Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Claus Jensen

Comments

• Options

I can't believe this thread, living in the past all of you! Why go on about a former player when we have what's his name ba playing for us!!!!

Johnson
    Kevin Foley
  • Options
    My favourite player since I started going. Effortless ability to pass the ball forwards and go past a player
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

My favourite player since I started going. Effortless ability to pass the ball forwards and go past a player

He just made playing football look so easy. It did help that he had Parker in his prime playing beside him though.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

He just made playing football look so easy. It did help that he had Parker in his prime playing beside him though.
    true. They were a brilliant partnership - I doubt we will ever see better
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Oakster said:

the bloke behind me & his wife used to absolutely slate him every game, all game because he didn't tackle

:-(

North Upper? I had a few run ins with some fat bespectacled twat. I called Claus a legend as I defended him once, that sent fat man right off on one. I said at the time "you won't know what we've got until it's gone" and it's probably the most prophetic thing I ever said. Must've been drinking.
  • Options
    Worst birthday ever when he left.

Best Claus times. Man city away. Maine road. Nicky weaver. Police on the coach warning us of the locals. Those were the days. All because of him.
  • Options
    Have to say, to my eternal shame, I rather underated Claus when he was here. I knew he was a good player, but I let the lack of tackling get in the way of my appreciation of his skills.

He was a silky fellow though. Not particularly quick, or a bag of tricks but he would just glide past players with the ball. Could pick a pass too and scored the odd worldy. Parker was more attention grabbing because of the amount of grass he covered, but they were the perfect foils for each other.

Doubt I'll ever see a pairing like it in midfield for us again.
  • Options

Have to say, to my eternal shame, I rather underated Claus when he was here. I knew he was a good player, but I let the lack of tackling get in the way of my appreciation of his skills.

He was a silky fellow though. Not particularly quick, or a bag of tricks but he would just glide past players with the ball. Could pick a pass too and scored the odd worldy. Parker was more attention grabbing because of the amount of grass he covered, but they were the perfect foils for each other.

Doubt I'll ever see a pairing like it in midfield for us again.

If we had some sort of sad emoticon reaction button, it would get plenty of action here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a player. I remember being up at old Trafford when he returned a poor clearance from the Utd keeper first time into the back of the net. Yeah we lost that day, but seeing your team score at old Trafford ain't too shabby!
  • Options

People say he couldn't tackle but he scored from 40+ yards at Man City with one!

Haha if you look at closely he only scored it because he straightened his leg in bottling out the challenge. Absolutely loved him to pieces as you can probably tell by my user name! He just oozed Class. The goal in a 3 - 1 defeat to United was always one to remember too. Was lucky enough to be at both Highbury, Maine road as well as the Valley for the Blackburn winner. Free kick against West Ham in a 4-2 win (I think) was another great memory.
  • Options
    remember going away to bolton in the cup the year before we signed him - we lost and he absolutely ran the show for them - i think they got relegated and we somehow managed to sign him - a brilliant player
  • Options
    Loved a bone crunching challenge
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

remember going away to bolton in the cup the year before we signed him - we lost and he absolutely ran the show for them - i think they got relegated and we somehow managed to sign him - a brilliant player

Think they stayed down by just missing out on playoffs or losing in play offs.
  • Options
    I think Black Sabbath is probably the only game I look back at and almost want to cry when I see what this club has become
  • Options
    Incredible touch and skill.

Charlton's very own Zinedine Zidane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a player. I remember being up at old Trafford when he returned a poor clearance from the Utd keeper first time into the back of the net. Yeah we lost that day, but seeing your team score at old Trafford ain't too shabby!

12,30 kick-off - I got stuck in traffic on the way thee & heard the goal on the radio. By the time we got into the ground we were losing..........
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Think they stayed down by just missing out on playoffs or losing in play offs.
    Think that's right. Gudjohnsen was there too. Goodness knows how they failed to get promoted from Div 1 with those two in their team. We're nearly signed both but Chelsea nicked Gudjohnsen at the last minute.
  • Options
    I have watched Charlton for many years, but I think the season of Claus, Di Canio and Parker was the best Charlton team I ever saw, until Chelsea spoilt it all by taking Parker, I think that was the start of our decline, to the sorry state the club finds it's self in now.
    Claus one of the truly great Charlton players
  • Options
    Agreed - we had been on an upward curve since the return to the valley until then - that was the peak - beating Chelsea 4-2 at home, then finances took over and we have now been returned to pretty much where we were when I first started going - Mainly lower div 2 but bouncing between div 3 occasionally
  • Options
    Haven't checked, but I thought Di Canio came after Parker & Jenson had left.
  • Options
    One of my all time fav Cafc players. Absolute class act.
  • Options

A ridiculous goal, seems insane now that Charlton had a player capable of that.

Wonderful player.
  • Options
    I think I done my beans when that goal went in, footballing heaven right there
  • Options

I could watch that all day!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

A ridiculous goal, seems insane now that Charlton had a player capable of that.

Wonderful player.
    Of recent years, We did.

He went Bournemouth .