Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Did Lyle get a yellow card today?
    Nope thank god... Just three games to survive now
  • Will miss the next 2 games injured then get booked on his return and miss the following two games through suspension. 
  • I felt nervous with that penalty last night , a slow run/walk up ...
    was he taking they Buyens approach, try and get the keeper to commit and if the keeper doesn't go one way or t'other strike it well enough so he can't get to it 
  • I felt nervous with that penalty last night , a slow run/walk up ...
    was he taking they Buyens approach, try and get the keeper to commit and if the keeper doesn't go one way or t'other strike it well enough so he can't get to it 
    Yes, he was staring at the goalie to see which way he went, before putting the ball the other way.
  • While I could have (and have) seen him miss in front of the Jimmy Seed stand, I couldn’t (and haven’t) see him miss with the Civered end singing for him. Proper confidence injection. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Three goals behind James Collins for golden boot. Probably too many claw back
    Only reason he played 90 I reckon yday. 
  • Most goal involvements (28) in league 1
  • Most goal involvements (28) in league 1
    Another 10 and he may have made the team of the year.
  • Only a year left on his contract I believe. Any well run club would already be talking to him about extending his contract. But we are talking about Charlton under Douchbag here so prepare yourself for another Grant situation.

Actually I seriously wonder if Taylor will even be here next year. He is one of our few saleable assets now and if a Championship team came in with a cheeky bid of £2 million or so in the summer it's hard to see Douchbag turning it down.

And that sadly is our fate until we get a new sensible owner. 
    Dunno... Lyle has five games left to play

Collins only has three games left
  • Only a year left on his contract I believe. Any well run club would already be talking to him about extending his contract. But we are talking about Charlton under Douchbag here so prepare yourself for another Grant situation.

Actually I seriously wonder if Taylor will even be here next year. He is one of our few saleable assets now and if a Championship team came in with a cheeky bid of £2 million or so in the summer it's hard to see Douchbag turning it down.

And that sadly is our fate until we get a new sensible owner. 

Half that if we don't get promoted :( Do one Roland
  • Sponsored links:

Play offs don't count towards league goals do they? I thought they were a separate competition.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Three goals behind James Collins for golden boot. Probably too many claw back

Play offs don't count towards league goals do they? I thought they were a separate competition.
    Never thought it would be regarded as a separate competition but you seem to be right

i.e. Mendonca is down as having scored 23-goals in 97/98

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997%E2%80%9398_Football_League#First_Division_2

SoccerBase on the other hand has him down for 28-goals that season (the difference coming from: Play-Offs: 3-Goals | FA Cup: 1-goal | League Cup: 1-Goal)

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=5374&season_id=127
  • Taylor is a joy to watch - I really fail to understand how he's never played at a higher level.

He has a great first touch, a great workrate, provides assists and scores plenty of goals.
    His enthusiasm shines through and he's a great asset to the club..

He does look to me like he can make the step up. His earlier career record did not really hint at this though, bumbling around Scotland and the lower leagues, always scoring goals but not especially prolifically.

He comes across as an intelligent and likeable lad, but also very self confident. I think he walks the line between confidence and arrogance well but I could certainly imagine him being a bit of a handful in his younger years. Some players just mature and peak a bit later than others. The good news is, while he’s not slow, Taylor is not overly reliant on his pace so I think he has a few years left in him yet. 
  • Like so many players this year, Taylor has improved considerably under Bows. I don’t know how he does it, but other than Fosu and Marshall I can’t think of a player that is not better.
  • Redrobo said:
    Like so many players this year, Taylor has improved considerably under Bows. I don’t know how he does it, but other than Fosu and Marshall I can’t think of a player that is not better.
    If Taylor had been this good in the past we wouldn't have managed to sign him. He's been outstanding in a number of games this season and we now know he takes a mean free kick as well.

• Redrobo said:
    Like so many players this year, Taylor has improved considerably under Bows. I don’t know how he does it, but other than Fosu and Marshall I can’t think of a player that is not better.
    If Taylor had been this good in the past we wouldn't have managed to sign him. He's been outstanding in a number of games this season and we now know he takes a mean free kick as well.

Players do tend to improve when surrounded by better players. Clearly our squad is in terms of technical skill a significant step up on Wimbledon's last season, when he was a handful but not at this level. 
  • He has a fantastic engine, is very strong and can finish. Add to that a decent touch and he is without doubt the best striker in the league.
  • Major man crush on Lyle, he is total quality. Sadly, I have no doubt Roland will sell him in the summer :(