Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spuds v Gooners

Half time 2-3.

Not a bad game.

Co-commentator- Ray "My Word" Wilkins

Prediction 4-4

Comments

• yeah but not technically as great as the spanish boreoff.com
  • had to turn the tv to mute. wilkins talks complete and utter shite. even tyler managed to piss me off saying the goalie winked into the camera when he clearly winked at djourou standing in the line of the camera. plums.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]even tyler managed to piss me off saying the goalie winked into the camera when he clearly winked at djourou standing in the line of the camera.

this in particular did my head in. trying to drum up a bit more precious drama/controversy when it was obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell that his wink and facial expression was aimed at djourou.
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Half time 2-3.

Not a bad game.

Co-commentator- Ray "My Word" Wilkins

Prediction 4-4

Ray " My word, indeed, i've got to say" Wilkins

irritates me more than any other commentator/co-commentator i can think of
  • brilliant game. Peter Drury has to be the worst commentator - a complete and utter prat.
  • Best game I have seen in a long time
  • Jeez, the NLD really doesnt do my heart any good these days.

Just back from WHL, feel totally drained. Fab game of football. Best I've seen in ages. Really thought we was gonna grab a winner in the last 15 mins but it wasnt to be. Was surprised vdV got the Sky MOTM as I thought Modric was absolutely outstanding yet again along with Assou-Ekotto. In the end, a draw was a fair result but doesnt do either of us any favours.
  • What was the score?

(Too lazy to look it up)
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Jeez, the NLD really doesnt do my heart any good these days.

Just back from WHL, feel totally drained. Fab game of football. Best I've seen in ages. Really thought we was gonna grab a winner in the last 15 mins but it wasnt to be. Was surprised vdV got the Sky MOTM as I thought Modric was absolutely outstanding yet again along with Assou-Ekotto. In the end, a draw was a fair result but doesnt do either of us any favours.

JohnBoy,have no problem you posting here, but am intrigued why after a game like that you would come here to post?

[cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What was the score?

(Too lazy to look it up)

3-3 spurs weere 1-3 down
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Jeez, the NLD really doesnt do my heart any good these days.

JohnBoy,have no problem you posting here, but am intrigued why after a game like that you would come here to post?

Fair question. Posted what I needed to on my usual Spurs boards on the iPad in the car coming home...and was just sitting here eating my bolognese pasta bake before bedtime when I checked on here :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Jeez, the NLD really doesnt do my heart any good these days.

Fair question. Posted what I needed to on my usual Spurs boards on the iPad in the car coming home...and was just sitting here eating my bolognese pasta bake before bedtime when I checked on here :-)

High roller!
  • caught the last twenty seconds and Wenger giving Redknapp a very brief handshake before walking off down the tunnel leaving Harry with a bemused look on his face. Sounds like a good game, Midsomer Murders wasn't bad though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

High roller!

Not quite. Piss poor planning on my part. Didnt even know I was going until lunchtime and today was my last day in the office for 12 days so couldnt really leave my stuff in the office, especially not the iPad. First time I've been to football carrying a rucksack. You would have thought I was Al Quaida the way security delved down it at the turnstiles. Was all prepared to train/tube it back but got offered a lift home...but it meant 3 of us rather large chaps sitting in the back of a Mazda 5 on the way back. Would have been more comfortable on the train lol. Not complaining though, cracking night and bloody good game.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]caught the last twenty seconds and Wenger giving Redknapp a very brief handshake before walking off down the tunnel leaving Harry with a bemused look on his face. Sounds like a good game, Midsomer Murders wasn't bad though.

Having watched Wenger's post-match interview in the car, I think thats the first time he's ever admitted that "Tottenham are a good team". Obviously had to get in the excuses like they were physically tired etc after Sunday's game against Liverpool but thats to be expected. Problem is, as good as Spurs were second half, it would be typical if they play out a 0-0 with West Brom at home on Saturday. Anyhow, bed calls :-)
  • Great game for the neutral to watch and a great advert for English football
    Bonus of my little bruvver having £4 at 66/1 and then giving me half his winnings!
  • For the neutral, it must have been an absolutely wonderful game of football to watch.

For the die-hard Spurs fan, it was heart attack time!
  • cracking game of football, and I love Ray Wilkins, the geezer was a wonderful footballer and has a wealth of knowledge of the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]cracking game of football, and I love Ray Wilkins, the geezer was a wonderful footballer and has a wealth of knowledge of the game.

I'm with you Steve, I actually don't mind Ray Wilkins, at least you know he know's what he's talking about..........now if anyone watched the Chelsea highlights after and heard LeTissier co-commentating !!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Re:Wenger

Bad loser (I realise they didn't lose) or is that the sort of passion you want to see from your manager on the sideline?
  • top top game and why the premiership is the most popular league in the world , as much as that hurts some!
  • Sponsored links:

• I was gutted. I got side-tracked and completely forgot about it until my mate text me with 20 mins left saying "what a cracker of a game". Watched the remainder and thought spurs were the better side during that period and should have probably nicked it at the end.
  • Flicked over at half time to watch Barcelona v madrid and it was as dull as. I agree the English premiership takes some beating and last night's game was one of the best i've seen. Wilkins talks a good game but seems to be a kiss of death as a manager although his sacking at chelsea seems to have given him some revitalised kudos.
  • Really enjoyed it, fortuntately skyplayer on pc was working well and a draw was probably the right result. Like the way Spurs set up and approached the game with 3 attacking players in midfield and 2 up top, personally I hope they get CL football as they are entertaining to watch and it would mean Citehh miss out again.

However, Gomes gets worse- arguably at fault for the Nasri goal, couple of other fumbles and sure he didn't know RVP was offside in the 2nd half when he threw it in. Can't see him being there next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: THFC6061[/cite]For the neutral, it must have been an absolutely wonderful game of football to watch.

For the die-hard Spurs fan, it was heart attack time!
    What about ABS? Anyone But Spurs