Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's goal today

Comments

• Options
    I take it he'll be in trouble for running to the city fans and celebrating?

Thought not
  • Options
    Rooney's overhead goal v Di Canio's volley for West Ham? Two of the best goals I have seen in the EPL. Think Rooney's just edges it for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Rooney's overhead goal v Di Canio's volley for West Ham? Two of the best goals I have seen in the EPL. Think Rooney's just edges it for me.

Shaun Bartletts was better than Rooneys.
  • Options
    I do find it odd people don't want to rate Rooney at all. Clearly is the most talented player England have had in a good while, of course the media are going to go wild over him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]I do find it odd people don't want to rate Rooney at all. Clearly is the most talented player England have had in a good while, of course the media are going to go wild over him.

He is a very good player and very talented but he is equally very overrated. There are numerous players abroad and playing here that i would put in my team ahead of him. Most talented player England have had in a while is like saying the best American Football team in Cornwall to be honest.

Not world class by any stretch as he proved in the summer and the fact he plays for united hides a lot of the non games he has as he gets carried along.

Plus i dont like the way he moaned like a b1tch after the Algeria game to the cameras about the fans. Or the way he held his club to ransom over his contract....still sums up a lot of their fanbase now that they are back to kissing his nads like the sheep they are.

Still if the media tell me he is brilliant he must be.
  • Options
    Scored one last season from about the same place... keeper came out to punch it, bicycle kicked it about 30 ft in the air, hit the underside of the crossbar on the way down n went in B)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: strawdog[/cite]Fantastic goal - Just a shame he cant or wouldnt try it in an England shirt[/quote]

he can't. that ball was 2 only yards behind him, when he plays for England the balls he gets are nowhere near that close.
  • Options
    I liked the collective "WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" in the Lib when Rooney scored.
  • Options
    BWP's was better Rooney shinned it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I liked the collective "WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" in the Lib when Rooney scored.

Yes and the way the replay was watched in almost total silence was special too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The goal of the season was scored yesterday... Arsenal's second. Great football.
  • Options
    While we are on a Rooney and Man Utd love in as great as the goal was,it is still along way short of that other Man Utd,player who scored what for me was the best goal i have seen,i give you Mark Hughes Wales v Spain.As for Rooney best goal think it was against Turkey for England in Sunderland.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]While we are on a Rooney and Man Utd love in as great as the goal was,it is still along way short of that other Man Utd,player who scored what for me was the best goal i have seen,i give you Mark Hughes Wales v Spain.As for Rooney best goal think it was against Turkey for England in Sunderland.

...or his goal for Everton against Arsenal, or the volley against Newcastle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]The goal of the season was scored yesterday... Arsenal's second. Great football.

Aside from BWP's goal, that goal was like watching Arsenal with all those passes.
  • Options
    Great goal. Shame he played like Wayne Sleep for England in the summer when it mattered.

I look forward to the inevitable media y front wetting about the overrated, money grabbing, granny botherer.
    Spot on mate, lost all respect for the bloke but good goal, still not as good as you say as Shaun Bartlett's goal
  • Options
    just seen it. outrageous.

better than bartletts all day long. had everything that barletts had but with a bit more athleticism.
  • Options
    It's a great great goal but in my opinion it's not his best... the volley against Newcastle just pips it for me.

As for all-time overhead kicks... my pick is Rivaldo's for Barcelona v Valencia... a 90th minute overhead kick to seal his hat-trick, a 3-2 win, and with it the win that Barcelona needed to secure CL qualification on the last day of the season

footballing perfection
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It's a great great goal but in my opinion it's not his best... the volley against Newcastle just pips it for me.

As for all-time overhead kicks... my pick is Rivaldo's for Barcelona v Valencia... a 90th minute overhead kick to seal his hat-trick, a 3-2 win, and with it the win that Barcelona needed to secure CL qualification on the last day of the season

footballing perfection

They don't come any better than that from Rivaldo, unbelievable skill.

Just a shame he is such a despicable human being.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It's a great great goal but in my opinion it's not his best... the volley against Newcastle just pips it for me.

footballing perfection

They don't come any better than that from Rivaldo, unbelievable skill.

Just a shame he is such a despicable human being.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Just a shame he is such a despicable human being

you can say that again ;-)

though in all seriousness... doesn't the selfishness you need to get to the top and the money that you earn along the way mean that most of them end up tainted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a good goal from Rooney but not exactly goal of the season material IMO

Massive overreaction from the media and not even close to Sinclairs
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I saw JJ score two overheads for us against Exeter in the cup a few years back.

Bradley's the other night wasn't too shabby either.

However because a fat, non-national anthem singing ,alleged granny shagger, who plays for Manchester United, does something good the media as one get their knobs out!
  • Options
    and because its wayne rooney everyone else thinks its just okay

imagine if it was lionel messi, then the real spunkathon would begin

why cant people just appreciate a brilliant piece of skill for what it is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]and because its wayne rooney everyone else thinks its just okay

imagine if it was lionel messi, then the real spunkathon would begin

why cant people just appreciate a brilliant piece of skill for what it is

Because it was good but nowhere near as amazing as the media are making it out to be

NOTW were saying "That's why he's worth £220k a week" - really? So £220k a week gets you 1 overhead kick and precious little else every 8 months? Bargain....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I saw JJ score two overheads for us against Exeter in the cup a few years back.

Bradley's the other night wasn't too shabby either.

However because an alleged granny shagger,

No allegation Len.Fact.
  • Options
    I don't understand the reaction at all. Good goal but not a goal of the season and certainly not the best goal scored at Old Trafford. It's not even the best goal Rooney has scored there!
  • Options
    It wasn't even the best goal this weekend!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]While we are on a Rooney and Man Utd love in as great as the goal was,it is still along way short of that other Man Utd,player who scored what for me was the best goal i have seen,i give you Mark Hughes Wales v Spain.As for Rooney best goal think it was against Turkey for England in Sunderland.

Great goal - from a rebounded free kick if I remember.
    Back in those days they opnly had the one tv angle - if you could have seen that from multiple angles people would never forget that.

footballing perfection

Watched that on a tv screen in Barcelona Airport on way home from a boys weekend- place went mad.
  • Options
    Our 2nd goals was goal of the season. Fact.

If Messi had produced the touch Abbott did, it would be all over YouTube. Fact.