Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Wigs and Balloons

Watching the game yesterday , noticed quite a few Man City fans wearing 'Blue' wigs of their support for their team.

Just wondered whether you thought it was all a bit cringey, or all part of the proud moment of supporting your team?

Which leads onto my next question , will you be wearing one?

For the record at the time of posting , i have got some balloons, but not red wigs yet.....

Comments

• Not for me personally but as I've matured have learned you shouldn't care or worry what others deem cringey or embarrassing

(as long as it's within reason and not taken to next stratospheric  level Crystal Palace extents of course )
  • It’s a strong no from me.
  • If you were to look up nigel in a dictionary there would be a photo of palace fans with balloons and wigs.
  • If you were to look up nigel in a dictionary there would be a photo of palace fans with balloons and wigs.
    ...and in FULL replica kit, with socks.
  • Not for me personally but as I've matured have learned you shouldn't care or worry what others deem cringey or embarrassing

(as long as it's within reason and not taken to next stratospheric  level Crystal Palace extents of course )
    Scoham said:

• No...just...NO!
  • Blonde curly wigs surely?
    just for our Lyle :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• It could be a really iconic way of celebrating breaking the South London attendance record for the 2018/19 season.
    @AddickUpNorth I suspect BBW has smuggled in a mobile, time for a shake down and a cavity search!  ;)
  • If we're doing fancy dress then may I suggest 'Vicars and Tarts' - now where did I put my tarts outfit?
  • No, no and thrice no.
    We're not fookin Palace.
  • Palace behavior 
  • Saw a bloke yesterday with a Lyle Taylor wig and it made me smile.  Some years ago I saw Bradford in a Wembley play off and they had loads of people in Desi Hamilton wigs that made me smile too.  I like a bit of fun. Don't think of it as 'Palace' think of it as Hartlepool and spread the joy. Some people are just too serious.

And for anyone who thinks it's not a Charlton thing to do, I suggest you take a look at "From Welling To Wembley".

• bobmunro said:
    Anyone over the age of 12 that thinks it is ok to wear a wig or have their face painted at a football match needs to be taken out of society permanently. 

Too bloody right!

Image result for millwall fans face painted

We've been through this before, @bobmunro .

As blatant a case of a fan pretending to be that of another team as I've ever seen

Bristol Rovers are renowned for such jovialities.

• bobmunro said:
    Anyone over the age of 12 that thinks it is ok to wear a wig or have their face painted at a football match needs to be taken out of society permanently. 

Too bloody right!

As blatant a case of a fan pretending to be that of another team as I've ever seen

It was probably Pompey 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:

Too bloody right!

It was probably Pompey West Ham

• edited May 2019
    Stig said:

Saw a bloke yesterday with a Lyle Taylor wig and it made me smile.  Some years ago I saw Bradford in a Wembley play off and they had loads of people in Desi Hamilton wigs that made me smile too.  I like a bit of fun. Don't think of it as 'Palace' think of it as Hartlepool and spread the joy. Some people are just too serious.

And for anyone who thinks it's not a Charlton thing to do, I suggest you take a look at "From Welling To Wembley".

If there was only one bloke wearing a Lyle Taylor wig (was on the a video Charlton twitter put out) then he's someone who sits in front of me

Really nice guy he is... Dressed up as Jose Riga at the Blackpool game when we stayed up under him in his first spell
  • And the real Lyle had a selfie with him getting off the team coach.
  • White and Black Wigs and protest shirts.

• Blimey, had to do a double take there.  Thought it genuinely was Lyle in the crowd.
    Lyle does not where sunglasses like that
  • Stig said:

Saw a bloke yesterday with a Lyle Taylor wig and it made me smile.  Some years ago I saw Bradford in a Wembley play off and they had loads of people in Desi Hamilton wigs that made me smile too.  I like a bit of fun. Don't think of it as 'Palace' think of it as Hartlepool and spread the joy. Some people are just too serious.

If there was only one bloke wearing a Lyle Taylor wig (was on the a video Charlton twitter put out) then he's someone who sits in front of me

Really nice guy he is... Dressed up as Jose Riga at the Blackpool game when we stayed up under him in his first spell
    Lol what did he wear to look like Riga? 
  • edited May 2019

• One Lyall Taylor look a likee is acceptable.