Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic & Rangers

Not that I care, but just saw on Saturday, Celtic lost at St Johnstone 2-1 and are 5th.

Rangers due 0-0 at Annan Ath and are 4th, having won 2 & drawn 3.

Made me chuckle.

Please no sectarian comments. Football only.

Comments

• Options
    Missing each other terribly, I presume...
  • Options
    They'll both be top by October, and will win their leagues by about 30 points with a goal difference of +50
  • Options
    Can see Celtic going down meself....
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

LOL

I can hear the torpedo tubes being loaded

• Options
    Wow that was interesting NOT

ZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    I think Celtic are more interetsed in the Champions League this season (even though they will go out after the group stages). Rangers will win their league, a lot of teams will 'park the bus' though.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

BIG_ROB said:

LOL

I can hear the torpedo tubes being loaded

Bullet proof mate ; )
  • Options

I think Celtic are more interetsed in the Champions League this season (even though they will go out after the group stages). Rangers will win their league, a lot of teams will 'park the bus' though.

I am looking forward to seeing Celtics group table at the end, played 6, lost 6.

Priceless!
  • Options

I am looking forward to seeing Celtics group table at the end, played 6, lost 6.

Priceless!
    Absolutely
  • Options
    As Celtic return from a trip to the Camp Nou Rangers will be preparing for a game away to Clyde. Just thought I'd mention that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

As Celtic return from a trip to the Camp Nou Rangers will be preparing for a game away to Clyde. Just thought I'd mention that.

Yep, Celtic having been hammered 9-0 and Ranger having trounced Clyde 0-9. Can't wait.....
  • Options
    Here we go.
  • Options

Not that I care,

So why bother posting then unless you want a reaction?? Seems that way

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

colthe3rd said:

Yep, Celtic having been hammered 9-0 and Ranger having trounced Clyde 0-9. Can't wait.....
    Rangers have definitely shown so far they are capable of that
  • Options
    Hearts are the best team in Scotland.
  • Options
    4pm
  • Options
    I hope neither win their respective titles this year but I somehow doubt that it will pan out that way .My one misgiving about Rangers being relegated is that the Celts have a clear run for three Scottish titles .

As it happens I am in Glasgow for work next week and will be watching Celtic play my Scottish team Raith Rovers in the Community Cup .
  • Options
    Scottish football needs Rangers back up top asap, otherwise the whole league will collapse to the same level of the League of Ireland.

Ideal situation for Scotland will be by the time Rangers come back, Celtic lose some of their dominance and 2-3 other clubs bridge the gap to Celtic. That way in a couple of years time the league effectively starts again with 4-5 clubs on a near even par, not just 2.

Not sure it will happen though
  • Options

Scottish football needs Rangers back up top asap, otherwise the whole league will collapse to the same level of the League of Ireland.

Ideal situation for Scotland will be by the time Rangers come back, Celtic lose some of their dominance and 2-3 other clubs bridge the gap to Celtic. That way in a couple of years time the league effectively starts again with 4-5 clubs on a near even par, not just 2.

Refreshing possibility I admit but the support base of the two Glasgow giants means that they will always have more clout than any of the other wannabes like Hearts and Hibs for example.

• Options
    As some of you know, I follow Rangers closely, and have plenty of friends up there, rumour has it with my friends and on forums, that the SPL are now back tracking and are planning a restructure with an SPL1 & SPL2, with the likelyhood of asking Rangers to go into SPL2, to make it look like they have been punished, and to be seen to be doing something.
    Their hope being that Rangers quickly gain promotion, however, they have not factored in Charles Greens (yes, I get the irony) stubborness, and the feeling of the majority of Gers fans that they want to get back to the top division on merit, and not through some back door deal with the SPL to save their financial, and other clubs skins. The feeling is, they made their bed, lay in it, they are not saying that thet should not have been punished, but its been far too extreme, and a lot of Rangers hating SPL clubs who voted against the entry of the Newco, are going to regret their vote IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In what way will they regret their vote. Genuine question.
  • Options

When they go into administration due to reduced income.

• Options

Your mob turned pro yet Dave?
  • Options

Highly unlikely to ever happen due to the big 2's finiancial power. A measure of this is that two Hearts players (including their player of the year) both joined Rangers at the end of August.
  • Options
    I am genuinely worried for the long term health of Scottish Football. It seems to me that Rangers being where they were, whilst morally justified has placed an even greater strain on the financial viability of the SPL which was already in some difficulty.

The ideal thing to happen would be a more level playing field as AFKA has said with four or five teams challenging and with resources more evenly spread. That just doesn't seem likely to happen.

My fear is that Rangers temporary demise will lead to others going down as well. It cannot be good for Celtic either.

An SPL 1 & 2 might offer the chance for a quicker route back for Rangers but it may be too late. I really think the only way forward for Celtic and Rangers is to enter teams into the English Conference or even below that and work their way up to the the EPL. Alternatively they need to get themselves into some kind of euro league of teams who currently dominate their national leagues.

There really is no easy way for the SPL. The remaining teams just don't command the support or the finances to step up to challenge Celtic or Rangers and that ain't ever going to change. If there was a SPL excluding Celtic and Rangers, at least there would be a much more level playing field. The money for TV rights would be much less but commensurate with the commercial worth that the remainder truly command. I say this as somebody who has always followed Motherwell as his Scottish team.
  • Options

They bit the hand that feeds, knee jerk reaction to have some sort of power & veto over a club that the majority of them would never have a hope in hells chance of competing with on a level playing field.
    I would say the same if it happened to ***tic, the SPL need both of them at the top table to survive.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    If the sweats do get independence, does that mean we do not have to bother with that tartan shite football ever again? Hate it when the Beeb show the Haggis football results before the English 2nd division in this country. Grrr!

Oh dear... just noticed the "No sectarian" proviso at the top of the thread. Apologies from the UAAMOSF (Unglsh Against Any Mention Of Scootish Futball) massive.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

They bit the hand that feeds, knee jerk reaction to have some sort of power & veto over a club that the majority of them would never have a hope in hells chance of competing with on a level playing field.
    I would say the same if it happened to ***tic, the SPL need both of them at the top table to survive.

That is absolutely right but there was clearly a moral imperative which over topped the financial dam that protected them all. It may be the case that Turkeys have for once voted for Christmas but I can fully appreciate why they did.
  • Options

DA9 said:

That is absolutely right but there was clearly a moral imperative which over topped the financial dam that protected them all. It may be the case that Turkeys have for once voted for Christmas but I can fully appreciate why they did.
    They did it to stick the boot in.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Your mob turned pro yet Dave?