Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• JT said:

JT said:

My lil bro lines up against us today. J.Ter Horst.

My old dear and older bro at Sparrows

What happened to him @ York?

He went on loan there for the rest of the season in January yet is now back @ Hull - Did it just not work out?
    Put it this way, he could no longer, due to certain circumstances, drive the trek to training.

How is his development going?

I saw one article the other day that he joined Lincoln on trial at the end of last year... I guess with Hull being at the level they're at its going to be difficult for him to break through there so does it look as though he'll have to drop back to the Non-League?
  • seems a dull game. no tweets for 20 mins
  • seems a dull game. no tweets for 20 mins

And I was just about to say this is a proper Charlton thread, about a proper Charlton team with a proper Charlton manager ......

• JT said:

JT said:

He went on loan there for the rest of the season in January yet is now back @ Hull - Did it just not work out?
    Put it this way, he could no longer, due to certain circumstances, drive the trek to training.

I saw one article the other day that he joined Lincoln on trial at the end of last year... I guess with Hull being at the level they're at its going to be difficult for him to break through there so does it look as though he'll have to drop back to the Non-League?

Yeah he'll be with a new club in the summer. Probably league 1/2 at this stage.
    Had a fair few injuries but when Bruce and academy manager left the writing was kind of on the wall. He's still banged plenty of goals when playing, including a brace from 2-0 down against Man City's international players the other week.

Reports from game is that there is a lot of wind, rock hard pitch and tricky conditions for both

• JT said:

JT said:

JT said:

Had a fair few injuries but when Bruce and academy manager left the writing was kind of on the wall. He's still banged plenty of goals when playing, including a brace from 2-0 down against Man City's international players the other week.

Reports from game is that there is a lot of wind, rock hard pitch and tricky conditions for both

Hope he impresses today and he can sign for us. League 1/2 so perfect.

And he can get the train to training!
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

JT said:

I just want you to know FA that I greatly appreciate your football anorak-ness.
    lol! I've kept a close eye on Johan partly because @JT posts on here, partly because he's a Charlton fan but also because we almost signed him... He's one of those cases that I've kept an eye on because I've often wondered if we made a big mistake.
    You don't give yourself enough credit, you generally have a good level of football anorak-ness (apparently I'm making that a word).
    If I'm honest I think "Anorackery" would be a better word - but that's just me

• 0-0 HT
  • Sponsored links:

• JT said:

JT said:

JT said:

JT said:

He would travel hours and hours any way possible to play for Charlton

just send a video clip to @ThomasDriesen10 on twitter and he'll be on trial
    If JT goes on to the Football Manager Editor he can play with Johan's stats to make him look World Class, do that and send Tommy a Screenshot to show how good he is (You'll also need to do the same on FIFA to make it look realistic)
  • JT said:

JT said:

JT said:

JT said:

He would travel hours and hours any way possible to play for Charlton

just send a video clip to @ThomasDriesen10 on twitter and he'll be on trial
    If JT goes on to the Football Manager Editor he can play with Johan's stats to make him look World Class, do that and send Tommy a Screenshot to show how good he is (You'll also need to do the same on FIFA to make it look realistic)
    He's not in FIFA at the moment, I'm guessing because he was out on loan. But as soon as he pops up/is back in the game I'll be happy to edit him a bit and send a picture over to our Mowgli.
  • danny777 said:

0-1, Ter Horst, via route 1.

Judas!! - Did he celebrate his goal?
  • It wasnt him lol. Lofts scored

He was on fifa but dont know what updates have happened.
  • Lost 1 - 0

No reports yet. Where are @dickplumb and @bolloxbolder
  • Lost 1 - 0

bolloxbolder is in India :smile:
  • edited April 2017
    I am here. Pretty dull game which we shaded on chances created. Ahearne-Grant made two or three decent runs as did Yam Fam but nothing came from them. Their goal came from a lofted shot from Lofts. Star of the show was Djikisteel who controlled the midfield. Bowry and Morgan Fox lookalike Nathan Fox had good solid games in the centre of defence. Hanlan was totally marked out of the game. Barnes was also good at right back and made a good surging run in the first half.

Mitov
    Barnes, Bowry, Fox, Edwards
    Yamfam, Lapslie, Djikisteel, Carter,
    Ahearne- Grant, Hanlan
  • Sponsored links:

• How did the Hull no. 7 do?
  • How did the Hull no. 7 do?

He was ok, but no Hull player stood out.
  • Lost 1 - 0

bolloxbolder is in India :smile:
    And covered end is in India's sister Melissa. Hope he covered his end! :p
  • iamdan said:

Impressed with Aaron Barnes and KAG today.

Good attendance in the sun.

Robbo loving the sun, laying down like a starfish the whole match.

Did not Greenpeace turn up and try and coax him back into the water?
    How has this only got one lol?
  • Jo Cummings appears to be a Sheffield Utd defender
  • edited April 2017
    2nd place Millwall lost to Ipswich which leaves us 8 points clear with one game to play, at home to Millwall.

Millwall have three games left obviously including away to Charlton.

So we only need a draw in that game or for Millwall to drop points in either of their two games for us to win the league.
  • 2nd place Millwall lost to Ipswich which leaves us 8 points clear with one game to play, at home to Millwall.

Millwall have three games left obviously including away to Charlton.

So we only need a draw in that game or for Millwall to drop points in either of their two games for us to win the league.

Two go through to the Play-Offs though so we've surely qualified for them?
  • Late late goal from central defender Jo Cummings, a header from a Alfie Doughty corner. Jo is a 18 year old on trial from Sheffield Utd. Charlton ground out a result on a very bumpy difficult pitch which was used the day before by Wasps, who also play at the stadium. As said above Millwall have 3 matches to play, one away to Hull which was recently abandoned in 89th minute due to a fight between both teams when the score was 2-1 to Hull. Wish the result had stood.