Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Krystian Bielik has suffered an ankle injury - "Doesn't look good" - Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    addick05 said:
    Bielik is class at this level and a shout for POTY, gutted.  But if he’s back in time for the play offs it’s no biggie because I think most will agree that we’re finishing between 3rd and 6th with or without him.

I would say 5th or 6th, as we will free wheel to the Play offs, to try to keep our injury hit squad fit.
    Beat Bradford then cotton wool and plenty of ice.  Parker, Igor and Fosu must chip in with goals to help the prolific Taylor, Aribo and Reeves !  Assists from Williams would help.

Know what you're saying but if you are expecting the afore-mentioned players to suddenly go on a goal-scoring run I think you're going to be disappointed.
    Not expecting but hoping that Bowyer and JJ can get them to take up good positions in the box and an effing miracle might happen.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I wasn’t impressed with a midfield of Cullen, Williams, Reeves and Aribo against Blackpool, albeit that is only 1 game. 

I would quite like us to try Fosu and Marshall in a flat 442 although not a huge fan of the latter. JFCs return for the end of the season might be a big boost if we don’t see Bielik again. 
    In my opinion the midfield you have selected would be a disaster. Maybe play those two in the same side if we are playing 3 at the back.
    Reeves, Williams, Cullen and Aribo wouldnt work IMO and definitely didn't against Blackpool. I am not 100% convinced by the diamond because we don't have anyone to play just behind the front 2. Not been massively impressed with Williams, lacks end product. I would certainly be tempted to try a flat 442, we lack width on some many occasions. Was ok under Grant but the strikers we have now need crosses in the box IMO, not that Marshall can cross to be fair. 
    Outside chance that JFC will be fit for the play offs too as he's due to return to training next week.
  • Options
    Honestly think he's our best player, has to be fully fit for the play offs
    Disagree, he is a great player but not our best IMO.

If we lose Bielik for play offs it wouldnt end our hopes

If we lose Taylor for play offs it would end our hopes
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I wasn’t impressed with a midfield of Cullen, Williams, Reeves and Aribo against Blackpool, albeit that is only 1 game. 

I would quite like us to try Fosu and Marshall in a flat 442 although not a huge fan of the latter. JFCs return for the end of the season might be a big boost if we don’t see Bielik again. 
    In my opinion the midfield you have selected would be a disaster. Maybe play those two in the same side if we are playing 3 at the back.
    Reeves, Williams, Cullen and Aribo wouldnt work IMO and definitely didn't against Blackpool. I am not 100% convinced by the diamond because we don't have anyone to play just behind the front 2. Not been massively impressed with Williams, lacks end product. I would certainly be tempted to try a flat 442, we lack width on some many occasions. Was ok under Grant but the strikers we have now need crosses in the box IMO, not that Marshall can cross to be fair. 
    Outside chance that JFC will be fit for the play offs too as he's due to return to training next week.
    Later this week.
  • Options
    He gives us bite and height in midfield and is a player of great balls as well, could be the difference between success and failure in play offs.
  • Options
    Believe some of these comments are well over the top. For me Bielik is only now beginning to use the ball far better than he did only a couple of months ago. He is now starting to take one touch and pass, before it was 4 touches before passing.

He will be a big loss, 100%, but it’s not disastrous. Cullen at the base of the diamond is more than competent, especially against the level of opposition we have for the remaining games of the season.

He isn’t our best player, for me Aribo is far better than him and would be a bigger miss to our side now in our current situation than Bielik is. 

Bielik and Forster-Caskey to be back at the end of next month and we will go into the play-offs looking strong.

Don’t panic.
  • Options
    Honestly think he's our best player, has to be fully fit for the play offs
    Disagree, he is a great player but not our best IMO.

If we lose Bielik for play offs it wouldnt end our hopes

If we lose Taylor for play offs it would end our hopes
    Yeah, but that's not necessarily because Taylor is our 'best' player though, it's because the gap from him to our next best player in his position is much, much bigger.

We've got at least 4 very good central midfielders for this level, and decent depth in Lapslie and Morgan if we need them. Up front the quality behind Taylor is either dubious/hopeful or known to be pretty poor.
    I guess Taylor is our most important player, indeed the only unreplaceable person in our team.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Redrobo said:

Compare how we looked in the first 60 minutes vs Pompey (with Williams at the tip of the diamond)

to how we looked the whole game against Bristol Rovers.

Id agree Williams does need to add a few more goals/assists to his game, but I think a lot of what he does goes unnoticed. A 442 with perhaps two of the least consistent wingers in the league is also a massive recipe for disaster.
    But the point of the discussion if what we do without Bielik. Comparing the Pompey performance is irrelevant because we are thinking about how we go forward without Bielik. 

Flat 442 might not be the answer, but I don't think bringing Reeves is either. Possibly a diamond of Cullen, Aribo, Lapslie and Williams?
  • Options
    would like to see Dijksteel in centre midfield
    Not for me mate, to hesitant on the ball in my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    With bielik in our side, we are 10x a better side both in the middle and defensively . Massive loss for the remaining games, hope he is fit for playoffs
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Believe some of these comments are well over the top. For me Bielik is only now beginning to use the ball far better than he did only a couple of months ago. He is now starting to take one touch and pass, before it was 4 touches before passing.

He will be a big loss, 100%, but it’s not disastrous. Cullen at the base of the diamond is more than competent, especially against the level of opposition we have for the remaining games of the season.

He isn’t our best player, for me Aribo is far better than him and would be a bigger miss to our side now in our current situation than Bielik is. 

Bielik and Forster-Caskey to be back at the end of next month and we will go into the play-offs looking strong.

Don’t panic.
    I think you're being a bit harsh on him. Agree he hasn't always been the quickest with the ball, but his ability to break up play is superb.

That said, we do have a ready made replacement in Cullen, and I wouldn't mind seeing Dijksteel there either. 

I agree Aribo is a bigger miss, mostly because we don't have another player like him. But that's kind of neither here nor there.

As for JFC coming back, it'd be great, but I won't expect it. I've seen the Instagram videos of him and it's very impressive. But as you've pointed out before, coming back from such an injury you can pick up little niggles and knocks. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Great ball by Barkley

wrong thread! 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Great ball by Barkley

wrong thread! 
    Roland splashing the cash in the summer by signing Barkley, I take back all I've said
  • Options
    U21 game as well, ffs
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Sage said:

Don’t panic.
    I think you're being a bit harsh on him. Agree he hasn't always been the quickest with the ball, but his ability to break up play is superb.

That said, we do have a ready made replacement in Cullen, and I wouldn't mind seeing Dijksteel there either. 

I agree Aribo is a bigger miss, mostly because we don't have another player like him. But that's kind of neither here nor there.

As for JFC coming back, it'd be great, but I won't expect it. I've seen the Instagram videos of him and it's very impressive. But as you've pointed out before, coming back from such an injury you can pick up little niggles and knocks. 
    No intentions of it being harsh. I rate Bielik very highly and think he is going to have a good career. But he has massively improved recently on his use of the ball. His ability to cover both centre back and protecting that back four is fantastic. I just don’t think that he would be as big of a miss to the side as if it was Aribo or Taylor or Cullen.

If what I have gathered is true, we might see him back by the end of April, so play-offs would be the games, but that’s nothing official at all. 
  • Options
    Hope he is back for the play offs, would be a huge loss otherwise
  • Options
    Just a ploy by LB to stop Arsenal keeping tabs on him & thereby stopping them scouting Aribo in the process. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not as bad as feared
  • Options
    Good news 
  • Options
    good news on an injury - this is the start of some good luck at the right time. 
  • Options
    I thought Lee Bowyer meant a Lewis Page type injury where he wouldn't be seen again this season.

And relax until the next injury scare.
  • Options
    Alarming lack of updates on Page.  Kelly Youga Mk II?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Don’t panic.
    Both Cullen and Bielik are well above this level. We do have an issue around playing both which is hard not to do because they are so good. Because we have Cullen, Bielik is not such a miss for us. Although he is a terrific player.

It is true that if we lost Taylor, we would be completely buggered.
  • Options
    clive said:

The Arsenal loanee played 90 minutes against England’s U21s on Thursday, March 21st and, while away with his country, he suffered a minor ankle sprain. 

Bielik is likely to sit out the weekend clash against Bradford but it is hoped that he could return for the Addicks’ clash against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, April 6th.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c9b94deb8743/krystian-bielik-injury-update
    Great news but i'd like to think we don't push to rush him back for the 6th, i'd rather get him fully fit even if it takes another week or so.
  • Options
    No point in rushing him back unless our play off position becomes threatened which I think is unlikely - though not impossible x