Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Irish Addicks??

hey guys, just wondering if any of you know of a CAFC supporters club in Ireland? I cant seem to find one online. Even a way of joining an English fan club would be appreciated, all the ones I have found are London based and it seems like you have to be within their post code or something. cheers!
Any other Irish fans here?

Comments

• Yip live in sligo myself!!!!
  • Yep, from Kerry myself.
  • I know a couple of lads who live in and around Swords, plus small pockets of support in Drumkerran, North Leitrim and Letterkenny & Lettermacaward in Donegal.
  • edited February 2011
    Are you all Irish or are you English people in Ireland? It would be interesting to know how Charlton are percieved in Ireland.
  • if there aint a supporters group already then maybe you could look at setting one up winters-dawn
  • I'm Irish, I don't know any charlton fans in the flesh. Anytime I tell someone I support charlton they usually just laugh as they think I'm joking or say i'm better off supporting them than Utd. Everyone over here either supports Utd or Liverpool.
  • Used to spend a lot of time working in Dublin ... and the taxi drivers always knew about Charlton ... primarily due to Dean Kiely and Matt Holland
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks Siblers, good for you mate! Keep the Charlton flag flying in the Emerald Isle!
  • I have an Irish passport, but live in London.
  • I'm Irish, from Cork, and dont know of anyone thats supports them here. Same thing happens to me Siblers, they laugh and tell me to support Man Utd or Liverpool etc, I always just tell them its more exciting being a Charlton fan with all of the ups and downs, surprisingly most get this curious look on their face and agree.
    I'd love to get a proper Irish fan club going, just wouldn't have the time with college.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought there was a supporters club in Cork ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]I'd love to get a proper Irish fan club going, just wouldn't have the time with college.[/quote]

So you are a Soap dodger as well as a tax dodger
  • Would be great to have a supporters club but we're all so far spread apart it probably wouldn't work. Would make going over to games a lot easier too if there was like a group travel thingy
  • I'm English - living in County Kerry though.

Not many fans of any club other than Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Celtic round here.

Will be watching the game in my local tonight, and expecting the patronising comments mentioned above. But I find after the comments that in the main Charlton is well respected and our demise is seen as baffling.
  • You could set up an on-line supporters group a bit like they have down under where the distances are greater. Ask Tel from here how he does it.

An email list or a facebook page could work and wouldn't require a great deal of time
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]What?

Banter hey, don't you just love it : - (
  • Ianment where in Kerry are you from? I'm in Milltown
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Ianment where in Kerry are you from? I'm in Milltown

From London but living in Killorglin since 2008. So we're almost neighbours!

Was going to watch the game in Bunkers but in the end decided to watch on line.
  • From Woolwich but been living in ireland last 8 years....the locals are all glory hunters supporting the Man Us and arsenals and liverpools all english teams but wud do anything to see england lose!!! Wud love a supporters club wud be a laugh goin over to a couple of games we cud meet Anywhere no1s that far away!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]I'd love to get a proper Irish fan club going, just wouldn't have the time with college.[/quote]

So you are a Soap dodger as well as a tax dodger[/quote]

Whats that about?? how am i those things?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ireland is in love with cricket today. It's all over every media. I am wearing my England cricket cap to work to show something - I'm not sure what.

Pip pip old beans.
  • Winters take no notice its a lame joke on his behalf. He is saying that your a student , so that means you can not possibly wash = soap dodger.
  • How mature ha ha.
    I think this is only the second time anyone over here has cared about cricket, still, good times.
  • Irish Addicks page on facebook now if anyone is interested in joining
  • edited July 2011
  • i have a lot of family in bray and the shankhill area they are all liverpool fans but they also follow charlton probably due to my grandfather supporting  charlton, they told me when millwall played utd  in the cup final 1 of the houses in their road had a millwall banner unfurled out side think they had something to do with charlie hearn who was at millwall at the time ,1 of my cousins took exception to it apparently and told em to take the shite down.
  • edited July 2011

the locals are all glory hunters supporting the Man Us and arsenals and liverpools

You should try Malaysia, they are amazed when you say you hate Manchester United
  • edited July 2011

No wonder people in Ireland "support" Man Utd.

Aren't Man Utd one of the only 4 English teams in the whole wide world? At least Sky seem to think so.

• No wonder people in Ireland "support" Man Utd.

Aren't Man Utd one of the only 4 English teams in the whole wide world? At least Sky seem to think so.
    quite annoying
  • Winters-Dawn what's the link for the Irish Addicks facebook page?