Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    0-2
  • Options
    not one of not one of our better performances thus far.  0-2 at the break.  Very much an end of season feel to this 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I rarely see the U21s so wont rush to judgement.....but that first half was awful. Totally outplayed. Only Bakrin and Santos have looked anything like competing with the Hull players and several of our other players look like children playing against young men. Perhaps they are.

Edit: Heard on the commentary - that's exactly what they are. Some first year scholars just getting into the U18s playing for the U21s today. It shows.
  • Options
    0-3 shambles.

• Options
    0-4 we are being thrashed out of sight, and are playing like 8year olds, without their nous.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    0-4 we are being thrashed out of sight, and are playing like 8year olds, without their nous.
    Harsh.  It’s a very young side for u21s whereas Hull look a lot bigger and older. 

All part of the learning curve.  Even Senda isn’t as vocal as usual.  Very flat really 
  • Options
    Awful display by a young team against experienced opponents, not helped by two key elements, Hull at walking pace in defence, while CAFC seem to think that you now HAVE to play out from the back with tap passes, even when the target is  tight-marked. 0-4 now with a couple more defence shambles, but not typical of U21 football. Also, U21 live stream is usually free, presume the £4 fee is a sign of things to come?
  • Options
    0-5, generally rather a miserable experience.
  • Options
    Finished with a 0-5 defeat.
  • Options
    That was awful - why such a young team ?  1st time I have left an U/21 game early
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can only imagine that a combination of a) having so many of our best U21s in the first team, and b) several of our strongest U18s being kept fresh for Friday's game means that we were forced to play a much weakened and young team against a clearly superior and stronger Hull side. Because I can see absolutely zero developmental value in such a one sided encounter. We were simply terrible. We looked feeble, exhausted, devoid of confidence, beaten, demoralised. How does that help youngsters? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I had that, they are wrong, but as it was last minute I have quickly paid the blimmin £4.
    Emailed the website & have my £4 refunded, Seth.

TBH, pretty glad we didn't drive all the way to SE7 to watch that demoralising performance. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I had that, they are wrong, but as it was last minute I have quickly paid the blimmin £4.
    try emailing them after to claim it back I have a few times.
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    seth plum said:
    try emailing them after to claim it back I have a few times.
    See my post above.
  • Options
    A poor showing by a mash up of a team. I would add that I suspect some of those out there know that they are going to be released at end of the season.
    Glad I stayed after to applaud the u18 squad when they recieved their medals ab tge plate for winning the u18 development league south. The third year on the trot.
  • Options
    Strange game.  When they were walking it out from the back we were standing off.  If anyone attempted to close down they were told to stay back by Danny Senda - it was really odd.
    looked like men against boys but I agree - I suspect some had already been told they were surplus to requirements so unmotivated.  

Probably wasn’t worth the 60 mile round trip in the end but such is life 
  • Options
    I realise that this isn't the correct thread for the U 18s but does anyone have thoughts on how our team on Friday might look ? 

When we played in the final last season, Miles was playing so are any of our recent entrants into the 1st team squad still eligible ? 
  • Options
    I realise that this isn't the correct thread for the U 18s but does anyone have thoughts on how our team on Friday might look ? 

When we played in the final last season, Miles was playing so are any of our recent entrants into the 1st team squad still eligible ? 
    Several of the under 18s who have played for the first team including Mitchell and Kanu were presented with their medals after the game yesterday.
  • Options
    Dylan Gavin has been released.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Mitchell and Kanu got trophoies yesterday so I'd assume they are still eligible.  Rylah should play too and hopefully Josh Laqueratabua who looks excellent every time I see him and is still very young I think for this age group
  • Options
    No surprise regarding Dylan Gavin. Good luck to him in the future, I expect others will quickly emerge as leaving.
  • Options
    Shame... Dylan did so well @ Billericay last season, fully expected him to kick on
  • Options
    I’m gutted for Dylan 😞
  • Options
    Nathan Harvey leaving too.
  • Options
    Shame for Harvey and for Gavin, some do make it back though so good luck to them both on their onward journeys.  A sad time of year for some of the young ones who have served this club so well in their age groups.
  • Options
    Also leaving is Mack Reilly. 
  • Options
    Billy French has announced he is leaving as well
  • Options
    Shame... Dylan did so well @ Billericay last season, fully expected him to kick on
    He was shit at Welling. Sorry if that is a bit abrupt for some
  • Options
    On both occasions