Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Days - Huddersfield

edited March 2010 in Match Day Travel
Got my Huddersfield ticket today and Hotel rooms all booked.

For some strange reason, I'm far more excited about this game than the next away match.

Comments

• strange.
  • Long away trips/over night jobs are always fun.

Tranmere/Liverpool trip earlier in the season was superb. If only we took more than 500 up north.....

Christ oohahh has brainwashed me.
  • Oh look at me im not bothered about millwall.
    give me attention!

boring.
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Oh look at me im not bothered about millwall.
    give me attention!

boring.

strange post.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Got my Huddersfield ticket today and Hotel rooms all booked.

you staying the Friday or the Saturday ?

If you've sorted a decent hotel, send me a whisper Nick
  • prob because your away from home and think you can upto more mischief and noone will find out
  • Unless you video it all....
  • I'll be there...looking forward to this...and made easier by my mate getting married in York the day before, so no hard work trying to get the time off from the wife to go to 'bloody football'....
  • I hope we can take a good number up to 'Uddersfield, a win at the scum next saturday would definitely help boost numbers!I remember the season we went there and won 2-1, Andy Hunt and a Johnny Robinson screamer...we took a very good number that day considering it was a 12 o clock kickoff on the box!Look what happened that season too ;)
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]strange.

Agree seems very strange that Huddersfield would appeal to anyone more than our Derby game away. Dont think im not looking forward to Huddersfield though its going to be a good weekend i have a mate at Hudds Uni and am staying with him the ground is one of the nicest in this league i have herd and seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    My memories of Huddersfield are getting pissed in the Antigallican, an overnight on the Rent-a Riot (run out of coach companies towards the end of the season) having a game of footy in Greenhead Park, visiting the local slum areas, getting pissed again in the Coach and Horses before the game, and then going in the cowshed and getting beaten to a pulp by both police and supporters. Ah! Happy days LOL.

Did pull a nice little ginger sort after the game though.
  • Im away for the Huddersfield game, gutted.

Will defo be making up for it with overnight trips to Southampton & Oldham.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Im away for the Huddersfield game, gutted.

Will defo be making up for it with overnight trips to Southampton & Oldham.

Oldham should be good that will be a new one for me former premiership ground and all.
  • Got my three tickets through this morning. Second most looked forward to away trip after Norwich this one. Hotel on the Friday and Saturday nights, ride on the real ale train (a route where every station has an award-winning pub on the platform), all sorted, plus a first class train ticket with unlimited free booze to get up there in the first place, what could be better?

Anyone know how many we've sold. I know the initial allocation is only 1,000, but the away end holds up to 4,000 and I'll be disappointed if we don't take over a thousand.
  • Remember the Robbo Screamer well! Trains look very expensive though!
  • Trains are £35 each way now (first class single) on the Saturday, £22 in peasant class, which ain't too spendy. I got mine a while back for £24 a pop (and you get free food and booze if you travel on a Friday) happy days.
  • i will be one of the many to make up parky's 12th man for this game.
  • try the megabus website for their trains to either leeds or sheffield, might be cheaper this far in advance
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Trains are £35 each way now (first class single) on the Saturday, £22 in peasant class, which ain't too spendy. I got mine a while back for £24 a pop (and you get free food and booze if you travel on a Friday) happy days.

Y would you pay extra just to sit in first class when its no different atall.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Trains are £35 each way now (first class single) on the Saturday, £22 in peasant class, which ain't too spendy. I got mine a while back for £24 a pop (and you get free food and booze if you travel on a Friday) happy days.

Apart from the free food and booze?
  • Sponsored links:

• and the lack of screaming kids
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

Apart from the free food and booze?

Really what train network is this that does this free food and booze defo not Virgin.
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]and the lack of screaming kids

Yea but still f**k that were in a recetion i will just put my Ipod in and let them get on with it.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Trains are £35 each way now (first class single) on the Saturday, £22 in peasant class, which ain't too spendy. I got mine a while back for £24 a pop (and you get free food and booze if you travel on a Friday) happy days.

Sounds good, which network ... and any recommended hotels?
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Trains are £35 each way now (first class single) on the Saturday, £22 in peasant class, which ain't too spendy. I got mine a while back for £24 a pop (and you get free food and booze if you travel on a Friday) happy days.

Apologise just look at the website and your right and im wrong sorry.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]and the lack of screaming kids

Yea but still f**k that were in a recetion i will just put my Ipod in and let them get on with it.

I love this reply!
  • Huddersfield is a fair old journey, defo get your money back in booze for £35!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]and the lack of screaming kids

I love this reply!

:-) i try.
  • never leave us please.
  • coaching it up there