Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Technical Help from those who are IT minded - JavaScript

I'm struggling to be view any of the films etc on YouTube on my new Laptop and it keeps telling me that Ive either got my JavaScript turned off or that I need to download the new version of Flash, which Ive done but it still doesn't seem to work, so I'm guessing its gotta be a case of turning on the JavaScript. Main problem is is that I haven't got a clue how to do that. Can anyone who is a little more IT minded than me please explain!

Cheers

PS Lookout. Ive emailed those files of 04_MCS and the film of the goal celebrations to admin@charltonlife.whateveritwas

Comments

• Options
    Got the emails Dan, cheers. I'll start a post or add them to that original Discussion in a mo. I'll need to get 04\'s permission first, of course, tho I think he said he wouldn't mind...

I'm a Mac man meself, but off the top of my head, you should be able to turn on Javascript in Win Explorer preferences, under something like Options/Tools/Security... If IE wasn't such a shite browser, it would be secure enough to have JS on as default.

Alternatively, use Firefox. If my assumption is wrong, and you are not using IE, then I'd have to think a little harder on it and get back to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Yeh IE it is. Might download summat better...

Checked in Internet options but could find the option to turn it off or on

Thanks mate
  • Options
    Lookhere, its only a (obviously (i hope) distorted) pic of me! But if you wanna start a pic forum thing i dont mind having it up where ever! If you wanna email it me that would be great. You got email aint ya??

I am too a mac man lookhere. Was gonna ask if you were. What are you an artworker or what? Thats what i am!
  • Options
    @Dan: I've had a look (Macs can run Windows too!) Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level/ (Scroll down to) Enable Java Applets

That will ensure Javascripts can run (Tho, there's lots of Java in this forum, so maybe that's not your problem)

@04: Yup I'll send it over. No, not in art at all, though I am registered at Goldsmiths (Nutters the lot of em LOL!) I'm on leave right now, so have had lots of time to dabble, and get this site going.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]@Dan: I've had a look (Macs can run Windows too!) Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level/ (Scroll down to) Enable Java Applets

That will ensure Javascripts can run (Tho, there's lots of Java in this forum, so maybe that's not your problem)

Thanks mate! Its my laptop at home I'm having issues with, not my PC here at work, so hopefully that'll fix it.

Cheers for you're help.