Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Avicii

Swedish DJ found dead in Muscat just 28 years of age... RIP

Comments

• Very sad hopefully not drugs related
  • Crazy
  • My god. How awful. RIP
  • Very sad hopefully not drugs related

I believe he retired from touring due to health issues
  • Genuinely shocked by this, was watching a documentary about him on a flight only a few weeks ago. Suffered from health problems mainly because of excessive drinking. Had his gall bladder removed a few years ago because of the drinking and stopped touring in 2016 due to stress, but to die at 28 is something else.

Hope his death isn't because of an overdose but at times during the documentary he did come across as a troubled soul.

RIP.
  • Sad news, 28 is no age at all. RIP
  • edited April 2018
    Very sad. His track ‘levels’ was THE tune of Ibiza in 2011. Great memories.
  • Just put 5 songs of his on the jukebox
    Best £1 i ever spent

R.I.P Avicii
  • Fucking hell. Addiction is a true monster (his health related retirement was due to alcohol induced problems).

Rest in peace, Tim. Thank you for the music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never head of him.
  • PaddyP17 said:

PopIcon said:

Never head of him.

This is such a pointless, unnecessary and heartless comment.
    Hence my flag.

You dont know who he is you eithet say rip or dont say anything.

Going on a rip thread and writting a comment like that is heartless like u say
  • edited April 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

PopIcon said:

Never head of him.

I agree. I don’t comment on most RIp threads as I think there are too many and for people I don’t know. But... as a nigh on 50 year old woman...I’m gutted. Loved his tunes.

Rest in eternal peace young man. You will forever be on my playlist.

• I think I played "wake me up" on repeat for about 4 months straight back when it came out (2013?) loved that song.

Rip
  • No idea about his music, but a bloke who obviously bought millions happiness through his work. So sad to die at just 23. RIP young man.
  • Such sad news, way too young. Loved “wake me up”. RIP
  • Excess drinking? Shane McGowan was 60 on Christmas Day last year, how does that happen ? He hasn’t been sober since 1978 .
  • PaddyP17 said:

PopIcon said:

Never head of him.

No it's not. It's sad a young man has died. There are new RIP threads on here every day.
    Anyway, if I caused offence it was not my intention.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even with his health problems, 28 is far, far too young and it’s so very sad. Life is cruel sometimes. But as Avicii once had in his song, The Nights... He said, “one day, you’ll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember”.

RIP Avicii - Tim Bergling.
  • RIP. His music was the sort you could play in the car and enjoy and my teenage son would enjoy too. That is a very hard balance to find I can tell you. 28 far too young.
  • PopIcon said:

PaddyP17 said:

PopIcon said:

Never head of him.

No it's not. It's sad a young man has died. There are new RIP threads on here every day.
    Anyway, if I caused offence it was not my intention.
    What does your comment add to this thread, though? All it does is make you read as heartless. The subtext could easily be interpreted as "never heard of him, so I don't care about his death" (though I'm sure you wouldn't have meant that).
  • I would imagine making a lot of money and being famous at a young age can potentially be very damaging to your mental health. On the surface everything is great but you do have to exist in a bubble..
  • I would imagine making a lot of money and being famous at a young age can potentially be very damaging to your mental health. On the surface everything is great but you do have to exist in a bubble..
    And where do you go? I’m a year or so younger and in some ways just feel I’m starting to get my feet under the table in life. He’s already got to the top and then started having health problems. If you’re in constant physical pain and don’t have anything professionally or artistically to prove it has to mess you up.
  • I used to run a mobile disco, so treat this analogy with the loosenes it deserves.

After a successful evening of playing other people's records I'd take the money I'd earned and promptly spend it somewhere else getting off my face. This was mainly Friday and Saturday nights so not much different to a lot of the 18-30 male population at the time.

If he's playing every night, to massive crowds of people and playing his own stuff, which people are loving, I can understand why it would be so tough to not indulge, and to indulge every night to excess
    And where do you go? I’m a year or so younger and in some ways just feel I’m starting to get my feet under the table in life. He’s already got to the top and then started having health problems. If you’re in constant physical pain and don’t have anything professionally or artistically to prove it has to mess you up.
    That was my thought entirely. Getting to the top of the tree at a young age with masses of wealth and adulation can really f*** you up.
    The social media age has probably made it even worse.

I imagine it can prove very lonely and you can't always trust the hangers on. Lots of famous people seem to be shafted by advisers etc who only really want their wealth....
    That was my thought entirely. Getting to the top of the tree at a young age with masses of wealth and adulation can really f*** you up.

I imagine it can prove very lonely and you can't always trust the hangers on. Lots of famous people seem to be shafted by advisers etc who only really want their wealth....
    also the relentless travelling and minimal chill out time, some of these guys will do 3 nights a week in vegas along with dubai etc so constant times on planes ( all be it private jet/1st class ) but still ridiculous, not the same but my cousin pretty high up at rbs investment went to new york for an hours meeting then flew straight back every fortnight, he got out of the city at 36 made enough that he could retire still trades on his own now to supplement a lifestyle he likes, mainly consisting of golf and going to the gym.

also the relentless travelling and minimal chill out time, some of these guys will do 3 nights a week in vegas along with dubai etc so constant times on planes ( all be it private jet/1st class ) but still ridiculous, not the same but my cousin pretty high up at rbs investment went to new york for an hours meeting then flew straight back every fortnight, he got out of the city at 36 made enough that he could retire still trades on his own now to supplement a lifestyle he likes, mainly consisting of golf and going to the gym.
    I've listened to guys that were in bands who were constantly touring and doing PR events and they ended up hating it. Probably great fun at the start but I imagine that soon disappears..