Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    Yes got a load of lols when I said he would be a bang average premier league player. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t write him off at Premier League level. Southampton are bloody awful. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t write him off at Premier League level. Southampton are bloody awful. 
    Well if he is a prem standard player he would be in the team 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Interesting that the article starts with a photo of him & Shelvey. Not sure if that was on purpose but no mention of the fact that Shelvey played for us. Also a contributor to the article was Benjy......latter of this Parish. 
  • Options
    If Declan Rice leaves West Ham they could do worse than Joe....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    If Declan Rice leaves West Ham they could do worse than Joe....
    Not sure they’re like for like. I’d imagine West Ham would want a bit better than Aribo anyway. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Southampton must win today or else they're relegated, Joe Aribo benched
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Down they go
  • Options
    Down they go
    Good, they've been shite all season and deserve to go down. Will be interesting to see if any of the big boys take a punt on JWP, he's 28 now and you'd imagine it's now or never for him for a big payday
  • Options
    Do we have a sell on clause? Doubt many people will stay at Southampton  in the Championship
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Do we have a sell on clause? Doubt many people will stay at Southampton  in the Championship
    Pretty sure he ran his contract down and joined rangers for compensation. Even if there was a sell on it would have been when he left Rangers, not now … 
  • Options
    He won't leave, he'll be their main midfielder in the championship 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    At Charlton because we lost Grant half way through the season, Joe Aribo played more of an attacking midfield role to compensate for the 'can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo' Josh Parker.  
    No surprise when Parker scored 0 in 10 for Cafc as he went 50 matches before he scored in League football and his last 30 for good measure. Gillingham was the only club he could score goals for including against Cafc ! I saw him score a brace for Charlton's U21(over aged player) at the Valley. I have the T-Shirt to prove it.
    Nation league South is his level and at 32, Josh had a fine season. His most effective game for Cafc was the play off final when he put a shift in. 

Joe Aribo scored 9 in 36 matches when he was preferred to Fosu who lost his form.
    Joe had more defensive duties at Rangers under Stephen Gerrard until he was given licence to push on by new boss and by the end of his record breaking 70+ App record in Scotland he played as a striker as injuries meant he was the last man standing.

Joe went from Hero to Zero with his move to the South and he would do well in the Championship if Southampton can rebuilt well after relegation.

Aribo has great feet and needs to find his Mojo again.
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    We didn't sell him to Southampton so very doubtful 

he has struggled for game time in the premiership , I reckon he will be good for them in the championship 
  • Options
    He showed he isn't PL level really. Think that surprised a fair few who thought he'd be more than a solid contributor at that level.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He won't leave, he'll be their main midfielder in the championship 
    Think Saints will do well in The Championship, Man City youngsters, Aribo, Armstrong, Tella etc were all not good enough for the PL, but should be decent Championship players.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He showed he isn't PL level really. Think that surprised a fair few who thought he'd be more than a solid contributor at that level.
    Surely you’d have to be totally unaware of how dogshite Scottish football is to think that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Surely you’d have to be totally unaware of how dogshite Scottish football is to think that. 
    Yes but I'm analysing the player, not the Scottish league. VVD, Robertson, Henrik Larsson have done okay in the EPL to name a few.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mendonca said:

For a bit of balance, I agree not much merit in beating Ross county or Dundee but some of the teams Rangers beat in order when in the KO stage of the Europa Cup 21/22.

Borussia Dortmund (one game away from being German champions this season)
    Red Star Belgrade ( beat Liverpool in group stage a few years ago)
    Braga( normally 3rd best after Benfica and Porto)
    RB Leipzig (in the mix in the bundesliga and regularly in  Euro Competitions.

Reaching the final and losing on penalties to Eintracht Frankfurt when Ramsey missed.

Joe Aribo played 70+ games the most of any top division side in Europe in 21/22 and scored in a final when having to play as the most advanced forward due to injuries.

I had reservations but thought he could help the Saints finish 15/16th and just stay up.

Will be interesting to see if he stays and plays in the Championship where he should do well. Can play in several positions despite Nathan Jones seeing his best position on the bench or not in the 18 !
    New manager next season could well see his career improve again; we shall see.
  • Options
    Fair play to him, Barry has lost some timber
  • Options
    Can't believe how big his head looks

With that haircut
  • Options
    Once you see it you can't unsee it.
  • Options
    He looks ancient , has he been gone for that long length of time