Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks Ray. They came top/cheapest of my moneysupermarket quotes, but didn't beat my existing insurer Esure (a few weeks ago).
    I didn't even look at the detail ie per mile etc.
    I pay £170 to have a relatively new bmw estate parked up and if I do the same amount of miles I did last year I expect to top that up by another 25 quid. My best fully comp quote elsewhere was £250. 
    Do you mind if I ask what miles you do
    ....ball park 

I’ve not done over 1500 miles a year for over 3 years which was when we used to kennel the dogs in Northampton. Last year taking them to The Valley 3 times took my mileage too around 1300 miles. To find an insurance company that charges only when I use it is a dream. 
  • Options
    New flat being near Gunnersbury Park. Bedroom windows open and listening to The Specials headline a day festival. Haven’t seen them live in a few years but they still sound superb. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Getting sent this earlier. 😀
    what's their favourite story?
  • Options
    The Real Inspector Hound? 

(Yes I know it's a play, but go with it...). 
  • Options
    A very specific thing that pleased me. Seeing the "We are undefeatable" charities advert and noticing a Charlton protest shirt in the background.  Well done that man, whoever you are!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Driving to Wales and finding out they've scrapped the toll. Time to do it at Dartford now.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Having had 3 months off work following my redundancy I’ve just landed a job as Design Studio Manager for The Royal British Legion based at Borough High Street.
    Its particularly pleasing because Military History is a huge interest to me!
    Even though I don’t start until next Monday they invited me to the Imperial War Museum yesterday to view some films from the Museums archives on a Steenbeck 35mm projector, then we all went for a drink!
    Well pleased!
    Congratulations on the new job!!
  • Options
    Trench might be done soon. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Trench might be done soon. 
    Zzzzz WW2&THG now up....
  • Options
    Orwell Mayhem is an anagram of Yellowhammer.  
  • Options
    While descending the Bakerloo escalator at Paddington this morning, seeing a small Charlton athletic sticker stuck to one of the digital advertising screens.
    Another further down has been partially removed, but well done that man!
    (I obviously do not condone mindless acts of petty vandalism. Except this one)
  • Options
    looks more like perching on a row of bar stools for their future, but hey ho, good for them
  • Options
    My eye was randomly caught by this chap on the net. 

It is of a character so often quoted on CL I'd begun to wonder what this Cnut actually looked like.  To give him full title it is 'Cnut The Great'.  Deeper reading gave me the knowledge that he once ruled England having landed at Greenwich, although there is no record of him taking in a game as he had an important fixture at Brentford to attend to.  

Although of Danish origin I was delighted to read that he adopted the cockney sense of humour when he named his son Harthacnut.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another year of sick & terminally ill children & their families enjoying a weekend away at Disneyland creating priceless memories :)
    I bet they bypassed South London somehow.  :smiley:
  • Options
    If you got a spare hour -

https://youtu.be/4408_DJOu3I
  • Options
    If you got a spare hour -

https://youtu.be/4408_DJOu3I
    One of my heroes!
    What a man he was!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Don't make em like that anymore...

Watch from about 31:20 for a couple of minutes @Greenie mate, proper stuff 
  • Options
    Don't make em like that anymore...

Watch from about 31:20 for a couple of minutes @Greenie mate, proper stuff 
    Yes mate seen it before , great to see Bob Stanford-Tuck and  Johnnie Johnson both who I was lucky enough to meet many many years ago and the German Ace Adolf Galland is there too, all wonderful brave men, I still have all their autographs!
    Thanks for posting!