Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Proud to be an Addick tonight.

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Proud of the team...their keeper saved them from what would have been a thoroughly justified victory by us.
And just as proud of all those guys and gals out on that terrace....I was in the main stand(to your right)....but I honestly felt for you all....never (and I mean never) have I seen such attrocious weather for an entire match and it was blasting horizontaly straight into your faces for the entire 90 minutes, the rain was incesant, I kid you not....I salute each and every one of you.
The coaches on the way back must have been full of condensation....indeed, Dave and I overtook a couple of our coaches on the A303 and the windows were totally steamed up.
I realise this should really have been in the post match threads but I wanted to be sure you all read this because I feel so strongly about the afternoons events and what you and the team went through.....well done ya mad bunch a barstards!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Haha cheers soundas....being 21, i felt like a 90 year old at the end of the game.I couldnt walk properly where i had been standing so still.

So proud of the boys though, made it well worth while, our performance in second half was fantastic and what a goal by akpo to top it off!
  • Options
    My coat has like half a stone of water soaked inside it now
  • Options
    the clit bus driver had to stop every few miles to wipe the screen as he couldn't see through it

I honestly don't remember ever being in weather like that at a match
  • Options
    i was pleased with perfomance,thought basey had a stormer in second half,but bailey nicks mom for me
  • Options
    Thanks Sound........the weather at the end was so bad we couldn't see the opposite goal and the rain stung when it hit your face !! Mate of mine at half time went to get his glasses case out of his pocket & literally poured out a cup of water with it !!
  • Options
    Well I'm furious.

My star Sunday striker was on that terrace and has been throwing up all evening.

If he doesn't make ko tomorrow, I may ban away games in future !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]My coat has like half a stone of water soaked inside it now

Same saw your bit in the programme btw mate nicely done :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]My coat has like half a stone of water soaked inside it now

Same saw your bit in the programme btw mate nicely done :-)

Cheers, they took about the bit where I slagged off Pardew though :(
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Just got home and my clothes are still wet!! but probably the best away game i've ever been to. Well done to everyone....fans, team and Parky. And to the Rose and crown pub, brilliant place.
    Great day.
  • Options
    I would have been drier today had I sat in the bath fully clothed all afternoon! Worth it though. Great performance, they did us proud out there today and would have won comfortably but for their keeper. Every single player was brilliant today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am proud to have been there today. Did not enjoy the first half at all and was tempted to s
    abandon and go to car but once I could not get any wetter it was good in the second half.
    Thankfully staying locally so did not have far to go to get out of squelchy socks and shoes. Thought the boys were good in second hf in atrocious conditions,should have won
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think that yesterday was worse than Swindon away when Steve Jones scored. A great day out, got hold of a bin linner from the pub before the game and it delayed me getting soaked for a while. Was our "goal" from the free kick offside?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was very wet,a bit drunk,my mobile phone is trashed and this morning i mostly feel like total and utter s££t!!

And i would like to apologise again to the bloke i knocked over when we scored... SORRY!
  • Options
    It looked like the night at The Hawthornes when we stood in that kind of deluge for two hours - well done all who braved it - I salute you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]It looked like the night at The Hawthornes when we stood in that kind of deluge for two hours - well done all who braved it - I salute you!

I was at that one as well...this was worse!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]It looked like the night at The Hawthornes when we stood in that kind of deluge for two hours - well done all who braved it - I salute you!

Do you mean the FA Cup match at West Brom about 20 years ago, on a quagmire of a pitch - and Colin Walsh's penalty never crossed the goaline mud or whatever?

The weather at Yeovil yesterday was definitely worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]

Do you mean the FA Cup match at West Brom about 20 years ago, on a quagmire of a pitch - and Colin Walsh's penalty never crossed the goaline mud or whatever?

The weather at Yeovil yesterday was definitely worse.

No this was a midweek league game Oggy,My programme that night was just a papier mache lump in my pocket when i got home
  • Options
    Yes, that's the one 1965, the old away end had been demolished, and the only standing was the uncovered corner - the cup game took place when the away end was still there, so we were undercover (apart from the al fresco gents toilets).
  • Options
    I've been to Swindon and WBA away, but yesterday was without doubt the worst conditions I have ever stood/sat in at a football match.

That was the wettest I've ever been in my life, with clothes on.
  • Options
    Forget anything we've been through before including Swindon in 98, West Brom in 94 or Southampton in 90. This was the WORST ever! As soon as I got to the top of the terrace my hat blew away never to be seen again. I asked the steward if I could look for it but it was nowhere to be seen- probably it landed on the burger bar roof or went under one of the coaches. I got my brolly from the coach but that just blew through and all the spokes got bent backwards.

So I sheltered in the gents until kick off and then made my way back up to the top and stood for two hours with horizontal rain and hail blowing at 90mph in my face- worse is the fact I have to wear glasses and these were completely inundated with water and misted up. The other end was just a blur and a bloke near me stripped to the waist!

The strange thing is that once we'd scored the conditions didn't seem to matter so much. Probably a combination of getting used to it and the fact that the team were playing so well. How didn't we get that second goal?

The coach home was very uncomfortable and my jeans and shirt were still wet when I got home. To cap it all I got wet AGAIN today walking back yo my motor at Sainsburys!

Please PLEASE don't let it be like that at Brighton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're a soldier Tommy, well done!
  • Options
    Anyone know how that bloke with who always wears the shorts is? Saw him on the floor on the way in surrounded by stewards and paramedics, looked in a bad way?
  • Options
    I've been wondering about him too, Plaaayer.

Lol about the specs, Golfie. At one point I thought a contact lens had been washed out of my eye. Last time that happened was on a water ride in Florida !
  • Options
    brand new 8520 blackberry curve got trashed aswell, screen gone but just managed to drag and drop the media from the game onto my pc, you tube video to follow
  • Options
    I hardly noticed the rain. Mind you I had six pints of some local fermented apple juice prior to kick off. I take back all I have said previously about Guinness.

However, I shall be writing to Barbour about how their waxed waterproof jackets aren't actually waterproof after 30 minutes standing on that terrace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Anyone know how that bloke with who always wears the shorts is? Saw him on the floor on the way in surrounded by stewards and paramedics, looked in a bad way?

Think he is ok now according to friends that was with him.