Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Options
    No doubt in my mind he made this decision lightly. I'm sure it was with a heavy heart.
  • Options
    Great defender will be missed , good luck Pat.
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck----- can't be many last touches for a club that have been so important

Summed up perfectly 

i have never been his biggest fan but that last goal in the famous red had me accepting I was wrong 
  • Options
    Gutted.
  • Options
    Big fucking German, what a way to bow out, leading us out at Wembley and scoring a goal with his last touch for us
  • Options
    I suspect that given he is free he will earn more than he is maybe worth as no transfer fee to pay.  Shame to lose him as he is ok and a good egg but he is no Championship super star, so feasibly replaceable for a new owner.

Always gave his all so good luck to him.  Probably end up at Middlesbrough who have been very good at overpaying for average players for years.

the last min goal will live long in the memory.
  • Options
    Going to Bburn rovers, my local club of 26 years. Not my club though. Charlton is in me dna. I am gutted re BFG. This is a crazy time. Good luck Pat. But lee lee lee bowyer. And just fkof Roland get out of our club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck . I have a feeling once he gets to Blackburn ( or Preston ) he might realise he’s made a terrible mistake!
  • Options
    Good luck BFG. 
    What a way to finish your time at CAFC. 
    Perhaps you will be back at the Valley at some point in the future, and you will get the same welcome we reserve for our all time favourite players. 
  • Options
    Sad to see him leave, he's been a decent player for us and a decent character too

He is replaceable, but it's an extra bit of recruitment that we could have done without
  • Options
    I suspect that given he is free he will earn more than he is maybe worth as no transfer fee to pay.  Shame to lose him as he is ok and a good egg but he is no Championship super star, so feasibly replaceable for a new owner.

Always gave his all so good luck to him.  Probably end up at Middlesbrough who have been very good at overpaying for average players for years.

the last min goal will live long in the memory.

This. 
    Untried non league strikers from Leyton however, are high on our new gazillionaire owners list.
  • Options
    Good luck Patrick,Its grim up North.
    What s fantastic last memory for BFG and the fans to remember him by.

Another one of the bigger earners along with Vetokele who has also gone.

Disappointed but was always going to be fall out from the non sale of Cafc.
  • Options
    Based on this weeks activity i'd imagine we will see that he has signed a 1 year contract extension and is currently fly fishing in Colorado 
  • Options
    Good luck but he is replaceable and personally I don’t see Blackburn, Preston or Wigan as bigger clubs, purely a money move imo, and now no longer a Charlton player so we move on. 

Let’s not forget he wanted to jump ship in January. 

Same me as Aribo if he goes rangers - will be a money move 
  • Options
    Something tells me he will be back one day in some capacity 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A shame. I've always liked him. He wasn't the greatest Championship defender though so all we can hope for is that we get taken over and aim for a better standard of defender. Otherwise he'll be a big loss as there's no chance us getting a player of his standard under Roland again.
  • Options
    Good luck BFG and thanks for the memories. Always be welcomed at the valley. 
  • Options
    Leaving on a high. All the best to you BFG if you're reading this.

Really appreciate everything and every game you played.

You deserve a decent career.
  • Options
    Gutted. 

But he is replaceable. 

Thanks for everything BFG. What a wonderful way to end
  • Options
    Gutted. A very good player, and I think we'll only realize that once he's gone. Saw danger and dealt with it before it got worse. Didn't have the flashy technical ability of Sarr of the pound your chest passion of Pearce but he was more consistent than either of them the last two years. 

A great way to bow out. Can't blame him for not wanting to stick around. Even if we offered more money than the clubs up north, it looks pretty clear we'll be in a relegation battle and we're just run so poorly. Will always have a soft spot for him and he will always get a huge applause at The Valley. 
  • Options
    We are where we are till Roland fucks off. We cannot expect to recruit or retain at the market rate when he is scrimping. We just need to hope for a takeover and in the meantime put our faith in Bowyer to work his oracle with freebies and the needy and desperate. It can be done. I’m just sorry to see our promotion team being ripped apart but it was always gong to happen give the amount of loanees. Bowyer is well connected so let’s hope he can attract another team of winners. 

You’ve got to remember that these guys (Aribo, Bauer etc) much as we love them, have excelled in league 1. There’s no guarantee that they will make it any higher. Aribo in particular may get found out. He’ll get kicked shitless in Scotland. Bauer is an excellent centre half but there are plenty more out there. I don’t think he’s exceptional. Would have been nice if he’d stuck around for romantic reasons but if he’s getting four times the salary elsewhere good luck to him. 
  • Options
    Personally more gutted with this than losing Aribo

Pat will crack the championship no problem and could have become a proper legend at our club by resigning but I don’t blame him, money talks

Far and away our best defender and you only have to look at the stats of when he has been out of the side to prove it.

Hate Roland
  • Options
    It's a blow to lose Bauer it's extra recruitment required now where we've now lost Bauer and Bielik both of our right sided CB options.

I do think CB is one position which is always replaceable though. Bauer was settled there in that position and it means someone else will have to come in and settle there instead when ideally we need to be hitting the ground running to make the most of any early season momentum carried forward from last season.

Hopefully Gallen and Bowyer can cherry pick one of the best CB's from the lower leagues but it's a big ask to keep hoping they can be 100% in all signings they make all because of the Belgian's penny pinching.
  • Options
    BFG you are a Charlton legend  , what a shame you w'ont be with us for the next stage of the Journey  .