Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    Yann love <3
  • Options

He's been shit tonight and I couldn't care less cos he doesn't play for us.

...against Liverpool…hardly the level he's playing at every week in The Championship. Bournemouth were shit, not just Yann.
    When they were under the kosh in the first half he kept giving it away under no pressure, when it should have stuck. Id expect better from a centre forward regardless of the opposition.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He is by far the best player we have had in a Charlton shirt in years, and was sold in a way that was always going to leave a bitter taste.

What do you expect? Charlton fans to just 'move on'? Sorry, but being a Football fan doesn't always work like that. Its not logical, but thats how it is - especially when it comes to such a fan favorite.

And by fan favorite, I mean legend. Don't care what any 'in the know' football forum user says.

I've only just got over David Mooney. Time is a healer.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He is by far the best player we have had in a Charlton shirt in years, and was sold in a way that was always going to leave a bitter taste.

What do you expect? Charlton fans to just 'move on'? Sorry, but being a Football fan doesn't always work like that. Its not logical, but thats how it is - especially when it comes to such a fan favorite.

And by fan favorite, I mean legend. Don't care what any 'in the know' football forum user says.

Why didn't you buy the shirt 3 threads below ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

cafctom said:

Why didn't you buy the shirt 3 threads below ?
    Sri Lanka v England? Not sure where you're going with this.
  • Options
    Time this thread was closed, turn it in
  • Options

The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....
    Two of those have retired.
    Well! That put me in my place.

As a matter of interest, who was our top scorer in the League 1 winning side?

Who was top scorer when we came 9th in the Championship?

But, hey, let's not let anything like facts get in the way of a good dose of man love...
    I thought this was BWP?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Firm favourite of mine, always was, always will be since he signed my match day ticket on the train after the Brentford 1-0 (BWP) away game win in L1. Very close to legend status IMO, mind you after over half a centuary of following Charlton my opinion counts for Jack sh*t.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The continued Kermorgant worship is weird, and anyone who indulges in it should not be trusted.

This.

We have had strikers like Bent, de Canio, and Barlett, all with international experience, but we still can't get away from YK....

But, hey, let's not let anything like facts get in the way of a good dose of man love...
    I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    And how many of those were assists by Yann? Not trying to be clever, just asking the question.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    And how many of those were assists by Yann? Not trying to be clever, just asking the question.
    Probably not as many as by Pritchard or Stephens.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    Probably most, along with Paul Hayes. God we were a force.

There's no denying he's a good player. We could do with someone like him this season, but from what I heard I just don't like the way he went about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    Probably not as many as by Pritchard or Stephens.
    Ok fair enough and how many goals against did he prevent with his heading prowess defending set plays?
  • Options
    Less than the CBs
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    I've lost all semblance of who likes Yann and who doesn't like Yann
    He could have my babies any day if I was still young enough :-0
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Less than the CBs

Totally disagree, by the way did you go to more than 5 games that season?........back to ignore mode.
  • Options
    In yesterday's game against Liverpool. KMG missed an absolute sitter on 27 mins after Liverpool had just gone 2 up. The missing of that chance effectively ended the tie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

In yesterday's game against Liverpool. KMG missed an absolute sitter on 27 mins after Liverpool had just gone 2 up. The missing of that chance effectively ended the tie.

He trained Jordan cousins
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He is by far the best player we have had in a Charlton shirt in years

Just my opinion, but I think this sentiment reflects his popularity, his courage, fight and commitment as much as his ability and contribution. Diego Poyet, for example, is a much better footballer. Moreover, and again this is just my opinion, had we retained Kermorgant and not played Poyet (a hypothetical choice I know) then I reckon we'd have been relegated, i.e. Poyet made a much more significant contribution to our survival than Kermorgant would have done had he stayed.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    That's, to a certain extent, my point. I didn't dislike Yann. In fact, quite the reverse, I DID like Yann.

However, I liked Killer. Loved Kins and Super Clive. Sang "the roof is on fire!" With the best of them. Sang "Deano" until my throat was Rae. But they all left. (Or dare I say it, moved on
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    This is my point. I really liked Yann. I also liked Bent, Kins and Super Clive. I sang "the roof is on fire" with the best of them. Shouted "Deano, Deano" until my throat was raw.

What I don't understand is this throat slitting, pant wetting attitude about a player who wasn't worthy of tying the above player's boots...
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    It's quite a simple formula

Basically, all the people who liked Chris Powell, liked Yann

All the people who don't like the people who liked Chris Powell, now don't like Yann.

The Simon Church threads are a lot easier to follow.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Irrespective of the reason Yann left, t was sad. However, it's even sadder that this thread exists. As for a CAFC Legend, please don't cheapen the Legend status
  • Options
    Aint no legend by Long shot, was a great player for us a cult figure and hero, but his chance of legend went with his decision not to play and not let the contract trigger the clause
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

This.

I thought this was BWP?
    That's his point
    It's quite a simple formula

Basically, all the people who liked Chris Powell, liked Yann

All the people who don't like the people who liked Chris Powell, now don't like Yann.

I am afraid that is bollocks.

Hardly anyone doesn't like Powell but he fell out with the owner, took us to the bottom of the table and got sacked. He left, we got a new temporary manager who did the business and then a new manager who seems to be doing OK for now.

To constantly salivate at Powell's every fart is sad. He seems to be getting on with his life, others should try it.

Yann made decisions to ensure his contract would not automatically extend, rejected subsequent offers and so got sold. Shame as we could do with him but that's football and he left by his own choice. Bournemouth isn't too far away if people want to go and see him play regularly and they have plenty of away games closer to home if you're that bothered.

Is the priority an ex manager who got the elbow and a stroppy ex striker who went elsewhere or the current crop at Charlton and the current manager ?
  • Options
    Yann joined in January in our in League One title winning side btw. Not all about goals either is it.
  • Options

Yann joined in January in our in League One title winning side btw. Not all about goals either is it.

He joined in August / September time... Scored his first goals against MK Dons (27.09) and Sheffield United (01.10)