Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Barcelona of the Championship? Charlton's new away strip is a mirror image of Barca’s old kit.

I like it, certainly better than the home strip.
The Barcelona of the Championship? Charlton's new away strip is a mirror image of Barca’s old ‘tequila sunrise’ kit
Addicks new strip looks just like Barcelona's from 2012/13 season
Charlton will be hoping they can match Spanish side's performances
Orange and yellow blend will be on show at away grounds next season

Many teams have tried to replicate the playing style of the dominant tiki-taka Barcelona side, but Charlton Athletic are taking it one step further by imitating the Catalan giants' 'tequila sunrise' kit.
The Addicks unveiled their new away strip on Friday and it would have looked awfully familiar for fans of La Liga.
That's because the new kit looks just like the orange and yellow blend that Barca sported back in the 2012/13 season.
New clothes: Charlton will wear this new 'tequila sunrise' design on their travels next season
New clothes: Charlton will wear this new 'tequila sunrise' design on their travels next season
Are you Barca in disguise? Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi and Xavi might not be heading for The Valley
Are you Barca in disguise? Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi and Xavi might not be heading for The Valley
And Charlton fans will be hoping it brings them the same luck that the Catalans enjoyed. Lionel Messi and co lost just twice in all competitions while wearing the eye-catching uniform.
New manager Bob Peeters is hoping to improve fortunes at The Valley this season after a disappointing campaign last time round.
And if they can play anything like Barcelona - even the misfiring version of last year - Addicks fans will have an exciting season in store.
Unmissable: Joe Gomez and co will stand out on the pitch in the Championship next season
Eye catching: Jordan Cousins keeps his eye on the ball but fans might be distracted by the kit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2680536/The-Barcelona-Championship-Charlton-new-away-strip-mirror-image-Barcas-old-tequila-sunrise-kit.html#ixzz36jbqtZtL

Comments

• Options
    Call me old-fashioned, but... Who dreams up these ghastly colours? Sickly orange shading in to a retching yellow, with the red badge on an orange background - looks like an overdose of toxic sweeteners. Duchatelet out!
  • Options
    Strange for DM to report that it's a "mirror image" of the Barca kit - it isn't. Our kit has orange shorts and socks whereas Barcas are yellow. Barca has the blue trim and ours doesn't.

Weird non-story for DM to bother with - will they do that for every club whose kit is similar to anothers? Or are they are just trying to take the piss out of us for some reason?
  • Options

Strange for DM to report that it's a "mirror image" of the Barca kit - it isn't. Our kit has orange shorts and socks whereas Barcas are yellow. Barca has the blue trim and ours doesn't.

Weird non-story for DM to bother with - will they do that for every club whose kit is similar to anothers? Or are they are just trying to take the piss out of us for some reason?

It's the Daily Mail. All that has to be said.
  • Options
    And there lies my biggest problem with it - it's someone else's kit that we've been given as some kind of hand-me-down.
  • Options
    One of the product ranges that we sell is ArmorAll, great packaging in Orange and Yellow. Please yourselves everybody, I love it. Also looking at the picture of Joe Gomez, this must be the easist kit to see your team-mates for a pass.
  • Options
    It's also not the same shirt as our's has a plane orange back and Barcelona's was orange and yellow in the back.
  • Options
    Plus, it's our third kit, not away kit, and we're not the first team to wear this teamwear kit anyway
  • Options
    plus the kids will love this one (mine have already spotted it and want it) so I reckon it'll sell a few.
  • Options
    It's horrible.

I like the away kit though and we'll wear that a lot more often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, at least we won't be wearing it at Blackpool.

• Options

Call me old-fashioned, but... Who dreams up these ghastly colours? Sickly orange shading in to a retching yellow, with the red badge on an orange background - looks like an overdose of toxic sweeteners. Duchatelet out!

Nike
  • Options
    If it is "sunrise" then surely we'd have yellow shorts as well like Barca? Looks ridiculous with orange shorts. I don't mind the actual black/grey away kit though.
  • Options

And Charlton fans will be hoping it brings them the same luck that the Catalans enjoyed. Lionel Messi and co lost just twice in all competitions while wearing the eye-catching uniform.

We'll only play in it twice but still manage to lose more times than Barcelona did.
  • Options

If it is "sunrise" then surely we'd have yellow shorts as well like Barca? Looks ridiculous with orange shorts. I don't mind the actual black/grey away kit though.

Because the back is all orange we have orange shorts!
  • Options
    It's horrible.
  • Options
    I like it my kids want it so it must be a good un
  • Options
    Not a fan but it will brighten up Wigan
  • Options
    Would people prefer it if it was just all orange