Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker 'Big interview' in the Sun today

Comments

• Options
    The way he left (refusing to play) was wrong but I could understand him leaving.

• Options

Much more likely to get the clap from me these days than a boo"

You should get some penicillin mate; -)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The way he wrangled his way out the club was disgusting. His son was a baby at the time but boy what a terrible example to set to your son and boy what a terrible father Scott Parker is to his son.

Hey, you need to rein in some of the nonsense you are posting of late my friend, or you're gonna land yourself in deep water. I suspect you rightly get a bit of extra leeway, but you're treading dangerously.
  • Options

The way he wrangled his way out the club was disgusting. His son was a baby at the time but boy what a terrible example to set to your son and boy what a terrible father Scott Parker is to his son.

Hey, you need to rein in some of the nonsense you are posting of late my friend, or you're gonna land yourself in deep water. I suspect you rightly get a bit of extra leeway, but you're treading dangerously.
    ???
  • Options

What a ridiculous post. Drinking on a Sunday evening is not good for you..!!!
  • Options

Oh, and he's a greedy c***

So, R ot W works for Lidl. Tesco come sniffing and offer to double your wage. R ot W accepts that offer and moves on to bigger things. What a greedy c***!! Me, I call it human nature and common sense!
    Except I doubt this fictional lidls employee had people chanting his name and telling him how great he was every time he was stacking a shelf.
  • Options
    He was on decent money at Charlton, in fact signed a new contract in the summer at the start of the season, no doubt with a nice juicy signing on fee...

Never forgive him for refusing to play against the Gills in the cup cos his head wasnt right, and knocking on Murrays door demanding a move when we were still in the ground walking out after the wolves game.

Never forget his first game sitting on the bench at blackburn bouncing up and down like a kid at christmas, yet a week or two before he was one of ours. (its like Harry Kane leaving Spurs for Chelsea)

Sorry to be bitter about it but i too am glad he won naff all. Yes his bank coffers were swelled (at the time) but who knows what he and us could have achieved had he stayed...Just shows with all premier league players, playing doesnt matter anymore...money does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    masicat said:

I was working for a bank. Another bank offered me 20 times my salary to join them but I turned it down. I loved the customers of the first bank and they loved me. I could have gone on to be something big in banking, but my customers needed me. Dear oh dear oh dear.

You'd still need to work your notice though, not that comparing supermarket workers or bank staff to footballers is a very good comparison in the first place

I think most people are only really asking for a few of months loyalty mate. I can personally say with my hand on my heart that I would never walk out on a job, whatever I done and I'm living that out at the moment (working the next 2 weeks for nothing, to leave things amicable)

• Options
    masicat said:

I was working for a bank. Another bank offered me 20 times my salary to join them but I turned it down. I loved the customers of the first bank and they loved me. I could have gone on to be something big in banking, but my customers needed me. Dear oh dear oh dear.

Weren't the numbers being quoted at the time £20k a week at Charlton and £40k a week at Chelsea. I'd move jobs for that. Big difference between banking and football though and it's probably safe to speculate and say that £20k difference would have been peanuts had he stayed at Charlton for another 4 months to the end of the season and we'd finished near the top of the PL.
  • Options

I don't think Chelsea wanted him particularly, but they didn't want us to have him.

Charlton were flying at the time and that threat was removed by one swift action that was akin to Mrs Thatcher sinking the Belgrano.

That's exactly what my old man said at the time.
  • Options

Charlton were flying at the time and that threat was removed by one swift action that was akin to Mrs Thatcher sinking the Belgrano.

I've seen some tenuous links in my time, but that one has got to be in the top three

• Options
    HandG said:

We're not doing this again are we?

We had failed in the latter part of earlier seasons when Parker had been there hadn't we? So why would that season had been any different? Also, we finished 7th? Did people really expect we'd finish in the top four? Really?

And how can the sale of one player 13 years ago be held in any way at all responsible for where we are now? Regardless of all the Roland shenanigans which I would say has been a much bigger reason(!) let's not forget we got £10m which was left to Alan Curbishley to spend so we weren't exactly left up shit creek were we?

Also Parker did an interview before a recent Fulham v Charlton game saying how much he still loved the club so don't really see the point of this thread.

See your point. But Parker had given the run around to Roy Keane and Patrick Viera. He was a top top player in our side.

I think we could have finished top 4. If Leicester had cashed in on Kante last January would they have won the league?
  • Options

I don't think Chelsea wanted him particularly, but they didn't want us to have him.

That's exactly what my old man said at the time.
    Not about Thatcher and the boat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No-one minded him moving, the issue was he refused to train.
  • Options

The other thong people overlook was the impact on Curbishley. For him, this was a very direct betrayal and left him feeling (rightly as it turned out) that it was impossible for him to take Charlton any further than mid table.

Not really sure about that.

Didn't we buy the likes of Murphy ,Rommedahl and Bent with the money?
  • Options

Oh really, "no one minded him moving".....is that a fact!!!
  • Options

We got £10m for Parker. Some four years later we got relegated to League 1 at which point we released, on a free, a player who could have been an integral part of our midfield for years to come. A player who is now not only performing consistently well in the PL but is also an international and has played over 200 games for that Club. The irony is that the lad in question happens to be Parker's brother in law.

We forgive our Club for letting Harry Arter go for nothing because anyone can make a mistake. In the same way we did with George Boyd, Michael Turner etc etc. Because anyone can make a mistake can't they? Probably £20m worth of talent with just those three alone but, hey, as I say, anyone can make a mistake.

Unless, of course, your name is Scott Parker. Because you Scott are responsible for all the ills that have befallen our Club in the last decade. And we will continue to blame you for the fact that we would have gone on to not only make Europe but we would have won the Champions League to boot - as well as the PL of course.

And we will remind Scotty about this on every single occasion we get a chance to. Because Scotty, unlike Defoe who never kicked a ball in anger for us, or Gomez or Lookman or Poyet or Harriott or Jenkinson or whoever else left us before they served a decent length of time with us, you only played 150 games for us. The joke of our current plight is that we only have two players in the whole of our current squad who have actually played more games than Scott did for us.

We all make mistakes. Ignoring the financial aspect, if being Player of the year at numerous Clubs, PFA Young Player of the Year, FWA Player of the year, England Player of the Year etc etc is a mistake in some people's eyes, then their idea of success really is in another league. Especially taking into consideration the type of player we are currently hiring and very quickly "firing".

So, perhaps, all I'm saying is that it really is time we all moved on.

I thought I'd moved on from this until I read the thread. Nah still pissed off about it.
  • Options

Oh really, "no one minded him moving".....is that a fact!!!
    I effing well did!

IF only he had stayed to the end of the season, I could have wished him well if he had decided to leave and chase the money. But he didn't. Leaving when he did left us in the lurch. And as he went, so did the only chance in my lifetime of me ever seeing us play European football.

Can never forgive him for that.
    Exactly
  • Options
    As soon as the Regime move on this old chestnut will be insignificant in the overall scheme of things.
  • Options
    There are two aspects that those who say "we would have gone on to play in Europe" are, perhaps, forgetting - on the one hand, there is no guarantee that Parker would have remained fit or in the same form for the whole of the rest of the season and the other is our consistently horrendous run the side used to have under Curbs prior to the end of the season.

In the seven PL seasons under Curbs our form for the last 10 games reads:

W12 D19 L39

That's an average of less than 8 points per season for our final 10 games.

So who can realistically say, for an absolute fact, that it was all Scott Parker's fault that we didn't qualify for Europe?