Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

charltonlife vs addickted.net

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
which is better?- charlton life is awesome but i have never used addickted.net so i dont know what its like so which is better?

Comments

• Do me a favour

Join then come back and tell us members here will say here and members there will say there
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]which is better?
    Sorry to have taken so long to reply.

Can you clarify something? Better at what?
  • Answers on a postcard
  • I used to use addickted.net but now i'm addickted to Charlton life. Charlton life is much better imo.
  • IMHO

Everyones view is different so best go and join and decide for yourself
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]I used to use addickted.net but now i'm addickted to Charlton life. Charlton life is much better imo.

ditto
  • edited August 2010
    Addickted.net was once a good site, now its nothing due to the owner letting it die and all us members hanging, i have found a new home on here now.

One thing about this site i hated was the layout i could never get used to it but its grown on me now i know how to use it properly.
  • Addickted.net was just like this but with a better layout ect.

Since it went down it hasn't picked up, so stay here for now.
  • IMHO, Addickted went downhill fast the minute that talented young hack Liam Happe stopped writing for them and jumped ship to greener pastures. What that site could have been had he stuck around, who knows......
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: newsshoppersport[/cite]IMHO, Addickted went downhill fast the minute that talented young hack Liam Happe stopped writing for them and jumped ship to greener pastures. What that site could have been had he stuck around, who knows......

I used to read his stuff on evenings when I couldnt sleep. Worked better that nytol.
    ;-)
  • Its a big shame addickted wasnt maintained.
    It was 100 times better than here in the way of layout and features.

Not such a shame for the admin on here though, meaning once the decline began more users would jump to here.
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Its a big shame addickted wasnt maintained.

Not such a shame for the admin on here though, meaning once the decline began more users would jump to here.
    What type of features would you like to see on here?
  • Addickted always seemed like it was the Junior reds forum.
  • The Addickted website is quite nice to look at, never used the forum though, I thought it was where all the rowdy kids hung out and slated their Palace and Millwall counterparts.

This is by far the best Charlton Message Board, both in terms of layout and the standard of debate (usually), and better than any other club message boards I've seen. Can get everything else I need from elsewhere, mainly the OS and Newsnow.

Only thing I've used Addickted for is the fairly impressive online shop from which I bought a very nice "I Saw Leaburn Score" Mug. Maybe Charlton Life could do something similar - I'm sure you could make a fortune from badge sales alone.
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Its a big shame addickted wasnt maintained.

What type of features would you like to see on here?

I think we should have a worst post of the week, and best post of the week....you admin Charlies can come up with what you consider a top ten short list, we vote and there you have it, we can have a league and at the end of the season the winner gets a seat at the end of season dindins!! Er... or not!!
  • I hate it on hear and spend no time on here at all 2 bob site no way near as good as Redtube
  • Re the badges couldnt you work in tandem with the club. Ie charge a tenner or even a score for it which would be a silly mark up but as it is a one off purhcase i am sure that people who wanted one would part with that?

Then with the profits part could go to CL, part to the club and part to Demelza or something. Everyones a winner.
  • Charlton Life is the only website in the world that I would even consider paying for, and that says an awful lot.
  • Lamby made Addickted what it is FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• In terms of membership numbers, activity and content CL is probably now where Addicted was two years ago...

The Charlton topics are very much similar, the non Charlton stuff was probably a bit more bizarre on Addicted although the sense of humour is from both sets of members is just as keen...

Both sites have the usual mix of the serious minded, piss takers, wums, lurkers, over enthusiastic, know-alls, bullies etc...

Definitely no cliques on Addicted but was quite clannish at times...

For some unexpected reason Addicted bit the dust and quite few members now post here instead, although there are few here that would deny their grass roots involvement with them for of being labelled a troll or something equally nasty...

Just like most forums, the more you put in the more you get out of it, good or bad...
  • Just admit it Bob..Addickted was better!

It was all that CharltonLife is but with badgers.
  • Oh my God, Nathan killed Addicted...!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Just admit it Bob..Addickted was better!

It was all that CharltonLife is but with badgers.

It must have been good, you got badgers.
  • Could have been good but the layout was atrociously ugly with all those avatars and the whole thing looked a mess. It was very clunky to use and the multiple pages meant everything was spread around all over the place.

The owner only set it up to advertise his web business and when that had been done and he had other, newer, sites to show off he dropped it like a stone.
  • One of big differences between Addicted an CL was Addicted was quite visually graphic with its sigs etc, some threads would allow embed videos, who could forget the famous Bollywood oscars...?

And where CL has name that football team Addicted played 'name that conehead'...

Different strokes for different folks...
  • And we also had the Percygate Scandal
  • I lurked on addickted.net for a while, have to admit their forum used better software than this board, not so archaic and clunky but apart from that don't really see anymore things that we could miss.
  • Had alot of features, problem was most threads ended up in the same group of posters talking about Jade Goody etc making it pretty poor to read.
  • Jade Goody...?

Surely you mean 'minger'...