Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well chuffed, finally....

... saw the OB catch a red light jumping cyclist this morning on Bishopsgate. Beautiful. One copper at the lights, two more a bit further up stopping them....

Comments

• Get in there...hope he gets life imprisonment..! :-)
  • thanks for the warning!
  • as Salad said, thanks for the warning.

Wonder if the police will force the Mass through tonight, like they've done before
  • LOL. I'll keep it to myself next time! ;-)
  • So the thanks for the warning Medders stuff means you are both guilty of jumping Reds.

I am truly shocked guys (Shakes head) :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]So the thanks for the warning Medders stuff means you are both guilty of jumping Reds.

I am truly shocked guys (Shakes head) :-)[/quote]

I'm shocked also

And why are the police forcing the Mass through? Is this some sort of Catholic plot?
  • Critical Mass tonight, the police were forcing cyclist through Red lights, when usually the Mass stops at lights.

Should be a good laugh tonight, especially as the police are throwing huge amounts of money at another court case to stop the ride
  • Never heard of this.... explain some more Rothers...
  • Critical Mass has been going for about 12 years, it's happens on the last Friday of the month, and it involves about 500 cyclists going out for a ride about town.

The police are spending a small fortune trying to get the thing banned or more controlled, they've lost one appeal, and are trying again to get the ride banned.

It's good natured, pro environment, and it doesn't annoy anyone, except a few coppers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and it doesn't annoy anyone, except a few coppers....

...and people like me trying to follow the Green Cross Code, without get mown down by a cyclist running a red.... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• and here's the story on the Met wasting money on the court cases

Wasting Londoners Money
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and it doesn't annoy anyone, except a few coppers....

...and people like me trying to follow the Green Cross Code, without get mown down by a cyclist running a red.... ;-)
    the speed I go, there is too little time for me to hit anyone!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Critical Mass tonight, the police were forcing cyclist through Red lights, when usually the Mass stops at lights.

Should be a good laugh tonight, especially as the police are throwing huge amounts of money at another court case to stop the ride

The court case was won by the police wasnt it? Tonight being the first mass since the case.... Anyone going on it tonight?
  • I might take the Land rover thats in the yard up town for that.

Plenty of blind spots on that vehicle for cyclists to get in and become targets.

Lot's of black diesel smoke comes out the back too so they can hide themselves in that too.
  • I'm going, and the expectation is there are going to be about 1,500 out on the Mass tonight, the ride isn't against the law, and the only people the police could arrest are the organisors, but there aren't any.

LEGAL CLARIFICATION – CRITICAL MASS IS NOT ILLEGAL

On Monday the Court of Appeal gave their judgment in the Critical Mass case (Commissioner of Police for the Metropolis v. Des Kay).

Cyclists will want to understand the practical implications of the judgment for this Friday’s Critical Mass.

By two to one (and against the decision of two previous judges), the Court of Appeal rejected Des Kay’s argument that the monthly rides are ‘commonly or customarily held’ which would exempt them from the notification requirements of the Public Order Act 1986.

The result (subject to any reconsideration by the House of Lords) is that any organiser of Critical Mass is now required to notify the police at least 6 days before the event providing them with the date, route, and name of organiser.

If an organiser fails to do this, he or she will be liable to prosecution. It would be for the police to prove that a person was an organiser of Critical Mass.

The case was brought because, in September 2005, the Police handed out leaflets at Critical Mass saying:

“These cycle protests are not lawful because no organiser has provided police with the necessary notification. Your participation in this event could render you liable to prosecution.”

Those statements were, and remain, incorrect. The Court of Appeal’s judgment does not mean either that the ride is unlawful or that those merely cycling in the ride are acting unlawfully.

Friends of the Earth Rights & Justice Centre

Lawyers for Des Kay

23 May 2007

The Met are going to treat it like they normally do, with confused young coppers on bikes, who quite enjoy an easy ride round London
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I might take the Land rover thats in the yard up town for that.

Plenty of blind spots on that vehicle for cyclists to get in and become targets.

Lot's of black diesel smoke comes out the back too so they can hide themselves in that too.

Either that, in a true Road Runner stylee, why not just spread shit loads of tacks over the road and what them all deflate? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I might take the Land rover thats in the yard up town for that.

Either that, in a true Road Runner stylee, why not just spread shit loads of tacks over the road and what them all deflate? ;-)

Good thinking batman!!

And twist the windscreen washers to turn them into super soakers
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I might take the Land rover thats in the yard up town for that.

These puncture resitant tyres people use nowaday might be the Road Runner answer, to the stupid Coyote's little games
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I might take the Land rover thats in the yard up town for that.

hope you take out the idiot i saw on Wednesday that nearly caused a pile up by riding his bike down the road the wrong way....
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]

These puncture resitant tyres people use nowaday might be the Road Runner answer, to the stupid Coyote's little games

Mate don't worry. That ACME stuff never works anyway! I don't know why he keeps getting his gear from them
  • Sponsored links:

• Gawd, and considering I got knocked off yesterday by a fuck wit in an MVP, I don't moan half as much as I could about car drivers
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Gawd, and considering I got knocked off yesterday

Jesus! Im gonna start riding a bike.....You don't a free hand party on the train!!