Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sadiq Khan Balloon

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
First Trump, now Khan. This one is even funnier, imo.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Had no idea it was from far right activists. Smart retort by Khan. I still thinks is funny.
  • It's as funny as the Trump one was.
  • Is it full of hot air?
  • The Trump one was better as the joke was that Trump was an impetuous baby, and the balloon made him look silly. This one just attempts to make Khan look silly (by dressing him in womens clothing...).
  • My balloon is better than your balloon.....nah nah na nah nah!
    FFS.
  • I don't get it. What's it supposed to be saying?
  • Sponsored links:

• For some reason, it still makes me think of trump....

Maybe it's the skin tone.
  • Whole thing just needs to stop and looks embarrassing!!

London is supposed to be one of the greatest cities in the world yet we resort to flying balloons of Politicians, they're not even that big!! - Need to bloody well grow up, and that's both sets who have done this that need to!!

Totally disagree. I would love to see a parade of ONLY inflatable politicians! I think it would become world famous. We can have Trump with a diaper, Khan in a bikini, one of Bill Clinton chasing Monica, one of Pope Francis chasing a boy, one of Corbyn with a suicide vest on. Get as offensive as possible. Heck, lets even do the whole South Park thing and have Muhammad in a bear suit!
  • Whole thing just needs to stop and looks embarrassing!!

London is supposed to be one of the greatest cities in the world yet we resort to flying balloons of Politicians, they're not even that big!! - Need to bloody well grow up, and that's both sets who have done this that need to!!

I fear it's the future of politics.

Vote Kanye! :(
  • The Italians do giant papier mache caracatures of politicians and parade them through the streets at carnivals... same same but different

Khan has done well to shrug this off
  • The Italians do giant papier mache caracatures of politicians and parade them through the streets at carnivals... same same but different

We sort of do the same in Sussex somewhere, where come Bonfire Night they burn an agreed caracature in the form of a controversal figure from that year - Think if it was to be a carnival sort of parade then it wouldnt be too bad yet just think this is a pathetic spat between two people and a rather sad way to try and embarrass the other

We sort of do the same in Sussex somewhere, where come Bonfire Night they burn an agreed caracature in the form of a controversal figure from that year - Think if it was to be a carnival sort of parade then it wouldnt be too bad yet just think this is a pathetic spat between two people and a rather sad way to try and embarrass the other
    Lewes

What would've been the other course of action then?

** I think both balloons are a waste of time and don't really get the point in either
  • Sponsored links:

• what does "far-right mean"? i feel it is a phrase and branding that gets chucked around what about right wing what makes it "far"?
  • Chortle...
  • How about we get a big balloon of all the politicians, tie the actual politicians to them and let them lose while theres a big storm?

Trump, Khan, May, Corbyn, Boris. Left, right and useless.

Better get 2 made up for Prescott, £116k? Still, it'll be cheaper than paying his expenses no doubt
  • what does "far-right mean"? i feel it is a phrase and branding that gets chucked around what about right wing what makes it "far"?

Agreed. Personally I feel this balloon is tacky and juvenile, but then I thought the same about the Trump one. I hate Trump, but he is still the elected President of a major ally.

By the sound of things, the person organising this is protesting about the levels of crime in London, which is hardly an extreme BNPish position

In this case

"The anti-Khan crowdfunding campaign has been far more successful than the one preceding the anti-Trump balloon protest, a feat achieved, perhaps, because it was covered by right-wing partisan media outlets such as Fox News and Russia Today, and promoted by far-right and anti-Muslim groups such as the Democratic Football Lads Alliance, The Rebel Media, and The Voice of Europe. The pro-Brexit platforms Westmonster and British Voice also shared news about the campaign.

Right-wing activists such as Paul Joseph Watson (YouTuber and editor of InfoWars); Jim Hoft (founder and author of The Gateway Pundit); Pamela Geller (political activist and president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative); and Mark Collett (author and former chairman of the youth division of the British National Party) also jumped on the promotion bandwagon. In addition, the campaign was shared by various anonymous Twitter users that resemble typical pro-Russian troll accounts."

The guy raising the money Yanny Bruere also turns out to have made a lot of anti semitic tweets (see, it's not just the left who are guilty of this) in the past.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/08/01/exposing-past-anti-semitic-tweets-man-crowdfunding-giant-sadiq-khan-balloon-fly-london/

The protest is fine, nothing wrong with a balloon of Khan anymore than there was of Trump but Trump and his supporters got all upset, Khan is just laughing it off and not, as the organisers, hoped, banning it.

And remember Khan didn't organise the Trump balloon, he just didn't ban it as the right wing "freedom of speech" merchants wanted.

• last time i checked Democratic Football Lads Alliance - was an anti terrorist group

this is my issue why is opposing terrorists far right surely islam is anti terrorist - as we are told many times over and over again there is no correlation between islam and terrorism as they are not linked, being anti terrorist is not anti islam?

being against the burkha is not about being against islam as a religion it is being against a item of clothing that the majority of uk citizens do not believe is right.

the fla get pissed off with attacks on kids as concerts, soldiers butchered in the street - every member on here is aswell - and are anti terrorist that does not make them far right.

baloons are pathetic and on par with the arsenal fans and the banners.

khan over that commie ponce corbyn every day of the week, if i had to choose although that is similar to picking a bloke to burgle your house.
  • last time i checked Democratic Football Lads Alliance - was an anti terrorist group

this is my issue why is opposing terrorists far right surely islam is anti terrorist - as we are told many times over and over again there is no correlation between islam and terrorism as they are not linked, being anti terrorist is not anti islam?

being against the burkha is not about being against islam as a religion it is being against a item of clothing that the majority of uk citizens do not believe is right.

the fla get pissed off with attacks on kids as concerts, soldiers butchered in the street - every member on here is aswell - and are anti terrorist that does not make them far right.

khan over that commie ponce corbyn every day of the week, if i had to choose although that is similar to picking a bloke to burgle your house.

Some far right groups use things like terrorism to hide their racist agenda. Personal opinion here but I think some of them use anti teorrism, t'he government isn't doing anything' to recruit than try and push the racial angle. No one wants terrorism, but why are they against Mosques, which is where a lot of government intelligence comes from? Burkas are another one. You can't go to a petrol station with a motorbike helmet on but can with a burka, that's a definite double standard but most ciminals hide their face with hoodies, where is the call for a ban on hoodies? I can't think of a gang of criminals using Burkas to commit a crime.

Some far right groups use things like terrorism to hide their racist agenda. Personal opinion here but I think some of them use anti teorrism, t'he government isn't doing anything' to recruit than try and push the racial angle. No one wants terrorism, but why are they against Mosques, which is where a lot of government intelligence comes from? Burkas are another one. You can't go to a petrol station with a motorbike helmet on but can with a burka, that's a definite double standard but most ciminals hide their face with hoodies, where is the call for a ban on hoodies? I can't think of a gang of criminals using Burkas to commit a crime.
    A hoodie is nothing like a burka imo, but going with it, you would have to remove your good in the vast majority of shops and definitely all banks etc.. I also reckon that if you walked around long enough wearing a hood in a way that no one could see your face, you'd be pulled up for it sooner or later and rightly so

I can't keep up but they seem to have split into two or three groups including one left wing FLA.

The original intentions seemed good but a lot of dodgy people attached themselves to the FLA so much so that Royal British Legion returned money they had raised as they weren't happy with the views being expressed by some members.

But that is one group. Rebel Media, Paul Watson etc are far right conspiracy theorists and racists.