Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    16’ GOALLL! Henry Rylah fires our U21s ahead!  Thierry Small races down the left-hand side and puts the ball across goal for Rylah to score   0-1  | #cafc

Are you watching, Tayo Edun?!
  • Options
    Another awe inspring performance by lads...pity we couldn't watch it live.
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time i saw a youth report and Casey didn't score. Anyone know how many he's got this season now?

A goal and 2 assists for Fiorini as well, give us some hope he might not be that bad after all.
  • Options
    FT: Ipswich 1-8 Charlton

Well thats all our goals dried up for today as a team, thanks lads!! - Could have saved some for the Senior Squad!!

Also what happened after the 8th on 66mins? - Did they stop trying or something
    Took off ten of the side so as to save them for tonight!
  • Options
    Result, got Fiorini and Casey in my dream team. And I captained Fiorini.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    16’ GOALLL! Henry Rylah fires our U21s ahead!  Thierry Small races down the left-hand side and puts the ball across goal for Rylah to score   0-1  | #cafc

Are you watching, Tayo Edun?!
    Probably from behind his sofa, The crossless wonder ! 
  • Options
    Great to see Euan Williams back and contributing. Hopefully he will stay fit and we will get to see whether he is capable of making the step up at some point. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I actually think it's a good thing that Small and Fiorini, and also Ward to a lesser extent, are playing in the U21s.

Fiorini is clearly not fit and not match sharp and I'd guess it's similar with Small.

Both are U21s in any case so not as if they are playing below their age group.

Both should benefit from more game time and be more likely to be ready if wanted/needed in the first team.

What it says about our recruitment of Fiorini in particular and what Man City must think are different questions.

Been a few comments suggesting we had to take Fiorini as a replacement for Tedic but is there any hard evidence for this?
    Fiorini was basically one long trial, there is ability there, but the injury has had a big impact, hopefully todays performance of couple assists and goal should build the confidence in himself and the injuries he has had 

So that is a reasonable signing as he clearly was rated by Blackpool in the Championship and Apples said he would be available for a transfer in the summer if he impressed as he will never play for Man City.... But...

Rodwell when on that fans Q+A was asked about why loanees given Scott had specifically said we didn't want them.  Rodwells comment was that clearly with where the team was the plan needed to be sped up and we needed players in quickly.  What was the point of those quick in players couldn't contribute for weeks anyway.  

The SMT's messages seem to spin to suit the time constantly.
  • Options
    Do these youngsters not read the script?   We are all about doom and gloom here!
  • Options
    Great result for our 21s, plus the 3 got some match practise and some confidence!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff ! Thanks for the heads up, Seth.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    I see that Charlton now appear in URLs in what Jim Davidson used to say was the full name of the club, "Charlton nil". 
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up against Cardiff City U21s at the Cardiff International Sports Stadium this afternoon: Adegoke; Asiimwe, Toure, Gough (c), Dench; Hand, Williams, Santos; Ladapo, Casey, Huke Subs: Batt, Hunter, Safa, Enslin, Mbick
  • Options
    I though Taylor would be in.... Another injury setback? 
  • Options
    No Smart, for obvious reasons.

No Fiorini, Taylor or Hector who I thought might get a run out for fitness.

Would guess the opposite IE he is match fit and ready for the first team.
  • Options
    Mbick on the bench for the U21s. Seemed very premature when he appeared on the bench for the 1st team before Christmas.
  • Options

Hector out for a while longer I thought 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What will Casey the scorer from the shadows be like today?
  • Options
    Anyone seeing any action yet ?
  • Options

Hector out for a while longer I thought 
    NJ said he was back in training
  • Options
    still waiting Cardiff
  • Options
    Anyone seeing any action yet ?
    Nothing...screen motionless...
  • Options
    Nothing so far.
  • Options
    129 waiting it seems
  • Options