Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend Away now a Friday night....

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
on police advice

FFS

Comments

• Eh? What was they expecting??
  • Obviously based on a) Our closeness to Millwall, being tarred with the same brush. b) When we were there before and Curbs got all lairry and sent to the stands.

So instead of peeps getting there at mid day and drinking till 14.30, they will take the day off get there at 12.30 and drink till 19.00 this is the true meaning of police intelligence.
  • bollox - normally travelling back to uk on a friday night so that stuffs that one up!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]bollox - normally travelling back to uk on a friday night so that stuffs that one up![/quote]

Parachute over Southend, spectacular entrance!!
  • Ahh pissflaps. Still doing it - might have to stay over in Shoeburyness (with the Shoe from Bury. Medders will know what I am talking about)

It wont be the only fixture change for the season that is for sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]bollox - normally travelling back to uk on a friday night so that stuffs that one up!

Parachute over Southend, spectacular entrance!!

LOL, might be possible as I go to city Airport!
  • Land at Southend airport?
  • Jesus, making it hard for the easy to get to away games.
  • As I said on the other post about this, well about away fixtures

I suspect It'll be more to do with west ham playin at home on the sat and southend don't play at home on the same day, because apparently all west ham fans are also southend fans?!
  • West Ham are away on the Saturday.

Doesn't make sense, why was it not announced with the other 5 Southend games moved to Friday night ?

Only logic i can see is Southend are pushing for Friday night fixtures and using the guise of 'police advice'.
  • Sponsored links:

• They've also had their fixtures against Leeds, Scumwall, Southampton and Colchester moved to Friday evenings. So annoying - does anyone know why? Is it because it's seen as a potential trouble fixture, or because West Ham are at home the same day?
  • would be surprised if we didnt still take a couple of thousand over though
  • so that puts the boat trip well and truly out the window - was only half deliberating it cos its during the winter.
  • Half day friday job this one !
  • more beer then friday night clubbing b&b required ...and saturday full english just got better reflex in sarfend a good hoot
  • The other Southend fixtures moved are Millwall, Leeds, Southampton, Colchester and Orient. They obviously see us a big security threat...LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]West Ham are away on the Saturday.

Doesn't make sense, why was it not announced with the other 5 Southend games moved to Friday night ?

Only logic i can see is Southend are pushing for Friday night fixtures and using the guise of 'police advice'.

Oh right maybe as is the same in southend as throughout the south, friday nights in towns are dead quiet, saturdays are still busy, in order to make the town more money move all bigish games to friday nights so people stay over in the town, being a late game, whereas a sat afternoon game everyone leaves and goes home
  • I think its more to do with the fact that most Southend fans actually like Friday night games.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think its more to do with the fact that most Southend fans actually like Friday night games.

so they can go and watch their beloved hammers on the saturday...
  • Oh well..straight from work then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats give me the right ump
  • Absolute dickheads, police advice my arse... how can Southend move half their bloody games to a Friday night for every local/'big' club in the division? Police advice... yeah so by that Millwall will k/o at about 7am Easter Sunday then?

Surely the league should look into this?

Gonna make it hard to get down from Sheffield now without some time off... thanks a bunch.
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]West Ham are away on the Saturday.

Oh right maybe as is the same in southend as throughout the south, friday nights in towns are dead quiet, saturdays are still busy, in order to make the town more money move all bigish games to friday nights so people stay over in the town, being a late game, whereas a sat afternoon game everyone leaves and goes home

To be fair Southend is more busy on a Friday night!
  • No problem what so ever. I'll go straight from work & the worst scenario is the last train from Southend at 23:12 (to Fenchurch Street) then the 00:56 from London Bridge! Simples!
  • Im well happy with this, solves a few potential problems for me.

Day off booked.
  • Poxy

Means booking time off work IF i go now

rather anytime booked be spent with the family not football

Say may knock this on the head now as will the other 3 that i go with
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Absolute dickheads, police advice my arse... how can Southend move half their bloody games to a Friday night for every local/'big' club in the division? Police advice... yeah so by that Millwall will k/o at about 7am Easter Sunday then?

Surely the league should look into this?

Tranmere do the same apparently because they cant play at home when liverpool or everton are playing at home and since liverpool and everton both cant play at home at the same time it doesnt give them much option. We are playing tranmere on a saturday because everton's home game has been moved to the sunday.
  • Southend does look better after dark.
  • When was the last time we played on a Friday?
  • Tranmere do it because playing on a saturday when Liverpool or Everton are at home impacts on their attendances. But as has already been stated, West Ham are away on the saturday, so that's not really a reason for Southend.