Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The FA have informed Charlton Athletic that Lee Bowyer is to be charged with misconduct. The FA have provided the club with the following statement.

"Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer has been charged with misconduct following the game against Peterborough United [21/08/18] after it was alleged his behaviour on the field of play was deemed to be improper.

"He has until 18:00 on Thursday 30 August to respond."
  • Expecting a ban for either Fleetwood or Southend
  • Am surprised he can be charged under the new rules

A Yellow Card for a player means that if the FA think its a bad challenge, they cant up it to a red card (Unless those rules have been changed) because the incident has already been dealt with by the referee - Surely it should be the same situation here else whats the point of having the booking system for managers in the first place?

A Yellow Card for a player means that if the FA think its a bad challenge, they cant up it to a red card (Unless those rules have been changed) because the incident has already been dealt with by the referee - Surely it should be the same situation here else whats the point of having the booking system for managers in the first place?

Could be more to do with what he said to ref at full time.

He did say in the interview afterwards that you dont want to know what he said
  • Davo55 said:

He should have clumped Evans and made the charge worthwhile

Yup :smiley:
  • Will RD ask Bowyer to pay the fine himself?
  • No surprise that there is nothing on the Peterborough website about Steve Evans being charged then!!
  • Sponsored links:

True as I thought it would be for what he said in the post match interview but the statement clearly says it was for something said on the field... but then why didnt the referee issue a red card like with Teixeira against Millwall

More pissing incompetence from the top levels again!!
  • No surprise. Wonder if the ref will also be charged with 'bringing the game into disrepute'?
    Oh, wait, I think I know the answer.
  • No surprise this has happened. It is what it is!
  • addick05 said:

No surprise. Wonder if the ref will also be charged with 'bringing the game into disrepute'?
    Oh, wait, I think I know the answer.

Should at least be removed from even being the Fourth Official in the Championship this weekend

As Solly said, how the hell can you be giving penalties at this level if you cant explain what your going them for!!

God this Referee is impressive, bloke makes my blood boil even three days after the bloody game!!
  • Whats the problem? A number of managers over the years have been reported for misconduct by the match referee and the FA considered the situation at a subsequent hearing. This is a total consistent approach.
  • edited August 2018
    Bowyer needs to take a video of the decision to The FA, play it for them and say how did u want me to react when that was given on the 88th minute.

Despite what people on hear say, come the end of the season its possible we could be chasing peterborough for a play off spot, and if thats the case not only have we lost 1 point they have gained 2, thats a 3 point swing which could be crucial
  • Think you will find it what he said to the ref or might have been the fourth official, think it was along the lines of see you next Tuesday, I was surprised as I didn’t think we had a game, but perhaps they are going out for a pint?
  • Ironically, giving the ref dog's abuse is part of the reason so many shite referees find their way into the football league. Less and less refs in the amateur game because of the crap the get from no mark losers in the sunday leagues means fewer decent refs advance to the pro gsme

True as I thought it would be for what he said in the post match interview but the statement clearly says it was for something said on the field... but then why didn't the referee issue a red card like with Teixeira against Millwall

More pissing incompetence from the top levels again!!
    From what I understand he didn't even know which way we were kicking so he had no chance remembering which pocket he put his red card in W*nker……… not you of course FA. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• What - the same FA who turn a blind eye to clubs like ours being run to the ground in an almost criminal way?

They can fucking do one

I would love it, if the clubs outside the premier league left the FA and set up their own FA.
  • So is Lee now full time Manager?
  • Addickted said:

So is Lee now full time Manager?

No