Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well if you REALLY love football?

You have got to be floating on cloud nine after that game tonight.
I love football more than any allegiances to club or country. To nights match- Man Utd v Milan was an absolute classic.
I do not expect such entertainment tomorrow night though, more one for the tactical purists with talk of "Chess Matches" and all that crap. Just give me football the way Man Utd play and I'm happy.

Comments

• Agree it was a great game - still hate man utd though
  • Great game - I am not a ManU follower but must admit I cheered when Rooney's goal went in.
  • have really enjoyed watching Man U in Europe this season. Though not my club, i appreciate good football and seeing the very top quality players also play with passion and desire is rare to see.
  • I must admit that I love watching European games at OT. The atmosphere tends to be so much more electric than the League / Cup games you see on the TV and adds to the whole spectacle.

Great game last night. Two fairly matched sides going for it and was a pleasure to watch Ronaldo and Kaka on the same pitch. I just wish the commentator could have got their heads out the two lads backsides.

Does make you wonder how good Utd could have been had they had a 1st choice defender in the side.

Utd v Liverpool Final?
  • I was listening to Five Live after the game and laughed when UManU fans were saying how shite Kaka had been and how goood Heinze was !!!!!!

It;s a funy old game
  • i actually think Man U will get turned over in the 2nd leg, which will be a crying shame because from what i have seen in the CL this year, they deserve to be in the final more than anyone.
  • I am pissed off because I missed it due to a school Governors meeting. I assumed there would be highlights after the ITN news at 10.30 but no. Bloody typical!!
  • im going tonight (corporate thing)
    just hoping to see liverpool put 3/4 past cech
  • MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I am pissed off because I missed it due to a school Governors meeting. I assumed there would be highlights after the ITN news at 10.30 but no. Bloody typical!!

i missed the first hour, had to go into work to sort something out! i love champions league, its ace, espesh when its 2 of the big guns in world football! fantastic finale great goal by wazza, great ball by scholes for wazza's first. Just peed orf that i missed kakas first half.
  • Should be fun tonight. I'm currently in Frankfurt and gonna watch the game on a big screen in an Aussie pub with a spanish colleague who supports Barca and a german colleague who supports Eintracht Frankfurt. Interestingly enough it's the first time any of us will be supporting the scousers - more due to a dislike of chelski rather than a liking for Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kaka's second was of the highest quality, both in technique and bravery. Wazza's winner was hollywood stuff
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Kaka's second was of the highest quality, both in technique and bravery. Wazza's winner was hollywood stuff

brilliant wasnt it, and wazza's second, top top class finishing, and the keeper aint no mug neither!
  • did anyone else think Rooney controlled his first with his arm ? Never got mentioned at all...
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]did anyone else think Rooney controlled his first with his arm ? Never got mentioned at all...

none of the eye ties or there goalie appealed tho did they, so i dont even think it would/could of been given! They mentioned it in the analysis part after, but said that from another camara angle the defender kicked it into Wazza's arm! (wazza lol) dunno why i keep wanting to call him this, its a silly rio name!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Kaka's second was of the highest quality, both in technique and bravery. Wazza's winner was hollywood stuff

brilliant wasnt it, and wazza's second, top top class finishing, and the keeper aint no mug neither!

Hit first time and caught the keeper out big time, plus it got lashed at pace, would have beat better keepers
  • AFKA, thinking about it Rooney's handball it is never going to get mentioned, theres a few new rules in the premeirship which Jose highlighted on Saturday, as Jose said End of Democracy. lol

On that subject anyone seen 'ruddy hell' with the blokes out of the fast show?, their impression of Jose is quality.
  • Mourhino press conference yesterday was class, tore Liverpool to shreads
  • mourhino said that he'd have been sacked by now if he was benetiz for not winning the premiership.
    let me get this straight. anyone got a comparison of what benetez and mourinho have had to spend in their time at their clubs?
  • Not sure about Chelsea but this is Rafa's

Transfers in = £81,630,000

Transfers Out = £37,230,000
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Mourhino press conference yesterday was class, tore Liverpool to shreads

Is this when he said Liverpool had the advantage of being a small club and able to concentrate on only one cup, whereas big clubs like Chelski have to win everything?

Arrogant asshole, you're gonna win f*** all.
  • Sponsored links:

• MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Mourhino press conference yesterday was class, tore Liverpool to shreads

Is this when he said Liverpool had the advantage of being a small club and able to concentrate on only one cup, whereas big clubs like Chelski have to win everything?

Arrogant asshole, you're gonna win f*** all.

have to disagree, as much as i hate this chelski mob, i fear that man yoo will win nothing and chelski will win the lot!! although it would still be funny, taking the mick outta the plastic Manures! i know so many!
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]On that subject anyone seen 'ruddy hell' with the blokes out of the fast show?, their impression of Jose is quality.

LOL! Was just talking about it with some colleagues. So spot on!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Mourhino press conference yesterday was class, tore Liverpool to shreads[/quote]

Arrogant asshole, you're gonna win f*** all.[/quote]

You need to be arrogant at that level. I'm not sure why people get so wound up at what managers say, most of it is bravado. Mourinho is letting his players know that he's confident.
  • I'd like to see Man U go on and win the CL this season, they've played some good football in both the EPL and CL.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I'd like to see Man U go on and win the CL this season, they've played some good football in both the EPL and CL.

i think thats why they wont win anything! not even the fa cup! they go and play the best most entertainingest footie in the land, then go and lose to those chelsea cloggers at wembley, stamford, and they will lose to milan! they aint winnin a dime! which will be a shame imo
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I'd like to see Man U go on and win the CL this season, they've played some good football in both the EPL and CL.

i think thats why they wont win anything! not even the fa cup! they go and play the best most entertainingest footie in the land, then go and lose to those chelsea cloggers at wembley, stamford, and they will lose to milan! they aint winnin a dime! which will be a shame imo

You could be right. Remember the FA Cup Final two years ago? Man Utd v Arsenal. The most one sided game since.....Man Utd v Millwall.
    Utd should have won, played superb football but lost on pens.

I really want Utd to win the PLeague but think Chelsea may still nick it. However, that is slightly less likely since Chelsea failed to beat The Toon.
  • Oh and while we're at it, C'mon Chelsea
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Oh and while we're at it, C'mon Chelsea

Yeah that's the spirit Rothko.

Mourinho was awesome in his press conf yesterday - i know he comes across as an arrogant so and so but as a player it must be great to see hear your manager giving it like that.

As for last nights game that was a great game