Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite quote about Charlton or a Charlton player

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
Inspired by Naby this week of course - who needs Kevin de Bruyne when you have Naby Sarr?1

Comments

• Chris Solly, Solly, He's only 5 foot 3, He's better than John Terry.  (A Charlton wordsmith, unknown).
  • Chelsea...no Charlton....Charlton Athletic!
  • Solidgone said:
    Chelsea...no Charlton....Charlton Athletic!
    Cheltenham?
  • My mum was a fan. What Charlton Heston? No, Charlton Athletic. 
    Only Fools and Horses?
  • edited February 2020
    My mum was a fan. What Charlton Heston? No, Charlton Athletic. 
    Only Fools and Horses?
    Indeed, Daves middle name. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    “Charlton Heston?” “No, Charlton Athletic”

Loved the fact it was put on a flag along with Rodney Trotter’s face at Wembley as well!
  • He'll play for Barcelona or Bromley. It's up to him.

Lennie Lawrence again re Mark Stuart.

A Premiership side will win it why not us?

The great Curbs shortly before our next FA Cup capitulation.

• "We've done it Tel"
    'You German beauty'.
  • "And its Euell, and its 4 for Charlton, Arsenal in Tatters!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    "Some people are on the pitch!...........they think we need a shag in the centre circle!
  • And, given his successes, if a big club should come calling, asking Powell for his services? ‘They did. I manage them. And I want to take them back to where they used to be.’
  • We should be beating clubs like Charlton
  • Remember back in the eighties after a home game the next days newspaper headline on the game saying ‘Hales King Of The Six Yard Box’
  • The Colchester radio reporter who on overhearing Karel Fraeye shouting team tactics to his losing side, shared with the listening public those famous words of wisdom.

”SPREAD OUT A BIT”
  • Eddie Firmani on the glitz, cash and glory of the New York Cosmos

"When I went to the Cosmos from Tampa Bay Rowdies, I improved my salary five times over, from $22,000 a year to $110,000 a year [worth around $400,000 today]. At Charlton my best playing salary had been £17 a week and two quid if we won!

(From the Guardian 2010).

• The Colchester radio reporter who on overhearing Karel Fraeye shouting team tactics to his losing side, shared with the listening public those famous words of wisdom.

”SPREAD OUT A BIT”
    I asked Solly about this and he said it wasn't true.
    Mind you I didn't know or mention it was at Colchester.
    Is this actually true ?
  • “FUCK OFF ROLAND”

And he did.....!

”SPREAD OUT A BIT”
    I asked Solly about this and he said it wasn't true.
    Mind you I didn't know or mention it was at Colchester.
    Is this actually true ?
    Karel left a week after this game. An possibly Solly was out of reach of these words of wisdom.