Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Chin - on loan to Bath City (p3)

edited February 10 in General Charlton

By all reports gave a good account of himself in the cup last night. About time he deserves a thread?

Comments

• How old is he?
  • sehingga Addicks
  • How tall is he?
  • How old is he?
  • MrWalker said:
    How tall is he?
    5’11” according to Football Manager. I think he might be shorter though.
  • MrWalker said:
    How tall is he?
    5’11” according to Football Manager. I think he might be shorter though.
    Pass
  • If Garner has picked him then that is good enough for me. 
  • Been at Charlton since age 6
    This always amazes me. How on earth do you select potential at 6 ? Not saying u cant obviously people must do but its beyond me
  • Sponsored links:

• I really hope he succeeds as he is so dedicated. During lockdown I used to see him training in his CAFC kit on his own as I walked my dog on Crayford Corner, Dartford Heath. Head so much dedication he deserves to succeed.
    I remember a full back from a few years ago who got very similar reports from those who watched our youth football.

The player established himself in our first team and has gone on to make around 200 appearances in the Championship.

Do we think Richard Chin can emulate / do better than Morgan Fox? 
  • I really hope he succeeds as he is so dedicated. During lockdown I used to see him training in his CAFC kit on his own as I walked my dog on Crayford Corner, Dartford Heath. Head so much dedication he deserves to succeed.
    I remember a full back from a few years ago who got very similar reports from those who watched our youth football.

The player established himself in our first team and has gone on to make around 200 appearances in the Championship.

Do we think Richard Chin can emulate / do better than Morgan Fox? 
    I think we've only converted him to a full back in the last year or so haven't we. In which case, he might have the versatility of a Clare for example.
  • Been a good few days for sporting Anglo Malaysians (if that’s even a thing) after Gavin Greens second in the Czech masters at the weekend.
  • There was a kid in my brothers team who was the nuts. He was playing a year above his age group at 8 and got snapped up by Chelsea. At 10 he moved 2 years up for the challenge on a Sunday whilst playing Saturday football for Chelsea. Apparantly got in with the wrong crowd and was released at 16 but was regularly playing U18s for them at the time. 
  • Well done "Dicky"!
    :-)
  • He has had to deal with the worry of a broken leg, but has recovered well.
  • AndyG said:
    Been at Charlton since age 6
    This always amazes me. How on earth do you select potential at 6 ? Not saying u cant obviously people must do but its beyond me
    Honestly , that was the age when all 4 of mine started doing footy training and i could tell straight away all mine were shit .....

And they have to follow Charlton.
    You and your family don't seem to have much luck with football Ooohaah.  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    He has had to deal with the worry of a broken leg, but has recovered well.
    that and his suspect jaw...
  • I’m confident that Ben Garner is a very good judge of young talent. If he sees fit to bring Richard into the first team reckoning then that’s a very encouraging sign for both Charlton and Richard. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    Been at Charlton since age 6
    Honestly , that was the age when all 4 of mine started doing footy training and i could tell straight away all mine were shit .....

And they have to follow Charlton.
    You and your family don't seem to have much luck with football Ooohaah.  :smile:

And then he takes them cricket so they can cheer on the Eagles ….
  • Such a likeable lad and industrious player (with a brain). Only thing am peeved about is him being playing out of position which for a kid in the first team isn't the best scenario. 
  • There was a kid in my brothers team who was the nuts. He was playing a year above his age group at 8 and got snapped up by Chelsea. At 10 he moved 2 years up for the challenge on a Sunday whilst playing Saturday football for Chelsea. Apparantly got in with the wrong crowd and was released at 16 but was regularly playing U18s for them at the time. 
    Where is he playing now?

Stories like this always annoy as so few kids make it to the top level that i think if you had that talent why would you waste it?
    Where is he playing now?

Stories like this always annoy as so few kids make it to the top level that i think if you had that talent why would you waste it?

Kids are a victim of their environment and some think they've made it before they have. The ones that are deemed as on their way to the top are in receipt of constant adulation and with that comes invitation after invitation. It takes a strong one or one with a senior figure in their life to keep their feet on the ground. Richard has the opposite with a very supportive Mum and Dad (albeit that his Dad has been known to be quite vociferous in that support on the touchline - from a very early age). 
  • Has made himself available for Malaysia. 
  • Is he injured? Not on subs bench last game or in the U21s today so am guessing may be.