Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Popping into a charity shop purely because I had my granddaughter rather than any dogs with me, coming out with Aretha Franklin greatest hits on vinyl for 50p.  yes I gave them a £1
  • Options
    Area 51 memes. Love them so much😂
  • Options
    Seeing someone is following my fashion tips in this months Exchange & Mart.  ;)
  • Options
    Not being in the same league as Lincoln City

Watching them on EFL highlights and hearing that siren when something happens is doing my head in!!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Seeing someone is following my fashion tips in this months Exchange & Mart.  ;)
    Leave my Spanner mate alone!
  • Options
    The Proms.

I think it's ok to throw off my pretentious heavy rock persona now and again and listen to something else.  This year my favourite has been the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.  You may find it listed under Nicola Benedetti on iplayer, but listen to the last 45 minutes where the orchestra come into their own.  The orchestra is made up of 164 teenagers, but jeez are they talented!  If you have a sound bar on your telly crank it up - it's a great sound.  The standing ovation went on forever, although I suspect it may have been their parents in the audience ... still nice though.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    There are no toilets, running water or cooking facilities on that boat. A small bucket in a corner of the boat for, as the label on the bucket says, "for poo only". Very eco friendly
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    There are no toilets, running water or cooking facilities on that boat. A small bucket in a corner of the boat for, as the label on the bucket says, "for poo only". Very eco friendly
    Which they do what with? Throw it in the sea?
  • Options
    Overhearing amusing conversations. I particularly liked this one, this afternoon:

[Scene - in a pub garden an old boy was telling a woman about a tattoo he'd had done to celebrate the birth of his grandson]

Him: Look at this, that's £800 worth of tattoo with his name on it.
    Her: What's his name, Curry?
    Him: No, it's Curtis. Perhaps they should have called him Madras!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Sit and watch toddler's chat. As a gamer I call it NPC (Non-Playable Character) chat. It's hilarious. 

Here's one from the weekend between Rosa and her cousin Luca. 
    Rosa - "Luca that's my toy"
    Luca - "No, Rosa it's mine"
    Rosa - "Luca won't share"
    Dazzler - "Why don't you play with another toy?" 
    Rosa - "Luca I like yellow"
    Luca - "I like pancakes"
    Rosa - "No my pancakes". 
    Luca - "I don't like pancakes, I like chocolate cakes"
    Rosa - "You're not coming my birthday" (In February)
    Luca - "Rosa best friend"
    Rosa - "No, Daddy's best friend"

Seriously... It might be a had to be there thing but i find toddler convos hilarious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Having some fun with a cold caller.
    caller... I’ve just called about your life insurance policy 
    me... no problem, can I have the policy number
    caller.... sorry
    me.... no need to apologise, I just need the policy number.
    caller.... it’s about your life insurance 
    me... yes I understand that, but I need the policy number before I can follow up your enquiry.
    Perhaps if you gave me your surname, the first line of your address and your postcode.
    ........*line goes dead*
    me..... how fecking rude. 😀
    oh, the joy of being a pensioner 😂😂😂
    Had one yesterday from someone purporting to be from BT. Started asking her awkward questions just to wind her up for attempting a scam call. Eventually she told me I was very rude and put the phone down. 

Win :-)
  • Options
    Watching Sunderland and Portsmouth (League 1) playing each other on TV.  I believe they both narrowly missed out on promotion last season. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    7lbs a week? You must be flat out exercising as well as not eating a thing.
    I'm going to guess last weigh in was in an evening after eating crap and the latest weigh in was first thing in the morning after a brad pitt, fasted and dehydrated, lost a bit of extra water weight too. 

Realistically he has probably lost half that.

Always weigh in at the same time of day every time. 
    Nope, same time every day thanks.

2 hours walk in the morning pushing the baby, 1 1/2 hour walk later in the day with the dog.

Not eating shit and consuming healthy food, ain't that hard if you've spent the last year being a depressed stagnant cunt eating crap. 

Not run a single step and am consistently 12 stone now, where as I was 13 5 six weeks ago. 

Obviously losing 7lb a week isn't sustainable, but I never said it was 

Luckily I've got the British Olympic team coaches at hand if I want any more fitness tips.. cheers guys ;) 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    stonemuse said:
    T_C_E said:
    Having some fun with a cold caller.
    caller... I’ve just called about your life insurance policy 
    me... no problem, can I have the policy number
    caller.... sorry
    me.... no need to apologise, I just need the policy number.
    caller.... it’s about your life insurance 
    me... yes I understand that, but I need the policy number before I can follow up your enquiry.
    Perhaps if you gave me your surname, the first line of your address and your postcode.
    ........*line goes dead*
    me..... how fecking rude. 😀
    oh, the joy of being a pensioner 😂😂😂
    Had one yesterday from someone purporting to be from BT. Started asking her awkward questions just to wind her up for attempting a scam call. Eventually she told me I was very rude and put the phone down. 

Win :-)
    I always ask them in a proper pervy voice “what are you wearing?”
    You mean just like every call :)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm going to guess last weigh in was in an evening after eating crap and the latest weigh in was first thing in the morning after a brad pitt, fasted and dehydrated, lost a bit of extra water weight too. 

2 hours walk in the morning pushing the baby, 1 1/2 hour walk later in the day with the dog.

Not eating shit and consuming healthy food, ain't that hard if you've spent the last year being a depressed stagnant cunt eating crap. 

Not run a single step and am consistently 12 stone now, where as I was 13 5 six weeks ago. 

Luckily I've got the British Olympic team coaches at hand if I want any more fitness tips.. cheers guys ;) 
    No sugar is making you aggy mate.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    shine166 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

No sugar is making you aggy mate.

Nothing aggy in my reply, just responding to posts saying that I'm wrong with what are facts. I was mearly pointing out how I lost said weight relatively quick. 

Drastically change your diet and amount of exercise and you lose weight, it's not that hard :). If I wanted to lose another stone it'd probably take me triple the amount of time. 
  • Options
    Must be spreading. I heard one a year or so ago at Mansion House. Mind the doors please, lets's get ready to Ruuummmmble!

Love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Changing my car insurance to a pay as you go type system. I pay a parking insurance up front while it sits on my drive and when I use it I pay per mile. This months premium £2.10p now the novelty has worn off I probably won’t use it as much. 😂 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Changing my car insurance to a pay as you go type system. I pay a parking insurance up front while it sits on my drive and when I use it I pay per mile. This months premium £2.10p now the novelty has worn off I probably won’t use it as much. 😂 
    I've never heard of that. Who is that with ?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I've never heard of that. Who is that with ?
    A company called By Miles

• Options
    Thanks Ray. They came top/cheapest of my moneysupermarket quotes, but didn't beat my existing insurer Esure (a few weeks ago).
    I didn't even look at the detail ie per mile etc.
  • Options
    Thanks Ray. They came top/cheapest of my moneysupermarket quotes, but didn't beat my existing insurer Esure (a few weeks ago).
    I pay £170 to have a relatively new bmw estate parked up and if I do the same amount of miles I did last year I expect to top that up by another 25 quid. My best fully comp quote elsewhere was £250. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I pay £170 to have a relatively new bmw estate parked up and if I do the same amount of miles I did last year I expect to top that up by another 25 quid. My best fully comp quote elsewhere was £250. 
    Do you mind if I ask what miles you do
    ....ball park