Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Life in the ryman league

The past two weeks I have enjoyed a couple of matches watching the mighty Cray Wanderers. I was able to leave work at 2pm yesterday deliver a order and still make kick off. Cray won 3-0 versus Aveley and sit 4th in ryman premier, their highest position in their 150 year history.Last Sunday I took in a 1-0 victory versus Wealdstone.

Their a few old Charlton youth players plying their trade for Cray this season, Steve Lazono, Rhys Coleman, Danny Phillips and Lewis Perkins who has been on loan but out injured for the past 6 weeks.Danny Phillips is a lovely player to watch although very small very strong on the ball with bags of skill.Nathan Ashton lined up for Aveley yesterday who were managed by the duo of ex Charlton players the kimble twins.

I hope Charlton continue to work with Cray to blood any promising youngsters, they are superb club, with Jenko their manager a great character and very funny if you listen to him debating with the officials.

If you do get a spare Saturday or Sunday (if Bromley are playing at home the same weekend) pop down and give them a go.

Also they are hoping to build a new ground in Sandy Lane St Pauls Cray approx 1/2 from my house and I have already promoised Little Joe a season ticket for when Charlton are away.He loves going as well as he can play football whilst also watching the match, and yesterday wore his Cray 150th anniversary shirt with BARNES 9 on the back.I told him to go in the bar yesterday and find out how we were getting on and when he came back and told me we were 2-0 up I almost gave him a cuff for winding me up,only to get a call from NLA 5 minutes later telling me it was 4-0.

If you get the chance sign their back the bid petition on www.craywands.co.uk to get the club back home.It will be great for the club with attendances sure to increase considerable and the area would benefit greatly from the facilities that chairman Gary Hillman plans to build.

I will definately get a season ticket as well should they get back to compliment my Charlton one as it will be within walking distance with THE BULL INN in between the ground and my home.

Comments

• Petition signed. It would be good to see them back in St Paul's Cray. I am a regular visitor to Ryman League football down at Dulwich and have seen some very entertaining games over the years. Not bad for £6. Their youth team are playing Yeovil in the cup on Wednesday. I will let you know if I can spot another Chris Dickson - or maybe not!
  • I noticed they had quite a few of our ex academy players when checking how Perkins was doing.

They also have Chris Saunders, Adam Cottrell, Callum O'Shea and Richmond Kissi (last two scored for their reserves other day)
  • Chris Saunders got knocked out whilst scoring a header away at Maidstone midweek, he played last week against Wealdstone.Richmond Kissi is scoring loads in the ressies.
  • Oi...there is only one Rymans team to support and thats the mighty Maidstone Utd!

As muh as I love Charlton, you can't beat non-league football for fun and action. I think thats why Im enjoying this season s much with Charlton. We are going to the type of grounds that has the non-league feel to them. Thet are all different, all have history, and you can feel that they ooze football, just like non-league football clubs.
  • How good did Cray look first half!?

We need to sign up the cray cb... never seen someone so good in the air!
  • Is Joe Francis still involved with Cray Wanderers? He was a very talented midfielder for Bromley a few years ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]How good did Cray look first half!?

We need to sign up the cray cb... never seen someone so good in the air!
    Who was that?
  • depends either Mark Willey the Captain or John Guest the number 6. Joe Francis is Jenko's assitant manager.
  • Surprised to see Nathan Ashton has fallen so far down the ladder, sure he was at Fulham as recently as 2008.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure in what capacity but I'm fairly certain Joe Francis works for Charlton.
  • Huh huh......
    They've got a player called Willy, and another called Lover.......*giggle*
    Wouldn't it be funny if.....*snigger*......they both "Scored" !?
  • I used to live in Foots Cray until my early 20"s and used to go and watch Cray quite a lot at their Old Oxford Road ground when Charlton where away.
    I'd love to see them back playing where they belong.
  • Im good mates with Danny Phillips. Arran Day is my cousin and Jenko is my uncles best mate. Im familiar with the whole set up. Would be good to see them progress.
  • Sorry to ask such a stupid question but where exactly are Cray (Footscray, St Mary, St Paul)?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Sorry to ask such a stupid question but where exactly are Cray (Footscray, St Mary, St Paul)?

Play at Bromley's stadium
  • CRAY ARE ORIGINALLY FROM ST PAULS CRAY
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Is Joe Francis still involved with Cray Wanderers? He was a very talented midfielder for Bromley a few years ago.

Yes he's the assistant manager. One of my best mates at school, he was a very good player. Was on our books but Lawrence let him go at the end of his YTS period. Played at Welling for a few years.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]The past two weeks I have enjoyed a couple of matches watching the mighty Cray Wanderers. I was able to leave work at 2pm yesterday deliver a order and still make kick off. Cray won 3-0 versus Aveley and sit 4th in ryman premier, their highest position in their 150 year history.Last Sunday I took in a 1-0 victory versus Wealdstone.

Their a few old Charlton youth players plying their trade for Cray this season, Steve Lazono, Rhys Coleman, Danny Phillips and Lewis Perkins who has been on loan but out injured for the past 6 weeks.Danny Phillips is a lovely player to watch although very small very strong on the ball with bags of skill.Nathan Ashton lined up for Aveley yesterday who were managed by the duo of ex Charlton players the kimble twins.

I hope Charlton continue to work with Cray to blood any promising youngsters, they are superb club, with Jenko their manager a great character and very funny if you listen to him debating with the officials.

If you do get a spare Saturday or Sunday (if Bromley are playing at home the same weekend) pop down and give them a go.

Also they are hoping to build a new ground in Sandy Lane St Pauls Cray approx 1/2 from my house and I have already promoised Little Joe a season ticket for when Charlton are away.He loves going as well as he can play football whilst also watching the match, and yesterday wore his Cray 150th anniversary shirt with BARNES 9 on the back.I told him to go in the bar yesterday and find out how we were getting on and when he came back and told me we were 2-0 up I almost gave him a cuff for winding me up,only to get a call from NLA 5 minutes later telling me it was 4-0.

If you get the chance sign their back the bid petition on www.craywands.co.uk to get the club back home.It will be great for the club with attendances sure to increase considerable and the area would benefit greatly from the facilities that chairman Gary Hillman plans to build.

I will definately get a season ticket as well should they get back to compliment my Charlton one as it will be within walking distance with THE BULL INN in between the ground and my home.

Any chance you could go there every week and give us all a break!!!