Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where Do You Sit and Why?

After a few seasons of paying for individual tickets, I’m caving and am going to buy a season ticket.

I've always been in the covered end and have been in the upper tier for the last five years or so.

I’m pretty vocal at games and the celebrations for last minute winners etc. up there have been great. However, I’ve sat in the east a bit recently and have really enjoyed it there. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to tactics etc. but feel I get a much better sense of what’s happening from there. I also think I’m much more likely to be in the east when I bring my children (who don’t exist yet) along for the first stages of their brainwashing. So, basically, I’m torn.

Just interested to find out where some of you sit/ stand and why? 

Comments

• D block covered end lower
    Reason-cheap
  • On a chair. If I didn't I'd have sit on the floor.
  • Covered end top tier as that is where my son wants to be.

He is off to Uni next year and I will give it some thought. I much prefer half way up in the middle, but then one will have to consider the cost. Not really for me, but certainly for one of our group.
  • iainment said:
    On a chair. If I didn't I'd have sit on the floor.
    Where, not what.
  • East stand, near the back and fairly near the half way line. Moved there in 1994, soon after it opened.

I do much prefer the view of the pitch. The lower Covered End legroom isn't very good either. And the East side is THE proper place anyway, having occasionally stood on the old terrace!
  • East is the best, it has a much better view of the game, and isn't quite as subdued as the West stand, whilst not filled with the knuckle draggers in the covered end.

I hope none of that is controversial
  • Good thread

My Dad decided to go C Block lower North 20 years ago, for his 1st season ticket - been going for 50+ years.

Since then been ever since with him with my 2 boys- then 7 year old - started 15 years ago @Addickted2TheReds,  then the next at then 4 years old - 9 years ago.

Thanks Dad who is 5’8 (at a push), me 6’1 and eldest 6’3”

No leg room whatsoever. No problem for last 4 years..... V Leeds was an issue 😩

ps. I started aged 4, 47 years ago😩

Spent the whole games running up and down the East stand terrace - No idea why and absolutely no chance now....
  • What happened to the boycott?

You people!
  • Sponsored links:

• What happened to the boycott?

You people!
    Somebody had to throw the pigs 🐷🙄
  • East Stand, block F. Been a ST holder there since it opened. Like the view as I'm not far from the half way line & can see all the pitch. Hate going to away games & getting stuck in seats 3 rows from the front behind the goal.
  • edited October 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Covered end top tier as that is where my son wants to be.

He is off to Uni next year and I will give it some thought. I much prefer half way up in the middle, but then one will have to consider the cost. Not really for me, but certainly for one of our group.
    Exactly the same.
    North upper j block with my son but maybe a bit old for it now.
  • West lower because you meet nice people and I can sometimes swap a tuna and mayo sandwich with a neighbour for my prawn sandwich. I’ve even shared some Darjeeling with the Earl Grey I bring.
  • Addickted said:
    At home until the Belgian physco has gone.
    Ditto.
  • edited October 2019
    Front row west upper. K block.  Excellent view of the pitch. Can see all that’s going on in the dug out. Nice people and close enough to the Covered End to get a great atmosphere. Had a ST in the East Block For the same reasons as others have said above until the price went through the roof about 5 years ago and Roland in his single act of common sense cut the price of STs in the West upper to about 200 quid at which point we relocated. Prices have now caught up sadly but it was good while it lasted. Wouldn’t move now as it’s quite busy up there and I wouldn’t give up the front row seat. 
  • West Lower Block D - next to the Directors' box. Probably the loudest there but the people around us just accept I'm a nutter!
  • Front row west upper. K block.  Excellent view of the pitch. Can see all that’s going on in the dug out. Nice people and close enough to the Covered End to get a great atmosphere. Had a ST in the East Block For the same reasons as others have said above until the price went through the roof about 5 years ago and Roland in his single act of common sense cut the price of STs in the West upper to about 200 quid at which point we relocated. Prices have now caught up sadly but it was good while it lasted. Wouldn’t move now as it’s quite busy up there and I wouldn’t give up the front row seat. 
    Used to sit in Block Q, Row A for the same reasons.
  • When I go upper west...Q/P Block.....sit where you like usually towards the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Covered End Lower, due to cost. 

Was in the centre of the East from when it opened. Three years ago we had our third child and I missed loads of home games that season, so Ms ET had a quiet word on costs per game.

My eldest comes with me now though, so I rarely miss a home game. I was thinking of moving back to my old East seat (they were still available when STs went on sale although doubt if they are now) but now sit next to a really nice chap and his grandson, so that probably stopped me.

My main irk is the terrible view from the edges of the lower north, much prefer to be on the East, close to where I used to stand on the mighty terrace.
  • Was always Covered End block E when we first came back and now Covered End upper block H, 2nd row from the front, kids love the atmosphere but can see the game with no one standing in front of them.
  • East, East, East Stander!

suited us last few years it being empty. Now it’s getting busier it’s proving more problematic 
  • North lower first row behind the goal, my son likes it there.
  • Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

• East Stand....so I can keep an eye on Chippy. 
  • Lower North, block C. Main factor is the cost but I sit with mates which is good. When my daughter used to come I was in the Family Stand. There are issues with the view (and when it's busy legroom) but atmosphere is good and what you miss in the long view (I can't see much going on at the other end) you gain in close up action. Admittedly that reasoning has made more sense under Bowyer.
  • edited October 2019
    WU K just along from, and behind, Sillybilly.  Originally sat there when first took Jnr aged 7 because:
    1.  Wanted to keep him away from language :-/ (no chance now...)
    2.  Great view along 18yd line and still close enough to cupboard end to get some atmosphere
    3.  Never get sun in your eyes
    Ended up getting a ST up there.  Now I meet Jnr in the pub as he's at Uni and we're almost in the same seats that he saw his first match from.  He's been in all the other stands for cup games and have thought about changing, but got to know people there.  There are some characters that make me smile and as AFKA said the other day, it IS getting rowdier and noisier there.  We still get the chance to stand and get a bit more boisterous at aways so it suits us fine  
  • One benefit from being at the back of the East Stand is that you stay dry and warm when the weather is poor, as the stand is very enclosed and I'm far enough back for the rain to not blow in sideways

By contrast having sat in the lower West for Cup games, it's surprisingly cold and draughty down, no wonder they all have blankets and thermoses!
  • Block F east stand,my wife and I are oldies so two season tickets for under £600 is good value,nice view had the same seats since stand opened,we take a flask but have yet to succumb to blankets.Just wish they would open all the toilets,as very often miss start of second half due to crowds in the gents.