Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• We are top 29 points
    Sunderland 28 points
    Saints 27 points
    All played 14 games
  • Does anyone know what injury Freya received?
  • Well done to the women. A big result in a must win game. Hope Freya is ok.
  • Great win on the road against one of the other top 5. 8 more games to go.

Hopefully Freya is okay and not out too long.
  • Huge result. Nice to see the 90 mins ticking over and not feel incredibly stressed 
  • Great win. Another  8 cup finals now effectively! Freda Ayisi after 63 minutes 
  • Great win for the ladies, not even a mention on our wonderful website, we are such a s**t club at the moment!!!

The ladies are top of the league, shows how poor our PR is at present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• redman said:
    Great win. Another  8 cup finals now effectively! Freda Ayisi after 63 minutes 
    Notice the next 5 are against sides 'not in contention' then 3 potentially huge fixtures to finish.
  • Sponsored links:

• redman said:
    Great win. Another  8 cup finals now effectively! Freda Ayisi after 63 minutes 
    Notice the next 5 are against sides 'not in contention' then 3 potentially huge fixtures to finish.
    During those same 5 game weekends Southampton are playing all 3 of the others, Birmingham and Palace 2 of them, Sunderland just one. If we could win the next 5 we will probably go into the last 3 top, and possibly with a gap.
  • edited January 28
    ross1 said:
    We are top 29 points
    Sunderland 28 points
    Saints 27 points
    All played 14 games
    Brum 26 points
    Palace 24 points 
    Both played 13 and each have better goal difference than Charlton, Sunderland and Southampton.

It’s very very tight at the top. Now it’s three of the bottom four in the next three fixtures so have to keep the pressure on the rest to stay on our pace.
  • Last game of the season, Charlton Vs Southampton while Palace are at home to Sunderland. Could be a lot to play for in South London and Surrey.
  • sam3110 said:
    Great win for the ladies, not even a mention on our wonderful website, we are such a s**t club at the moment!!!

The ladies are top of the league, shows how poor our PR is at present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you on about? They always put up a report of the games, usually a few hours after the final whistle or the next day, depending on kick off times.

The official Twitter/X account has already retweeted it to
    Still no report on the club site. More than a few hours. The women's team are the poor relations.

Totally different to the men's team where the report and manager interview goes up immediately after the game.

Good that they managed to post an update on Freya Godfrey.

The Palace website had a very comprehensive report soon after the game.

The club is advertising for a Head of Marketing Communications so hopefully things do improve.
  • Well done Crusty54, I thought i was imagining how very lukewarm the comms are from our club, as opposed to our neighbor's who really did the business in their after match, that is taking into account they were the losing team. Hope for a quick return for Freya Godfrey🤞
  • edited January 29
    I don't know what time it was put on but the report of the game was put on the website yesterday.
    The Freya Godfrey update was put on 22 hours ago and I think the match report was put on before that.
  • I believe I read on Twitter that the women's comms left for a role with the FA. Her last day was the Palar5e game. Could be why as I've always thought the comms was excellent & believe they had a hand in the Traitor thingy when used for the signing of one of the men's team.
  • In the end, a Premier League club will have a large media team and will be more slick with this sort of thing. Anyway, Palace have got the match highlights up on their website:
    https://www.cpfc.co.uk/palace-tv/video/--women-s-highlights--crystal-palace-0-1-charlton-athletic/2024-01-29/?id=0_1d5k61uv
  • edited January 29
    I don't know what time it was put on but the report of the game was put on the website yesterday.
    The Freya Godfrey update was put on 22 hours ago and I think the match report was put on before that.
    The report on the Charlton site was added just after 10.00 this morning. It was the lead story for a couple of hours before being lost below tickets for Saturday, Alfie May being nominated for player of the month and the under 18s report.
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe I read on Twitter that the women's comms left for a role with the FA. Her last day was the Palar5e game. Could be why as I've always thought the comms was excellent & believe they had a hand in the Traitor thingy when used for the signing of one of the men's team.
    The problem was usually that Andrea wrote the text but somebody else had to check it and add it to the website. She only worked on the women's team and helped Charlton Valiants.
  • So what’s the plan, if, we go up? Can’t play WSL games at Oakwood 
  • Rothko said:
    So what’s the plan, if, we go up? Can’t play WSL games at Oakwood 
    Does it not meet league criteria?

• Just shows where we are and our comms are not good! The women's/ladies team deserve better and are far exceeding their male counter part, big👍👍👍to Karen Hills and her team.
  • Ok, I’ll rephrase that, I can’t imagine WSL games there compared to some of the base grounds used elsewhere in the league. Plus doubt it’ll have the lights and set up for TV for example 
  • There are minimum rules and The Oakwood doesn’t meet any of them really. First stumbling block being needing a capacity of 1,500
  • fenaddick said:
    There are minimum rules and The Oakwood doesn’t meet any of them really. First stumbling block being needing a capacity of 1,500
    All teams in the Championship next season must play their matches at a ground fit for the WSL. Must be a grass pitch.

• Crusty54 said:
    The report on the Charlton site was added just after 10.00 this morning. It was the lead story for a couple of hours before being lost below tickets for Saturday, Alfie May being nominated for player of the month and the under 18s report.
    Your point being?
  • edited January 29
    Crusty54 said:
    fenaddick said:
    There are minimum rules and The Oakwood doesn’t meet any of them really. First stumbling block being needing a capacity of 1,500
    All teams in the Championship next season must play their matches at a ground fit for the WSL. Must be a grass pitch.

When Palace moved from Bromley to Sutton, that was the reason they gave,

There are other grounds within our catchment area that meet WSL criteria and given that we'll have to comply next year anyway I guess there are plans in hand. Struggling to think of one offhand that's up to standard and isn't already hosting a women's team or being shared by 2 men's teams. Either we find somewhere or we just play all league games at the Valley. 

Edit to add: I've seen a lot of FA ground grading documents, but the one for the WSL seems to be top secret. Not available on the internet at all as far as I can see, other than versions that are years old and go back to a time when the Oakwood would have been enough. Clearly Championship clubs will have been sent copies, but no-one seems to have published it. (if anyone knows different, a link would be very much appreciated!)
  • If we do get promoted, I would imagine all home games will be at the Valley.