Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    Pratley is a good talker too, indeed that's one of the strengths of this side is that we have people like Pratley, Watson, Gunter and Pearce to encourage and organise younger players like Maatsen, Famewo, Doughty and Morgan

I also think he's slightly wasted as a "holding" player as he's super fit and does get into the box to nick the odd goal
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I honestly think that having the experience that both Pratley and Watson bring will be the difference between us and most other sides

I cant think of many other clubs in League One who have that sort of Midfield General 
  • Options
    I honestly think that having the experience that both Pratley and Watson bring will be the difference between us and most other sides

I cant think of many other clubs in League One who have that sort of Midfield General 
    Add Gunter, Pearce and Matthews to that. Even Williams. It’s a very good squad for this level. 
  • Options

I also think he's slightly wasted as a "holding" player as he's super fit and does get into the box to nick the odd goal
    OK look I'm all for the Pratley love-in but no, no, no, no. He looks completely lost every time he plays further forward 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

OK look I'm all for the Pratley love-in but no, no, no, no. He looks completely lost every time he plays further forward 
    Apart from when he score's goals.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If he times his run properly like we saw at Shrewsbury then I agree with Killer - If he times his run like he did at times last season then hell no... I cant remember the Championship team but there was one game last season where he literally got in the way when we were trying to score
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Pratley has scored...once for us from open play?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Twice, Shrewsbury and Doncaster in the Play-Off semi final
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

ForeverAddickted 1
    Leuth 0
  • Options
    Actually three times - Also scored from what I'd argue was open play against Coventry on Boxing Day. It was initially a free kick but the ball was bouncing around so much before Pratley headed it in, its a bit harsh to say he hadnt scored from open play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Actually scored seven for us since he's been here.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Most of them have been headers from corners though so not really in open play

Leuth is talking about runs from Midfield from Pratley
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Ah yes, of course. 

Still doesn't justify the idea that you can play him further forwards and he'll be much of a threat. Play him as DM and he can come forward for set-pieces :)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Most of them have been headers from corners though so not really in open play

Leuth is talking about runs from Midfield from Pratley
    That's not his game though. Bowyer said so.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    When everyone is fit, I'd rotate him and Watson at the base of the diamond... I think they're similar players, and against the cloggers in this league you don't need both
    I think it’s  when we’re playing the cloggers is exactly when we need both. See the Northampton game. The reason we won that was because players like Pratley are never going to be intimidated by the physical teams in this division. They’ll fight just as hard as the Northampton players and they’re better footballers. 

We needed two defensively minded midfielders less against a team like Fleetwood because their plan was to try and out football us meaning our ballers had room to play their stuff. It actually made for a much closer competition but in my opinion only because our more skillful players are still finding their peak fluency. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    He's played really well last year and this (relatively speaking given he doesn't have much football to his game) but won't be in the first choice 11 once we have everybody fit - he's a great player if trying to grind out a win / win ugly but not the answer if we want to start smashing teams and not be hanging on for wins. 
    Pratley is often judged on his ability with the ball. But that's not what he's here for.
    Bowyer, talking at the time Prats first signed:

"He's definitely something that we need. We have a man coming through the door - someone who is going to compete and fight and we were lacking that towards the end of last season.

"He's seen it, been there and done it, he's got promotions so he knows what it takes."

i understand what his game is and stand by my statement.There will be times and games when we need a 'dog' man but he will not feature in the line up when we just go out to win our bread and butter games - as bowyer says, we've just been setting the team up to compete at the moment as he hasn't had tome to work on patterns of play etc going forwards -once all r fit and he has had time to do that, Pratley won't be in the starting line up. I respect and appreciate everything Pratley does but i'm pretty sure he doesn't expect to be first name on the teamsheet either.  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    He's played really well last year and this (relatively speaking given he doesn't have much football to his game) but won't be in the first choice 11 once we have everybody fit - he's a great player if trying to grind out a win / win ugly but not the answer if we want to start smashing teams and not be hanging on for wins. 
    Pratley is often judged on his ability with the ball. But that's not what he's here for.
    Bowyer, talking at the time Prats first signed:

"He's definitely something that we need. We have a man coming through the door - someone who is going to compete and fight and we were lacking that towards the end of last season.

"He's seen it, been there and done it, he's got promotions so he knows what it takes."

i understand what his game is and stand by my statement.There will be times and games when we need a 'dog' man but he will not feature in the line up when we just go out to win our bread and butter games - as bowyer says, we've just been setting the team up to compete at the moment as he hasn't had tome to work on patterns of play etc going forwards -once all r fit and he has had time to do that, Pratley won't be in the starting line up. I respect and appreciate everything Pratley does but i'm pretty sure he doesn't expect to be first name on the teamsheet either.  
    That’s your opinion. Not fact. I think he plays even when all are fit. 
  • Options
    I think you’re both wrong... he’ll mainly rotate with Watson and sometimes we’ll play both of them.
  • Options
    Really missed in today's game  .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Some decent pros in that list
  • Options
    Looking good for a red card i reckon.  How many over 35s have done that for us?
  • Options
    Is his contract up this summer? If it is we should be releasing him.
  • Options
    Never understood the love in for this guy, yes his a trier, but he can barely pass the ball, feet are at 10 and 2
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Senpai said:
    Is his contract up this summer? If it is we should be releasing him.
    Yes. The fact that he’s a regular shows how we’ve gone backwards over the last 2 years.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Never understood the love in for this guy, yes his a trier, but he can barely pass the ball, feet are at 10 and 2
    He was superb in the run up and during the play offs. MOTM in Donny second leg. Had a great season for us last season. Admittedly, he’s not been good this season.
  • Options
    Slows the game down. Agree about the red too, if he turns out for the second half he's off. 
  • Options
    Supposed to be captain and he does shit like that. Every game it feels like he should be sent off.  Absolute disgrace fuck him off.  
  • Options
    Slows the game down. Agree about the red too, if he turns out for the second half he's off. 
    This aged well, far sooner than I expect even you thought it would!