Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• If you don't already like, or want to see, cricket this'll pass you by.
    If you already like cricket I think you'll wonder why.
    Either way very few will be interested unless there are thousands of free or nearly free tickets.
  • LenGlover said:
    Does anyone, other than the ECB, even want this old bollocks?

I'm game
  • The ECB has attempted to make The Hundred seem well thought out, relevant and competently planned, by issuing a press release that is so poorly constructed and nonsensical that it deflects the attention of the reader from the subject. 

Utterly awful in all respects.
  • LenGlover said:
    Michael Vaughn
  • LenGlover said:
    Well, 17 out of the 18 counties obviously did. 
  • I think its a great idea. 

But then again I think last man stands is a great idea https://www.lastmanstands.com/

• Utter tosh! Unfortunately it mean watching less cricket in the future. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I dunno, you can't possibly expect the kids of today to sit through a a whole 20:20 match. I'm sure shaving those 20 balls off each innings will bring the Millennials flooding back to watch cricket.
  • LenGlover said:
    Well, 17 out of the 18 counties obviously did. 

Been over this before. Not only was there a bribe 'vote for this and you get 1.5mil a year while it goes on'. There was also a threat 'don't vote for this and you won't get payments whilst any county that did vote for it will. 

Also every county that owed the ECB money (more than half) basically were told by the ECB that they had to vote for it or loans wpuld be recalled.

The vote was even more of a farce than the competition will be.
  • https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/271f1652-3496-11e9-a129-05a1d4d7c2a2

Good. Surrey play at the oval not some London United bullshit.
  • I prefer to call it the 16.4 over competition which has more of a ring to it, I feel. The plan, as I understand it, is to run it at the same time as the Royal London One Day Cup which will have counties competing without their best players in that competition. It will mean that the players will be drawn towards the 30ish T20/Hundred games that will take place in England each summer. That doesn’t seem like a good thing. Sadly, I’ll be watching less cricket next year although The Hundred will apparently be attracting Mums and kids to replace me.
  • this isn't aimed at me as I love test cricket, kinda of enjoy one dayers and I'm not much of a fan of shorter versions of the game i.e T20. unfortunately it seems we're a dying breed and those at the top of the game making these decisions seem intent on finishing us off.
  • iainment said:
    If you don't already like, or want to see, cricket this'll pass you by.
    Either way very few will be interested unless there are thousands of free or nearly free tickets.
    Exactly. Fact is, if you don’t like cricket or not interested in it, you’re not going to like or be interested in any form of cricket. 

I was a big fan of the idea of twenty20 as my age group played 20 over a side games at the time and I thought it would be awesome to see pros play the same length of games as me, an 11 year old. 
  • to make it more interesting, the batsmen bowlers and wicket keepers should all be blindfolded .. as should the umpires
  • Sponsored links:

• Colin Graves (ECB Chairman) is my Cricket Club, Dormansland's President, he comes to our end of season awards dinner and nearly the entire club (arse lickers aside) just got royally pissed and were telling him what a bad idea it was during his Q & A
  • who's got the TV rights for this 'version' ?
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:

I'm not so sure .. 20/20 is VERY popular and lucrative for the counties .. those who like 20/20 will surely give this a look if only for the novelty effect
  • So this is a more exciting, shorter format of cricket, because it's shorter by 40 balls (16%)...

It's a crock of shite is what it is. I am not going to care one bit about this. And as many of you know, I'm an out and out cricket slag.
  • Cricket is losing its traditional values, 20/20 is the limit.
  • just listened to a interview with chief executive of the ECB Tom Harrison who sounds like someone who is so used to being on the defensive that he comes across a bit aggressive. (like most CEOs it seems.) anyway he's telling me that its already been a success?? 

from what I gather its more about the amount of money they have received from the likes of Sky and BBC than a success for the game of cricket and the introduction of new spectators. still, they got their money.

• also he suggests that the rules of cricket might be too complicated. this coming from the chief executive of the national cricket board.
  • who's got the TV rights for this 'version' ?
    Not been 100% sorted yet but some will definitely be "free to air" I think the BBC are interested.