Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    playing better than ever .. like Defoe, still doing the biz in his mid thirties .. BUT .. has anyone measured his 'work rate' ((:>)
  • Options
    "Totally inadequate player, surplus to requirements and easily replaceable by countless players from the network..." said Roland to his Therapist.
  • Options
    He'd have done well at Stoke under Tony Pulis and could probably still do a job at West Brom with him.
  • Options
    I won't try to change history and I was very disappointed (probably an understatement) when he left but I could see the logic in not giving him a significant pay rise and a longer contract as he had suffered some injuries towards the end of his time with us and as players get older they sometimes do spend more time in the treatment room.

I will never forget KM coming down to Ashford and sniggering and laughing out loud at how he might come back to haunt her if Bournemouth win the title at The Valley - which they subsequently did.

I, obviously, wish he'd stayed, and thought that at the time and especially at, and on the way home from, Bramall Lane, but I don't think anyone believed that he was going to win the Title the following season.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Reading after Nahki Wells pushing Yann down pecking order. Given his career since leaving, surely the regime must realise they cocked up. The alternative to Josh? Doubt there would be a fee. But better in 4-4-2 with a nippy partner like KAG. Might bring back a few STHs including me.
  • Options
    Reading fan mate of mine told me a few weeks back that the rumours doing the rounds on their social media etc. Was that he would be made available for loan if he recovered from injury before the season starts. Apparently he was expected to be out for some time and so they were planning for the season without him meaning he is now down the pecking order. We all know if he gets a chance he will do well but if he's available for loan it'll be criminal not to get him.
  • Options
    The best "1 up front" we could hope for. Hugely unlikely I'd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    No way under this mob Yannn would come back, and I don't blame him to be honest, the way he was booted out the door, and treated with contempt, got to go down as one of the many ballsups of this regime, they certainly set the tone, bit like expecting to go home to a nice steak, and finding out the Mrs bought a Macky D's instead.
  • Options

Reading after Nahki Wells pushing Yann down pecking order. Given his career since leaving, surely the regime must realise they cocked up. The alternative to Josh? Doubt there would be a fee. But better in 4-4-2 with a nippy partner like KAG. Might bring back a few STHs including me.

I think the bigger question is, would Yann want to come back. If I were him I would stick two French fingers up and tell Katie to fuck off .
    Given he is in his last season, I'd guess he might put past differences aside to play where he made his name and is aware he is a legend.
  • Options

I think the bigger question is, would Yann want to come back. If I were him I would stick two French fingers up and tell Katie to fuck off .
    Given he is in his last season, I'd guess he might put past differences aside to play where he made his name and is aware he is a legend.
    I admire your hope however my gob would truly be smacked if it happened.
  • Options
    Yann's recovering from injury at the moment, it will be several weeks before he's back to full fitness, and he will have missed pre season.

• Options
    Non story. Not only would he not want to return, there is no way KM would sanction a move for him - it would show that they were wrong to sell him in the first place & would lose face..........just wouldn't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Non story. Not only would he not want to return, there is no way KM would sanction a move for him - it would show that they were wrong to sell him in the first place & would lose face..........just wouldn't happen.

On the flip side, if she swallowed her pride and he came back (although it's never going to happen) a lot of fans would also probably come back too

• Options
    We will sign him on loan for 3 months , the 3 months he is out injured , we will then return him after paying his wages for 3 months having made zero appearances for us .
    It's what we do .
  • Options

Yann's recovering from injury at the moment, it will be several weeks before he's back to full fitness, and he will have missed pre season.

Thats EXACTLY the sort of player we would get in!
  • Options

Hate when this thread rears it's head again. I end up in a rabbit hole of YouTube videos from circa 2011-13 and I just can't enjoy the memories for what they were without getting a bit angry. It makes me so bitter to think about what those idiots took from us. It wasn't just Yann, it was that whole team and that whole set up that Chris Powell and others had built.

Yann, Stephens, Morrison, Wilson and more... yes you might argue that Powell would've taken us down that season yada yada (I don't believe that for a second) but hypothetically, we would've been in an incredibly strong position to bounce straight back up with a manager that just won that league with a record points total.

Much unlike the shocking shower of mid table rubbish we've "built" under crackpot Roly, useless Katie and tyrannical Tony.

Chris Powell gave us our Charlton back. This mob took it away before we knew how lucky we are.

Yann (and Morrison) were terrible decisions, but many of the problems were because the spivs ran out of money, and let contracts run out. We sold Dale, but he would probably have left on a free at the end of the season if he hadn't, which is what Ben Hamer did
  • Options

Hate when this thread rears it's head again. I end up in a rabbit hole of YouTube videos from circa 2011-13 and I just can't enjoy the memories for what they were without getting a bit angry. It makes me so bitter to think about what those idiots took from us. It wasn't just Yann, it was that whole team and that whole set up that Chris Powell and others had built.

Yann, Stephens, Morrison, Wilson and more... yes you might argue that Powell would've taken us down that season yada yada (I don't believe that for a second) but hypothetically, we would've been in an incredibly strong position to bounce straight back up with a manager that just won that league with a record points total.

Much unlike the shocking shower of mid table rubbish we've "built" under crackpot Roly, useless Katie and tyrannical Tony.

Chris Powell gave us our Charlton back. This mob took it away before we knew how lucky we are.

Yann (and Morrison) were terrible decisions, but many of the problems were because the spivs ran out of money, and let contracts run out. We sold Dale, but he would probably have left on a free at the end of the season if he hadn't, which is what Ben Hamer did
    Yeah, listening to the excellent series of podcasts "Getting to know the network" I actually felt vaguely sorry for the spivs. When Cash pulled the plug they were left with a club that they couldn't possibly afford to run. £1m a month going in was way out of their financial league. I don't think there was any desire to run things into the ground, they simply didn't have the money to do anything else!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Yeah, listening to the excellent series of podcasts "Getting to know the network" I actually felt vaguely sorry for the spivs. When Cash pulled the plug they were left with a club that they couldn't possibly afford to run. £1m a month going in was way out of their financial league. I don't think there was any desire to run things into the ground, they simply didn't have the money to do anything else!
    Rumours were jiminez was funnelling money that cash had made available for the club to his other business ventures before being transferred to the club. Cash found out and justifiably pulled the plug.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I have some sympathy with this view - spivs seems an accurate term for them, but it all went tits up because Cash pulled out. And he pulled out at a point where we were nicely poised to build. If anybody wants to call Jiminez a crook, a chancer or a spiv, they won't get any argument from me, but he did know enough about football to ensure that side of things was run properly. Even if everything else was a disaster.
  • Options
    don't think you could call Slater a crook, he was a Solicitor after all ;-))
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Rumours were jiminez was funnelling money that cash had made available for the club to his other business ventures before being transferred to the club. Cash found out and justifiably pulled the plug.
    I bet he's regretting not just getting rid of Jiminez and keeping the club. There's a pretty decent chance we'd have been in the premiership now if he had, and he'd be raking in money hand over fist.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

I bet he's regretting not just getting rid of Jiminez and keeping the club. There's a pretty decent chance we'd have been in the premiership now if he had, and he'd be raking in money hand over fist.
    Problem was jiminez was the legal owner of the club, in the U.K. At least, we'll never know who owned the BVI holding company.

Tbh if some one was nicking potentially hundreds of thousands from me I'd just leave them out to dry and fuck them over without a pot to piss in. Cash probably felt quite conned