Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting account restrictions

Had my bet365 account restricted yesterday.  Had the account for 6 years & definitely lost more than I've won over that time so I'm a little surprised. 

Spoke to a few friends who have also had their bet365 account restricted recently so they must be having a clear out!

Just thought I'd give the punters on here a heads up 

Comments

• edited June 2020
    They're not known as Bet£3.65 for nothing !

I was restricted as a 4 bet loser 1 winner ( all around evens all for aound £1k ) spread out over a year or so thats prolly 7 years ago now 

They didn't like my style of betting and think i could be a winner long run , i said I'm the worse gambler i know and i'd like to be the other side of my bets and  if you're best odds on something I'll be taking your odds .
    Messi to score any time i think the bet was that won 8/11 (£1100 won me £800)  my last bet with them , next day rooney any time same price can i have £1100 no you can have £10 or something tiddly
  • That's rather odd. Have you contacted them? Be interested to know what their reasons are.

I use betfair and 888 personally. never had a problem with either.

• My b365 also restricted from sunday night. Didn't know why as no email. Must be the same reason. 
  • Did a quick search on twitter, sounds like a lot of people are getting restricted.

Did you have a decent win recently? Sounds like they're just shutting down winners.

• I’m a small stakes punter with winning accounts in all the main sites but betway are the only ones who have ever restricted me. 
  • I have had accounts restricted/concessions withdrawn by every major bookmaker at least twice within the past 5-10 years.
    Half the time I received no prior notification, but they will only refer you to their terms and conditions and you will never get to speak to the 'trading team' who make these decisions.
    Computer software enables bookies to identify patterns in betting and when it flags up accounts that are going to be problematic, sooner or later there is only one outcome for the punter.
    Whichever way they may try to frame it, bookmaking today is a rancid business.
    It was the saddest day in their existence when the restrictions came in on the fixed odds machines, but they can still make a tidy sum from this at the expense of some of the most stupid punters. 
    They have been forced into showing advertising about responsible gambling, but in their wider promotional campaigns they naturally pedal the myth that you can win, whilst thousands of the savvy punters will be swearing at the TV.
    I'm pretty much done with gambling as I'm out of options, but perhaps you may find that your spouse/partner develops a sudden interest, though it's only a temporary solution.
    I now long for the day where we can reform pool betting properly and have a robust and fair system which will be the only option available to punters apart from the exchanges.

• edited June 2020
    @bobmunro after reading this thread....
  • I had my account restricted back in March from B365 after making 4k profit since the turn of the year.

• Sponsored links:

• Have had all my bookmakers accounts restricted or closed and have just excepted it as absolutely nothing you can do about it in all honesty once they have made that decision.You can always open accounts in other people’s names if they are happy for you to do that but if you have the same betting pattern that alerts the computers or are winning they will be closed too.All my betting now is spread betting and I know they will not close or restrict my account.Id recommend a Spreadex account as they also do fixed odds betting
  • I had a sky bet account closed the day after a big win, stuck £20 on a 10 way acca, spread over 7fold, 8fold, 9fold bets and the full 10, 9 of the results came in and the 10th was a late kick off, so I cashed out (the last game ended up a draw, thankfully) and took about 1300 from them, only had the amount for 3 months or so too
  • Wasn't outlandish wins either, was like Barca away win, Athletico home win, Real home win, Bayern away win, PSG away win, Man City away win, Lazio away win etc etc
  • Have had all my bookmakers accounts restricted or closed and have just excepted it as absolutely nothing you can do about it in all honesty once they have made that decision.You can always open accounts in other people’s names if they are happy for you to do that but if you have the same betting pattern that alerts the computers or are winning they will be closed too.All my betting now is spread betting and I know they will not close or restrict my account.Id recommend a Spreadex account as they also do fixed odds betting
    You obviously haven’t won enough , all the spread bookies have restricted me or my mates accounts (He’s a clued up gambler who knows values)  in the past 
  • edited June 2020
    I ditched Bet365 about 4 years ago. Their app is bloody useless and customer service was non existant.

Have been using Fitzdares and seems ok. Sky's odds are probably the worst of the lot of em.
  • I ditched Bet365 about 4 years ago. Their app is bloody useless and customer service was non existance.

Have been using Fitzdares and seems ok. Sky's odds are probably the worst of the lot of em.
    In my experience, Unibet are the worst for odds and the quickest to slash prices in the morning.

• I have my own tipping service for Spread Betting and earn my living from gambling Oohaahmortimer and have never had a problem with Spreadex. Infact treated the complete opposite by them
  • I’ve joined virgin bet. It’s a good website. 
  • Very odd to hear such bad things constantly about BET365 as they were by far the best I've dealt with and bobmunro hasn't paid me to say that! On the flip side SkyBet are a complete disgrace from my own personal exoerience. 
  • edited June 2020
    Very odd to hear such bad things constantly about BET365 as they were by far the best I've dealt with and bobmunro hasn't paid me to say that! On the flip side SkyBet are a complete disgrace from my own personal exoerience. 

To a degree it's an inevitability that you will hear more negatives about bet365 as we are by far the biggest - the law of large numbers at play.
    We have the broadest product range, the app is pretty much universally recognised as the best in the business, and our prices are amongst the most competitive in the fixed odds world. We are also the most responsible operator as recognised by regulators and the likes of Gamcare and GambleAware. We want to do so much more but sometimes it's like swimming in custard trying to take the other operators with us.
    In excess of £50b in bets placed a year (with £47b paid back) and tens of millions of customers the world over - we must be doing some things right!
    Accounts are restricted for many reasons - the same reasons that all operators use. Most punters will know what the reason is for their restrictions!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably shitting themselves about matched betters now people are furloughed and want to get a bit of extra dough and football is being played every day. 
  • They all do this eventually. Trading restrictions and non appealable.
  • I have my own tipping service for Spread Betting and earn my living from gambling Oohaahmortimer and have never had a problem with Spreadex. Infact treated the complete opposite by them
    I actually found them the most stupid and clueless of the lot used to bet loads back in the day , will hill index, ig index, sporting index and city index and there were a few other names to go on but  spread ex would never take a bet i'd tell em i'm sentimental hedging and selling Charltons points and they wouldn't want to know .

I'd even make them better than a choice price and they wouldn't trade ...

my mate who is like you a proper gambler has gone through loads of accounts with spread ex , they never like his style of bet selling goal mins even as low as 1  and they'd restrict him !!

I don't understand why people wouldn't use betfair who are best odds more often than not .
    I'll never get my head around me being restricted when i was one of the worlds worst losing gamblers 
  • Would love to see these cowboys brought into line, starting with a ban on TV advertising, but assume they have a strong lobby and few quid available to grease a few palms.
  • I back a few greyhounds on Hills for small stakes but serious betting is done on Betfair. Never had a problem with the exchange. 
  • To me their app is the best tbh. Quickest and easiest to use 

I won 6k of a £2 bet 4 yr ago. No blocking then. 
    Have just carried on small bets innthe same vain, win some lose some haven't made anything near that and all of a sudden a block. Strange. 
  • edited June 2020
    I have my own tipping service for Spread Betting and earn my living from gambling
     Oohaahmortimer and have never had a problem with Spreadex. Infact treated the complete opposite by them

Cool way to earn a living!  Also tax/ NI free too (I assume?) so can earn less than a conventional job i imagine to make ends meet.

Must take a lot of skill and discipline to make it work.

Is there a big element of mathematical/ statistical nous involved or other factors?

Genuinely intrigued by this as must be great to earn a living outside the usual 9-5 rat race.

EDIT it's essentially very similar to those who trade shares online. Someone my missus knows has made over a million doing that apparently without any prior experience. (Obviously for every one who makes a wedge there will be thousands who don't of course).

I have had an account with Sporting Index, for over 25 years had some big wins some big losses, never had a problem with them.
  • Put my cash down on the counter of a proper betting shop, all £5 of it, when we're at home and once a year on the National.

Never had a problem, never been blocked  😁