Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
Who do you want? Who’s in the running?

Comments

• Not sure whose available, probably someone underwhelming who is replaced in November after a poor start to the season 
  • A first time manager playing "passing" football I'd imagine, rather than an existing journeyman type. The equivalent of McKenna at Ipswich or Critchley at Blackpool who've coached at a high level, and want to become a manager now
  • not Euell, like JJ before him, too much involvement with the first team being wank 
  • Absolute scenes when we announce some Danish American :-) 
    I actually hope it is this to see the frothing by the Twitter lot.
  • Michael Beale
  • Sponsored links:

• Michael Beale seems the obvious one

• edited May 2022
    My rule in League 1 is always gamble on a young manager. Could end up with someone brilliant, go down the experienced route and there’s probably a good reason they’re available.

So for me that’s either someone doing well in L1 or L2, or a coach like Beale in his first job. No idea who.

I expect we’ll go back to playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 next season and a possession style. Have our fans and TS got the patience needed for it to he successful? MK Dons looked impressive last season but it wasn’t winning football on a regular basis until this season.

Can we avoid Danes, Americans and our former players? (not counting Beale as the latter).
  • I mentioned him in the other thread but Michael Duff has done a lot with very little for a while now. I think he'll be watching to see if Burnley go down though as he'd likely be a Powell style appointment for them
  • Michael Laudrup
  • I'd like Powell or Appleton.

Can see it being Hasselbaink.

• Why does Michael Beale seem an obvious choice

I mean... We know who he is, but does Sandgaard - Does TS just see him as another inexperienced version of Jackson and wants to go back towards someone who has been there, and done it.

Michael Duff or Mark Bonner would be my choice if not Beale. 
  • <Insert Michael Appleton JPEG>
  • WSS said:
    Michael Beale seems an obvious "known" choice.
    But could he do better?

I mean... We know who he is, but does Sandgaard - Does TS just see him as another inexperienced version of Jackson and wants to go back towards someone who has been there, and done it.

3 good names with Beale my pick. Would also put Warburton in the mix.
  • Not going to happen but I would go for the Wycombe manager.
  • Sponsored links:

3 good names with Beale my pick. Would also put Warburton in the mix.
    Forgot about Warburton being available. 

He'd be my "experienced" choice
  • not Euell, like JJ before him, too much involvement with the first team being wank 
    On the other hand a lot of involvement with some of the younger players coming through.
    Euell's U23's often had enforced changes which is the nature of the team at that level, but trust me they always tried to play good proper football.

Didn't TS mention that he had spoken with MB among others at the time when Jackson was caretaker?
  • A first time manager playing "passing" football I'd imagine, rather than an existing journeyman type. The equivalent of McKenna at Ipswich or Critchley at Blackpool who've coached at a high level, and want to become a manager now
    This is my feeling of where TS will go, and what he is looking for. 

Just got to hope that the 'blackbox' identifies technically good enough players to play it.
  • Alex McCleish

You heard it here first!
  • Is Beale going to be available? and can he step up from being number 2 to a big personality manager? 
  • who ever is the cheapest and will accept a contract with a dismissal clause based on not reaching a certain position in the league.
  • 1. Michael Beale
    2. Matt Taylor
    3. Mark Warburton 

Only 3 I can think of top of my head, but there was issues with Warburton at QPR apparently. 

QPR most likely go in for Liam Manning.

Michael Beale is my number 1 choice due to his coaching credentials, just the same when I wanted Nathan Jones to take over few years back.