Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cutty sark benefit who should play?

Jools Holland, Roger Waters, local bands.. Athlete, lucky soul, and a few others, an affordable gig at the 02,bring it on sounds like a good idea, why not some classical/jazz concerts in greenwich park as well.

Comments

• Really and truly every London based band should want to get involved , especially that band from Greenwich that Rothko kept talking about. Would be good if they could make it like a festival, and then maybe even make it like a Greenwich Glastonbury, based in Greenwich park, bit too far-fetched though.
  • Living in greenwich as i do bexleyheath_red you're right we should make more use more of the park,plenty of local boroughs have local festivals but not Greenwich....
    a waste of space or am i wrong? in the park we could have picnics and classical music jazz and punch and judy and other activities, plus we have the musuem as well, shame we don't utilise it more.
  • Would be good publicity for anyone who wants to get involved.

I'm a big one for my history, but I can't help thinking that, "it's just a boat". It ain't even really that famous a boat, other than the fact that it's been dry docked at Greenwich for years. I mean, it didn't even end up doing that many tea runs in the end and instead was on the Australia run before it got flogged off to johnny foreigner after a while.

That said, if I had a spare £50mill I'd donate it like a shot. It's now part of our local heritatge so is worth saving - just about!
  • any chance this could be held at The Valley ?

it should be at one of three venues: The 02, Greenwich Park, or The Valley
  • Could call the gig "Rock the Boat"!

Drove pass their the other day and I could still smell the burnt wood. I would assume that Jools Holland and his music contact could easily throw something together.
  • Dire Straits, played a lot in the area in the early days, even mention the ship in a song on an early album..
  • Jools Holland
    Athlete
    Lucky Soul
    Squeeze
    Dire Straits
  • Less famous perhaps but Jack Penate and Maccabees are both from the area as well! Both new bands who should be pretty big in a year or so.
  • Paper lace?
  • aren't maccabees from brighton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Marty Wilde is from Greenwich...
  • kate bush lives in eltham as does the blonde one from bucks fizz who's name escapes me, but lets not get silly here ;-)
  • Cheryl Baker?
  • edited May 2007
    blue.
    oasis.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Jools Holland
    Athlete
    Lucky Soul
    Squeeze
    Dire Straits

3blokes and The Herberts ; )
  • Boy George used to live on Shooters Hill
  • Klaxons and The Alps both Greenwich bands
  • edited May 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Jools Holland
    Athlete
    Lucky Soul
    Squeeze
    Dire Straits[/quote]

3blokes and The Herberts ; )[/quote]

Yeah 3blokes and The Herberts but everybody would be wanting a copy of Proud to be an Addick CD which would detract from the purpose of the gig for raising money for the burnt out boat.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]kate bush lives in eltham as does the blonde one from bucks fizz who's name escapes me, but lets not get silly here ;-)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Suze, but I think they both moved out of the area a while ago.
  • edited June 2007
    Kate Bush lives in a massive country house in Reading. I dug her drive up about six years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2007
    I hope she never caught you - or else you'd have been locked up!
    ;o)
  • I was hoping for her to catch me!!

Didn't see her but a bloke walking his dog said she's still got a nice arse
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Didn't see her but a bloke walking his dog said she's still got a nice arse

What a classic bloke coversation. lol.
  • edited June 2007
    kate bush still has a massive house in court road, eltham (it has wuthering heights written on the iron gates).
    i think her mother lives there.
  • hmm, i reside in court road, might do myself a bit of stalking :D
  • [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]hmm, i reside in court road, might do myself a bit of stalking :D
    I used to live in Court Road - used to occasionally see her Sainsbury's. The house is one of the big ones kinda opposite the vehicle entrance to Eltham Palace.
  • She must like big houses.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]hmm, i reside in court road, might do myself a bit of stalking :D

Hello mate, ain't heard from you in a while. Still feeling burnt out?

I'll get my coat...
  • Albert Lee, was local I believe - I know his sone Wayne.
  • edited June 2007
    Cheryl Baker of Bucks Fizz was from Lewisham I think?