Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014

Oggy Red said:

Just thought I'd look in on this thread this morning - and see how the Fox bashing is getting on

Wayne Rooney playing for England at 17. Why doesn't the Senior England team comprise only 17 year olds, then ? Ah ..... silly me, of course they already do. For the England U-18 team.

"A professional footballer letting the ball hit his leg, is like a fireman going out with a bucket of water and a super soaker". I get it, Fox is a rubbish Fireman .....WTF?

Keep 'em coming, lads.

they should be playing for the full england team, since wayne rooney could do it, why isn't morgan fox in the full england team?
    Because he's Welsh? Or the worst full back who ever lived? It's definitely one of those two going by this thread
  • Options

agim said:

I'm not 'anti fox' by the way

where do you stand on the badger issue? ;-)

More a beaver man myself
  • Options
    Zak Ansah is about Fox's age and can't even get off the bench for the U-21 side and yet loads were raving when we signed him in the summer. Must make him exceptionally shit.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Mistakes & ropey play:

No leeway, every little thing jumped on: Wilson, Fox, Tucudean (Pritchard, Green, Francis)
    Lots of leeway, bad mistakes ignored: Solly, Bikey, Vetokele (Morrison, Hughes, Semedo)

no accounting for taste or some minor 'hatreds' .. perhaps more leeway is given to mistakes from players who are perceived as hard working and generally considered to be 100%ers, though Wilson, last years man bent over the barrel, has always given his very best whenever I have seen him... In Wilson's case perhaps his hairstyle gives some people the hump
  • Options

boggzy said:

Mistakes & ropey play:

No leeway, every little thing jumped on: Wilson, Fox, Tucudean (Pritchard, Green, Francis)
    Lots of leeway, bad mistakes ignored: Solly, Bikey, Vetokele (Morrison, Hughes, Semedo)

no accounting for taste or some minor 'hatreds' .. perhaps more leeway is given to mistakes from players who are perceived as hard working and generally considered to be 100%ers, though Wilson, last years man bent over the barrel, has always given his very best whenever I have seen him... In Wilson's case perhaps his hairstyle gives some people the hump
    You could be onto something there Lincs, maybe Fox should dispense with the Alice band. :-0
  • Options

agim said:

I'm not 'anti fox' by the way

where do you stand on the badger issue? ;-)

Brilliant.
  • Options

boggzy said:

Mistakes & ropey play:

Pritchard was bloody hard working, and you can tell Tucudean is trying to give 100% when he gets the chance.

Maybe you're on to something about Wilson... was going to suggest it's down to who has chants, but then Wilson's recent-ish 'used to be shite' one blows that theory out of the window!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

14 full appearances for Charlton and age 21.
    I hope some on here weren't judged as harshly at age 21, after being in their 1st job for 3 weeks.

After years of training and conditioning.

Anyone can undertake years of training yet at the end of the day it wont prepare you for the real world like first hand experience.

At least with a Footballer your taught how to play the game whereas in the real world your taught how to pass the exam not the common sense
    So if you are stranded in a burning building, and the Fireman can't aim his hose correctly, you will let him off as, despite his training, he is not fully prepared and he has only attended 20 odd fires previously
    In any line of business (or sport) there is a minimum level of competence but beyond that some people are better than others.

Exactly my point, and if you do not meet that level of competence - you should not do that job
    Yep, he miskicked the ball after a balls up by a much more experienced defender put him under pressure. Clearly, he is incompetent. So is Igor, he didn't score despite many crosses. Oh and Bikey is clearly not up to it, his passes sometimes miss. Buyens got himself injured, what a tool. And Pope let a goal in, what a buffoon. We clearly have a team of substandard incompetent oafs. Clearly.
  • Options
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

LenGlover said:

14 full appearances for Charlton and age 21.
    I hope some on here weren't judged as harshly at age 21, after being in their 1st job for 3 weeks.

After years of training and conditioning.

Anyone can undertake years of training yet at the end of the day it wont prepare you for the real world like first hand experience.

At least with a Footballer your taught how to play the game whereas in the real world your taught how to pass the exam not the common sense
    So if you are stranded in a burning building, and the Fireman can't aim his hose correctly, you will let him off as, despite his training, he is not fully prepared and he has only attended 20 odd fires previously
    In any line of business (or sport) there is a minimum level of competence but beyond that some people are better than others.

Exactly my point, and if you do not meet that level of competence - you should not do that job
    Yep, he miskicked the ball after a balls up by a much more experienced defender put him under pressure. Clearly, he is incompetent. So is Igor, he didn't score despite many crosses. Oh and Bikey is clearly not up to it, his passes sometimes miss. Buyens got himself injured, what a tool. And Pope let a goal in, what a buffoon. We clearly have a team of substandard incompetent oafs. Clearly.
    But it is not just this one incident I am referring to. If you read back, I appreciate that players have a bad game from time to time - they are only human.

It is when you offer nothing else to atone for such mistakes.

Igor had a bad game, but has had more good then bad - earning us lots of points in the process. Fox is regularly poor.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Bit disappointed that nobody has slagged Morgan off today - what's wrong with everyone?

He wasn't that special! Did ok as a stop gap left back and got away with completely missing a cross which came through to him unexpectedly late on and luckily we dodged a bullet. Never seems to stick a foot in, preferring to jockey all the time unlike Solly who is always looking to rob his winger.

Got roasted by Ince particularly on one occasion. Made a few important interceptions and clearances that mattered but his distribution did not show signs of improvement. Still a lot to learn and still our weakest link at the back which I am surprised Pearce didn't exploit by letting Antonio have more of a run at him.
  • Options
    Didn't have a good game, but didn't have an awfully bad one.. I think as football fans you are always looking at the (or what you think is the) weakest link at the time, keep improving them and your team/squad gets stronger.

If he's still to improve which perhaps he is (he isn't exactly super young in football terms though in modern days imo) then why not let him improve elsewhere, and we can get a proven at this level replacement.. But perhaps there's other reasons to it..
  • Options
    This is I know going to sound like a critisism of Morgan which it is not meant to be. I know Morgan has not got a lot of first team games under his belt so I accept he is still learning his trade under the microscope of first team football but my question is why is that ? He's not as young as some would have you believe. He's 21. Certainly not a complete fresh out of the youth team player. It's not even as if he hasn't had opportunities last season or the season before. Wiggins provides plenty of chances to his understudies with his unfortunate injury list.

I don't think he's a bad player but I do think he's not going to make it a Championship club.

Under RD I don't think we are going to see quality back up at every position and where we have to make do we will. I see Morgan filling the gap until Wiggins is fit and until Holmes-Dennis breaks through. Then he will be moved on.

Until then he gets my support and good luck to the lad. Prove me wrong Morgan. I've eaten humble pie before.
  • Options
    had a solly-esque first half and a grant basey second half. He got done for pace a couple of times in the second half but he did what all full backs should - stop any crosses going in during the first half. He looked a bit fired up going forward as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched the game on a stream and overall he had a reasonable game as Tom Ince is no mug. He made a few mistakes but I think he is improving.
    Incidentally Wilson was like a fish out of water on the left when he replaced JJ .
  • Options
    It was Fox's fault that TBH, remembering the Fox clearance against Ipswich, decided to welly it. If TBH had the wit to do a Foxesque clearance yesterday, it wouldn't have fallen to their bloke to smash it in.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It was Fox's fault that TBH, remembering the Fox clearance against Ipswich, decided to welly it. If TBH had the wit to do a Foxesque clearance yesterday, it wouldn't have fallen to their bloke to smash it in.

I agree it must have been Fox s fault.

• Options

had a solly-esque first half and a grant basey second half.

LOL Love that analogy KA and everybody will know exactly what you mean
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Absurd.
  • Options
    I though Fox had a really decent game yesterday. He isn't the finished article yet, far from it, but I think some people here need to asses their expectations.
  • Options
    A few posters gone a bit quiet. Waiting for Church to return I expect.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Speaking of church when is he back from injury... I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench to come on late in a game and chase down the opposition put a bit of pressure on them when they're on the ball!
  • Options
    Everyone just needs to get behind him for Fox sake.

(Gets coat and scarpers)
  • Options
    masicat said:

Thank God.... agenda merchants, still its a home game this weekend so I'm sure they'll be back