Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memorial for Seb Lewis - pictures p2

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Information on progress with the creation of a memorial to Seb Lewis at The Valley and how you can contribute to fundraising:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/03/help-fund-a-memorial-to-seb-lewis/

Comments

• Options
    Great idea, well done.
  • Options
    Just donated, what a great idea.
  • Options
    really like the idea of the mosaic 
  • Options
    This is really good news. The mosaic and site are perfect.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Brilliant idea for all to be able to see and remember Seb.
    I always thought a statue in a seat was impractical. Donated.

• Options
    Prefer this idea to a statue, regardless of cost.

Hope it happens
  • Options
    In the first hour, donations have reached £1,270, a quarter of the way to the target of £5,200. Thank you.
  • Options
    Thats a great idea, will donate tonight
  • Options
    Great idea. Will donate now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    done
  • Options
    Donated.

Seb - Never forgotten.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. The mosaic is a great idea. 
  • Options
    I presume it will be made so that it can be movable easily enough when ground renovations or whatever take place in the future .
  • Options
    I knew Seb pretty well, massive loss for the club. I'm sure I'll never see another fan like him in my lifetime.
    Stature great, mosaic great, but in in my opinion, the positioning is a poor choice.  A more obvious choice would be inside the stadium, maybe the wall where he hung his flag.
  • Options
    Good news. Saw the below on Facebook - @castrust it would be good to hear more if possible?

• Options
    Donated, fabulous idea
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I knew Seb pretty well, massive loss for the club. I'm sure I'll never see another fan like him in my lifetime.
    Stature great, mosaic great, but in in my opinion, the positioning is a poor choice.  A more obvious choice would be inside the stadium, maybe the wall where he hung his flag.
    That was our original idea. We wanted Seb to be able to see the pitch, but it wasn't practical.
    It isn't a wall. It is a metal fence which would expand and contract with heat. There would need to be a frame to overcome that and the outcome would be that the whole thing would protrude too far into the gangway. 
  • Options
    Brilliant idea this, a perfect tribute to Seb, well done to all involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a mental year it has been. Fitting tribute to the biggest fan of us all. RIP Seb
  • Options
    Passed £3K just after 3pm, great going so far!
  • Options
    Donated. Pleased to do so but very sad too.
  • Options
    Brilliant, touching and grateful to have been given the opportunity to donate. Thanks to organisers and RIP Seb x
  • Options
    Feel honoured to be able to donate in some small way to help celebrate our Seb! RIP young man. 
  • Options
    £50 on way
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Maybe - but more people can see it outside can't they. 
  • Options
    Donated. Reassuringly saw my cousin has also donated. "Hi Christian"
    Let's hope life returns to normal so that we can all get back to doing what Seb loved.