Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Ince leaves Notts County

Paul Ince given the boot at Notts County after just 5 months in charge. So Powelly carries the torch now for black managers as the only one in the football league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12951734.stm

Comments

• Ince, 43, only took over in October but the Magpies have lost five games in a row

.......... leaves County having won 10 of his 29 games in charge.

...The departure means none of County's last five managers have lasted six months.

Stability and patience or not working so get rid ASAP?
  • Whenever i hear the name "Paul Ince" it just reminds me of:

i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

Remember that lads?
  • Hire and fire is the modern way in football unfortunately. It's even happened to us this season. I'm staggered at the amount of managers that have left in the FL this season. It's crazy really. Where Paul Ince goes now is anyone's guess. From Blackburn boss to being fired from Notts County in 3 years....
  • His name was championed by quite a few on here over the last few years, but i've never been keen. Think he'll struggle to get back in the game now.
  • what about women managers... half the world is made up of women and not one women manager in all the 92 league clubs, outrageous! where does this 'discrimination' stop, and can discrimination be degrading to the discriminated? i think so. sometimes you just gotta say it is what it is and stop forcing the issue, and that goes for all sorts of situations in life.
  • 33% win record is pretty good for a team that should see avoiding relegation as a success. Yes they're on bad form, but this does seem a rather silly decision.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]33% win record is pretty good for a team that should see avoiding relegation as a success. Yes they're on bad form, but this does seem a rather silly decision.
    I'm sure they were talking about aiming for another promotion at the start of the season. So I don't think they see it as a success at all.
  • Does he fancy being a coach?

Could be a coach for us
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]33% win record is pretty good for a team that should see avoiding relegation as a success. Yes they're on bad form, but this does seem a rather silly decision.
    I'm sure they were talking about aiming for another promotion at the start of the season. So I don't think they see it as a success at all.

Clearly a case of ideas above their station. They were never going to get promoted with a team no better than the one they won promotion with, and having lost their manager to Pompey.
  • Does this mean Powell is the only black manager in English football currently?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think this now means around 50% of Football League managers have changed this season (though this does include repeat changes as it is the number of dismissals divided by the number of clubs)
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Does this mean Powell is the only black manager in English football currently?

Yes, in the top 4 divisions, I could not speak for the Conference.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]33% win record is pretty good for a team that should see avoiding relegation as a success. Yes they're on bad form, but this does seem a rather silly decision.

Clearly a case of ideas above their station. They were never going to get promoted with a team no better than the one they won promotion with, and having lost their manager to Pompey.

They finished ahead of Bournemouth and Rochdale last season, and both of those are competing to get into the playoffs.

Under current form, they look likely to get relegated, with the Daggers also staying up.

Perhaps they had ideas above their station, but not as ridiculous as I thought they were at the start of the season.

As for Ince, I'm not surprised. Been playing rubbish football by all accounts, and their fans were not at all impressed by him throwing a cup of tea at an opponent.

[cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]...The departure means none of County's last five managers have lastedsix months.

Deceptive statistic. Ince and Short both sacked, sure. Backke walked and Cotterill left for Portsmouth. McParland, the fifth, had been there for a couple of seasons before he was sacked. I also wouldn't draw too much weight from the statistic, as they had three managers in the League 2 winning season.
  • A quick read of Wikipedia says that Michael Johnson was their caretaker manager after McParland was sacked. Maybe he's included in the figure, even though caretaker managers don't count.
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]what about women managers... half the world is made up of women and not one women manager in all the 92 league clubs, outrageous! where does this 'discrimination' stop, and can discrimination be degrading to the discriminated? i think so. sometimes you just gotta say it is what it is and stop forcing the issue, and that goes for all sorts of situations in life.

So based on the fact that Paul Ince has left Notts County you are saying you like everything in the world to stay the same for ever?!
  • Hard to critsise him for them not playing good football. When we played there it resembled a ploughed field.
    Fuuny I heard him say on the radio that perhaps the Blackburn job had come a bit too early for him. Strange how it changes when 3 years ago most people would have thought he was on raod to success.
  • Let's take the whole BLACK thing out of this.

Paul Ince = Tony Adams

Two high profile succesful footballers. Captains of England. Both had shifts at lower clubs and Prem clubs.

Basically both failed in management, big time.

You've either got it or you haven't. The game is full of top class players who have not cut it in management.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Does he fancy being a coach driver?

Could be a coach driver for us

Good idea.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Let's take the whole BLACK thing out of this.

Paul Ince = Tony Adams

Two high profile succesful footballers. Captains of England. Both had shifts at lower clubs and Prem clubs.

You've either got it or you haven't. The game is full of top class players who have not cut it in management.

Within this thread there are two mentions of black manager, one asks if chris powell is the only black manager in the league and the other was answering, so where is the black thing in this thread? As far as I can read this thread is about Paul Ince his managerial career and not his ethnicity
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Let's take the whole BLACK thing out of this.

Paul Ince = Tony Adams

Within this thread there are two mentions of black manager, one asks if chris powell is the only black manager in the league and the other was answering, so where is the black thing in this thread? As far as I can read this thread is about Paul Ince his managerial career and not his ethnicity

You've just quoted where yourself. No need to mention it at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2011
    Parky in the running for the job, I reckon he could well there.

Steve Evans 2/1 Add to betslip
    Carl Heggs 11/2 Add to betslip
    Phil Parkinson 10/1 Add to betslip
    Kevin Blackwell 10/1 Add to betslip
    Nicky Law 10/1 Add to betslip
    Chris Wilder 10/1 Add to betslip
    Peter Taylor 10/1 Add to betslip
    Andy Scott 12/1 Add to betslip
    Paul Buckle 14/1 Add to betslip
    Iain Dowie 14/1 Add to betslip
    Danny Wilson 14/1 Add to betslip
    Uwe Rosler 14/1 Add to betslip
    Ian Baraclough 14/1 Add to betslip
    Glenn Roeder 16/1 Add to betslip
    Paul Tisdale 16/1 Add to betslip
    John Coleman 16/1 Add to betslip
    Ronnie Moore 20/1 Add to betslip
    Paul Cook
  • edited April 2011
    CR the mentions were asking a question without any implication, you seem to be implying that there was a race element to the thread there isn't and was no implication of one till you stepped in.
  • edited April 2011
    Paul%20Ince%20Is%20A%20Tactical%20Genius.gif
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]CR the mentions were asking a question without any implication, you seem to be implying that there was a race element to the thread there isn't and was no implication of one till you stepped in.

You're wrong, and you're the one who keeps bringing it up. No need to mention it.
  • Is he black?