Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season Friendlies

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
We normally find out some fixtures before the end of the season. Welling on the 10th of July? The day before the Euro final. What else? Who will our ultimate home pre-season game be against? If memory serves me correct the last few have been Villa, Brighton, Huddersfield and Ipswich. Would be great to have a decent Prem team.

Comments

• I'm always interested in what aways we have, first team or reserve/development squads. It's always great to go to different places.
    People never believe that I have seen Charlton out in Valencia.
  • Welling could feel like one of the first “normal” things we’ve been able to do for 18 months, will be amazing if it’s pretty much back to how it was previously at that match.
  • Adkins said the pre-season trip will be in the UK so expect a game or two against local non-league sides in Cornwall, Scotland or wherever.
  • Exeter will be one Bristol Rovers could be another .. welling , most likely  Dagenham /Barnet then most likely a championship side and a very good home game most likely Danish team 
  • edited April 2021
    Will fans be allowed to go?
  • With restrictions being lifted in June, I expect that fans will be allowed to go. A tour of Scotland would be ace, it's been a while.
    I imagine if we could attract a decent Premier League club to the Valley it wold generate a bumper crowd. Am I right in thinking teams like Arsenal charge a fee to play? Realistically it will be QPR.
  • PopIcon said:
    With restrictions being lifted in June, I expect that fans will be allowed to go. A tour of Scotland would be ace, it's been a while.
    I imagine if we could attract a decent Premier League club to the Valley it wold generate a bumper crowd. Am I right in thinking teams like Arsenal charge a fee to play? Realistically it will be QPR.
    Arsenal don't want to be in the same football pyramid as us so its highly unlikely they would want to play a friendly against us when they have their millions of overseas non legacy fans to accommodate 
  • Dartford - July 17th.
  • The dentist has sorted out a game with Cardiff :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Aussie borders locked tight till June 2022!
  • when does the season actually start. Has that even been announced yet? 
  • I'm sure by mid July everything will be fine & 2000 people will be able to watch football outside again. 
  • redman said:
    when does the season actually start. Has that even been announced yet? 
    Weekend of  7th August.
  • I’m sure last year or the year before they charged like 10 quid and that gave you access to watching all pre-season games. Good value tbh.
  • I’m sure last year or the year before they charged like 10 quid and that gave you access to watching all pre-season games. Good value tbh.
    I'd go for that.
  • 17th July at Dartford.
  • PopIcon said:
    Dartford - July 17th.
    17th July at Dartford.

A double-header?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nantwich Town would be a good choice for a pre-season friendly!
  • clive said:
    redman said:
    when does the season actually start. Has that even been announced yet? 
    Weekend of  7th August.
    Away please, I’m hoping to be out of the country on that date.
  • bobmunro said:
    Nantwich Town would be a good choice for a pre-season friendly!
    Or Conahs Quay Nomads please 🤭🤭🤭
  • Chizz said:
    With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Some of your posts make chippy appear coherent. 
    Now now play nicely 
    On line or in the stadium?
  • Sounds like everything has been agreed for Pre-Season going by Adkins interview

Not going to be heading abroad this summer but it has been mapped out
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    With the Indian virus there I no guarantee of 21st June lifting at the moment.  Boris said so today. I wa t football and the rather than streaming and a bottle of beer. 
    Prescriptive text, apparently.
    More like Prescriptive Twat.
  • Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Prescriptive text, apparently.
    More like Prescriptive Twat.
    He most certainly is.
  • edited May 2021
    Who's up for a trip to Wales?