Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v India - 1st Test at Lords

India won the toss & England are batting. Play started at 11.30.

Comments

• edited July 2011

58-1       Cook LBW Zaheer 12    23.1 overs gone.   

The ball is swinging in the air, with a little movement off the pitch as well.

Strauss should have been run out, but they missed the stumps by a couple of foot.

Trott dropped on 9 at slip. Difficult chance.

• Oh how I love my Sky Go app on my iPad :-)
  • http://www.i2stream.info/channel1.html       -      live stream

• cook gone
  • edited July 2011

England 100-2   Strauss C  Sharma  B  Zaheer  22    caught hooking

Trott edge goes between keeper & 1st slip, lucky escape

• Very poor shot there from Strauss. Why not cut that, it was way outside off stump...
  • Very poor shot there from Strauss. Why not cut that, it was way outside off stump...

Agreed
  • 107-2

Big blow to India  - Zaheer who has bowled superbly 13.3 - 8- 18 -2 has gone off with a hamstring strain or possible tear, pulling up after a delivery   :-)

• 107-2

Big blow to India  - Zaheer who has bowled superbly 13.3 - 8- 18 -2 has gone off with a hamstring strain or possible tear, pulling up after a delivery   :-)

I know.  Very disappointing :)
  • He's a good bowler (Zaheer) but he never looks fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rain stopped play.
  • I was there.
  • He's a good bowler (Zaheer) but he never looks fit.

This was his first Test since January and he only bowled sparingly in the game vs Somerset, you can't really expect to play one first-class game in seven months and get away with it - especially at 32.

He looked very stiff in his first couple of overs - his first delivery was only 76Mph! - and I was not at all surprised he got injured.

I can't remember another fast bowler as good as he is - and he is very good - who is quite so unathletic.

• edited July 2011

I can't remember another fast bowler as good as he is - and he is very good - who is quite so unathletic.

Shoaib?
  • edited July 2011

Shoaib?

Christ, how did I not think of that? Shoaib is definitely the winner in that category although Beefy in the 1987-92 years of his career would certainly place well.

I met Shoaib once in a bar over here while Pakistan were on tour, he was much shorter than I imagined but had a massive chest and thick neck.

He was also most certainly not being an observant Muslim given the amount of booze he was putting away.

• edited July 2011
    Erm... The majority religion by far in India's Hindu, whereasPakistan's Muslim... So he's probably an Hindu...
  • edited July 2011
    Except that Shoaib is Pakistani.
  • edited July 2011
    Erm...Shoaib Akhtar is a Pakistani Muslim.
  • Great double hundred from kp...he is a class act, on his day, better than anyone in the world
  • Brilliant from KP today, top batsman when he's in form. The worrying thing is, recently, he seems to get one or two good score and then think he's done his job for the series.
  • Sponsored links:

• 474-8 Declared KP 202 no

India 14-0

• I don't understand what happened to the last 6  overs ?  Play could go on until 7.30pm and there was no rain or bad light.

someone pls explain ???

• I don't know but I thought 7.00 was the finish time.
  • I was there today (Allen Stand) but had to leave at 5.30....good day, but England didn't score quickly enough against some rather tame bowling.

Well done KP - very disciplined innings.
  • Looks like Tendulker has a good chance of getting his 100th international century & first in tests at Lords!
  • Maybe Not!
  • edited July 2011
    Two dropped in the slips in the same over. Got to be taking them, especially against the number one team in world cricket.

---
    End of day three: ENG 474-8d, IND 286 all out, ENG 5-0. England lead by 193 runs.
  • Great knock by matt prior he has to be the worlds best wicket keeper batsman in the world at the moment . Anyone seen the size of tremletts guns ?
  • 20,000 tickets on the door tomorrow, at £20 quid. Should be a cracking day, think I might go along.

• 20,000 tickets on the door tomorrow, at £20 quid. Should be a cracking day, think I might go along.

goood shoutt there !!