Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Invicta - CAFC affiliated LGBT friendly team

Comments

• You could have at least closed the thread, but oh no, you'll leave it to a minion like @bubbles I suppose.
  • Sounds horrible, anyone know what happened (obvs be careful as it sounds like an ongoing police investigation). 

https://twitter.com/yterriersfc/status/1667872086633611264?s=46&t=fuW9Fhk7G9K8yV_wZkuaIQ
  • sounds hugely uncharacteristic for the LGBTQIA football and similarly so from a Charlton representative team!  How very bizarre 

• Swisdom said:
    sounds hugely uncharacteristic for the LGBTQIA football and similarly so from a Charlton representative team!  How very bizarre 

You forgot the + mate 😔
  • MrOneLung said:
    Mike said:
    Where does it sound like that ? 
    On the Twitter thread
  • edited June 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Mike said:
    Where does it sound like that ? 
    Terrier player tried to headbutt an Invicta player and he retaliated. 
  • There is no clarity to be found on the tweeter information.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was at the game and witnessed everything that happened.  Don't believe everything you read from the Yorkshire side of things certainly not as one-sided as they make it sound. 
    First time in watching a number of Invicta games that I have ever witnessed anything like it.
  • Should the thread title be amended?
  • The headline in the Pink News article... "Queer footballer".  Is the use of the word "queer" in this headline actually necessary?  I just think it sounds strange used like that.  I dont mean to say the wrong thing and upset anyone but can someone explain to me why it was used, kindly.  
  • Curb_It said:
    The headline in the Pink News article... "Queer footballer".  Is the use of the word "queer" in this headline actually necessary?  I just think it sounds strange used like that.  I dont mean to say the wrong thing and upset anyone but can someone explain to me why it was used, kindly.  
    Because Queer covers all of the bases?  I doubt Pink news had an actual reporter at the event or did an in depth back ground check.  It's safer than wrongly labeling him gay, bi, trans, non binary or anything else he identifies as.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    The headline in the Pink News article... "Queer footballer".  Is the use of the word "queer" in this headline actually necessary?  I just think it sounds strange used like that.  I dont mean to say the wrong thing and upset anyone but can someone explain to me why it was used, kindly.  
    Because Queer covers all of the bases?  I doubt Pink news had an actual reporter at the event or did an in depth back ground check.  It's safer than wrongly labeling him gay, bi, trans, non binary or anything else he identifies as.
    Like, er, 'footballer'?
    Exactly...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?
    Pink news is an LGTBQ+ publication, so the phrase 'queer' is very much relevant to the story.

Eg had it been the Plymouth Herald, they'd have written 'local footballer', 'St Budeaux man' etc.

No surprise there is more interest in the title of the story than the content of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?
    Because if it just said footballer why would a reader of the Pink News carry on reading? 

If it was in a "main stream" newspaper I would expect them to make no reference to it, because in the scheme of things it makes no odds.  But if it was in the Voice, the Jewish Cronical, gay times or farmers weekly I would expect them to make it clear why they are they are covering it.
  • PopIcon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?
    Pink news is an LGTBQ+ publication, so the phrase 'queer' is very much relevant to the story.

Eg had it been the Plymouth Herald, they'd have written 'local footballer', 'St Budeaux man' etc.

No surprise there is more interest in the title of the story than the content of it.
    But if its in a LGBTQIA+ publication, and the story is about an LGBTQIA+ football match, surely "footballer" would have sufficed? 

Of course, if the Pink News ran stories on "non -identity" fights at Sunday morning football matches, or if this had been a homophobic attack, the headline might have been more relevant.
  • PopIcon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?

Maybe this is why?

“We would kindly request the matter is not discussed on social media until the police and the organisation completes its own review.”
  • Or maybe the footballer was unwell…🤔
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?
    Because if it just said footballer why would a reader of the Pink News carry on reading? 

If it was in a "main stream" newspaper I would expect them to make no reference to it, because in the scheme of things it makes no odds.  But if it was in the Voice, the Jewish Cronical, gay times or farmers weekly I would expect them to make it clear why they are they are covering it.
    They could have simply said footballer and that Charlton Invicta are an LGBT team. Language use is getting ever more clumsy and cumbersome.

Have to credit readers of Pink News with a bit of intelligence.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curb_It said:
    Like, er, 'footballer'?

They could have simply said footballer and that Charlton Invicta are an LGBT team. Language use is getting ever more clumsy and cumbersome.

Have to credit readers of Pink News with a bit of intelligence.
    Mate I didn't write it...:wink: