Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    jakecafc said:
    Watch him run back with tail between his legs when he finds it hard to get a decent enough contract in the current climate. Dont want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.
    Not quite the same situation as the club captain and our best player found themselves in... could just as easily sacked us off like they did. 
  • Options
    cliché time .. he always gave /gives 100% .. match him with a bigger and tougher partner than (the still excellent) Pearce and you'd see a far better all round defender 
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Watch him run back with tail between his legs when he finds it hard to get a decent enough contract in the current climate. Dont want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.
    He played 90 minutes for all 9 post-lockdown games. I’m thankful for that and he always put in a full shift. Can’t blame him for testing the waters now to see if a Championship club would be interested. 
  • Options
    the the only way I would be angry with him leaving is if he signs for Sheffield Wednesday 
  • Options
    Good luck to him. He joined us to get out of league one, and it's not his fault we are going down. If he has international expectations then can't see why he would want to stay with us.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Who the hell would want to be here right now? We're about three layers of shit owners deep, the fans are in total revolt against the dodgy conmen who can't even get approval to be named owners, we can't sign any players and now apparently history's Dave Jones is being brought in to pick players over Gallen and Bowyer's heads. The only people who would actually want to be here, rather than being stuck in a contract or short of other options, would be absolutely insane.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    His and Philips mistakes are the reason we dropped points at the end and that lead us going down 
    Both very good and pull off some awsome saves and defending but both have a costly mistake in them ?
    Both need improvements to move to a higher level
    So he's played every minute of the 43 games he was available for selection at championship level this season. Bowyer may not have had a big squad, but he mixed people up when needed. That tells me that he was the best player in his position.

If any championship clubs need a consistently fit player with experience then he can do a job. Any of the club's bottom half or those that have just been promoted could make use of Lockyer. And he'll earn more than at our shit show, I have no doubt. Good luck to the lad if he gets a deal elsewhere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about forwards missing chances and not scoring just as costly.

Last minute against Boro, Bonne puts a header over when he should have scored, could have been one more point for us and two less for Boro.
  • Options
    From what i saw this year he was pony. However would probably have done a job in league 1. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    From what i saw this year he was pony. However would probably have done a job in league 1. 
    And also tried his best gave his all. So good luck to him! 
    Didnt mean it to sound negative when he actually did give his all 👍🏽 
  • Options
    Not bothered at all by this 
    cheerio and thanks for the 100% effort 
    with a proper owner/chairman backing bowyer/jacko/gallen we could 100% bring in a better defender than him minus the regular mistake/ lack of pace

• Options
    with a proper owner/chairman backing bowyer/jacko/gallen we could 100% bring in a better defender than him minus the regular mistake/ lack of pace

He has many faults but he does have pace. 

Also, in what world do we have a proper chairman? 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Matter of opinion i suppose but everygame i saw him play any balls in behind or against a speedy striker he seemed to struggle
    Blocks and tackles was a strong point but also in the air for a defender he didnt win enough 

and i said “with a proper owner/chairman”
    obviously atm we have nothing close but even so if we survive as a club with whats going on i dnt feel it wld take much to replace him
  • Options
    Won’t be missed. Bit full of himself from a shit team with a strange accent. Least he stayed to the end! 
  • Options
    His and Philips mistakes are the reason we dropped points at the end and that lead us going down 
    Both very good and pull off some awsome saves and defending but both have a costly mistake in them ?
    There's me thinking Phillips was player of the year 
    Philips made some very bad mistakes after LD. mainly spilling the ball out. Millwall prime example 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Matter of opinion i suppose but everygame i saw him play any balls in behind or against a speedy striker he seemed to struggle
    Blocks and tackles was a strong point but also in the air for a defender he didnt win enough 

obviously atm we have nothing close but even so if we survive as a club with whats going on i dnt feel it wld take much to replace him
    Minimal pace is what i saw!
  • Options
    Philips made some very bad mistakes after LD. mainly spilling the ball out. Millwall prime example 
    Phillips gained us more points with saves than lost imo. Great keeper. We were never winning at millwall lets be honest. 

Our issue last season was centre backs / defence imo. Lost at times. 
  • Options
    Blaming relegation on Phillips... sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! I've read i tall on here now.
    Not blaming him on relegation. Pointing out the mistakes he always make. Shall we go back to play off final? Had a shocker. 
    Happy he goes and Amos gets the gloves for league one. Just saying? 
  • Options
    Good luck to him, whatever mistakes he might have made he never lacked effort. 
  • Options
    Could be he's waiting to see what's happening with the ownership problems 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    SDAddick said:

It’s going to take an entire takeover of the club to replace him.....

Theres every chance we could be facing a relegation battle in League One. Every first teamer leaving when there’s a chance of keeping them is a body blow.
  • Options
    And earned us a point at Cardiff 
  • Options
    Can we even sign players? What about the embargo? I have been so busy with work the last few weeks I've been out of it.