Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic & Rangers

2»

Comments

• Options

DA9 said:

In what way will they regret their vote. Genuine question.

They bit the hand that feeds, knee jerk reaction to have some sort of power & veto over a club that the majority of them would never have a hope in hells chance of competing with on a level playing field.
    I would say the same if it happened to ***tic, the SPL need both of them at the top table to survive.

That is absolutely right but there was clearly a moral imperative which over topped the financial dam that protected them all. It may be the case that Turkeys have for once voted for Christmas but I can fully appreciate why they did.
    As stated above, no Rangers fan has said the club should have escaped any punishment, but the levels of punishment, fines, transfer bans etc, as well as expulsion out of the SPL, and the threat of stripping of titles, comes across as vindictive, and there are strong suspicions of hidden agendas, as certain high ranking people in the SPL and within the lawyers for the SPL (Harper Mcleod, sic) have very strong connections with directors and others at a certain other Glasgow club from the east end. People will scream conspiracy theory, but I have read a hell of a lot of journo comments and blogs from people who have sat in certain meetings and reported that the behaviour of certain individuals would be akin to frothing at the mouth and a very unprofessional attitude.

• Options
    se9addick said:

DA9 said:

They bit the hand that feeds, knee jerk reaction to have some sort of power & veto over a club that the majority of them would never have a hope in hells chance of competing with on a level playing field.
    I would say the same if it happened to ***tic, the SPL need both of them at the top table to survive.

That is absolutely right but there was clearly a moral imperative which over topped the financial dam that protected them all. It may be the case that Turkeys have for once voted for Christmas but I can fully appreciate why they did.
    They did it to stick the boot in.
    Of course but can you imagine what stance English fans might take if it was Man Utd who had gone bust? Do you think any fans would want anything less than the minimum punishment of being relegated to the bottom division (if that was the way it worked in England)?

We'd all be vindictive bastards and why not?

• Options
    Armageddon, two or three SPL clubs will face administration before the season starts if Newco don't get to start life in the SPL, as befits a side with a big support, regardless of any other factors. How did that pan out.

Big Glesca derby this week.
  • Options

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Of course but can you imagine what stance English fans might take if it was Man Utd who had gone bust? Do you think any fans would want anything less than the minimum punishment of being relegated to the bottom division (if that was the way it worked in England)?

I agree but the SPL is somewhat different as there are only 2 clubs in it, with the rest just making up the numbers. If Man Utd were relegated to League Two, there would still be Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc to compete against each other. With Rangers gone, Celtic have nobody to play with.

• Options

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

If it happened in England I highly doubt clubs would be asked to vote on another clubs future. Say what you like about the English FA, but the SFA/SPL's handling of the situation was the height of unprofessionalism.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

If it happened in England I highly doubt clubs would be asked to vote on another clubs future. Say what you like about the English FA, but the SFA/SPL's handling of the situation was the height of unprofessionalism.
    I really don't know to be honest with you what would happen here. I suspect that provided football creditors are protected, it probably wouldn't happen. I was just suggesting what would be the likely reaction of clubs/fans of clubs here were something similar too occur.

As for the point about Rizzo makes, I think this is a different issue to the one I raised. I am talking about the vindictive/fan led indignation which DA9 has alluded to in the SPL being replicated here in England. I think I understand where this is coming from but of course its repercussions in Scotland are significant.
  • Options
    The SPL might well need the Old Firm but the Old Firm need the other teams too. It won't be in either Celtic or Rangers interest for clubs inthe SPL to go bust. They have to have fixtures against somebody given that the chance of joining the English set up are at best slim and any North Atlantic League would be untenable.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

As stated above, no Rangers fan has said the club should have escaped any punishment, but the levels of punishment, fines, transfer bans etc, as well as expulsion out of the SPL, and the threat of stripping of titles, comes across as vindictive, and there are strong suspicions of hidden agendas, as certain high ranking people in the SPL and within the lawyers for the SPL (Harper Mcleod, sic) have very strong connections with directors and others at a certain other Glasgow club from the east end. People will scream conspiracy theory, but I have read a hell of a lot of journo comments and blogs from people who have sat in certain meetings and reported that the behaviour of certain individuals would be akin to frothing at the mouth and a very unprofessional attitude.

Starting in the 4th division isn't a punishment. Rangers ceased to exist and liquidated. As with other clubs they started again on the bottom rung, Livi most recently. I think it's good that some bears want to clean the slate and get back to their rightful position through the right route instead of getting voted up the leagues because they bring some crumbs of TV money
  • Options

Not that I care,

So why bother posting then unless you want a reaction?? Seems that way

Because I was surprised Celtic were 5th & Rangers 4th having not looked at the table for a couple of weeks.
    I also thought people may wish to make football related comments, which so far they have done. Nice to read.