Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Has not been called up to the Wales squad for the next international break, odd
    Stays in the Championship to keep his place in the Wales side...

Meanwhile Jonny Williams and Levitt get called up, as does Chris Gunter who doesn't even have a club!
    Thats great about those two... Surely means the Ipswich game is off
  • Options
    MattF said:

Meanwhile Jonny Williams and Levitt get called up, as does Chris Gunter who doesn't even have a club!
    Assuming Washington is called up then yeah
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Id be shocked if he doesnt
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Id be shocked if he doesnt
    It's a given you'd imagine (which means now he won't be)
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He’s not playing first team football is probably why. May have been better off staying if he wanted to keep his place in the Wales squad.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    Was he ever injured with us, can't remember, bit ironic if not
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    I don't think so.

Suspended twice though!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    I don't think so.

Suspended twice though!

Suspended three times actually to be pedantic

Once for the five bookings
    The second two games when he reached ten games
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    I don't think so.

Suspended twice though!

Several bookings being for dissent!
  • Options
    MattF said:

I'd rather it just went ahead! just play the bloody games saturday 3 ko instead of midweek!
  • Options
    MattF said:

I'd rather it just went ahead! just play the bloody games saturday 3 ko instead of midweek!
    As we're not allowed to go, I've no problem with more midweek games!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    I don't think so.

Suspended twice though!

Suspended twice for three games in total I'd say if we're being pedantic!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    Is he? Not seen that myself.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He's injured.
    Is he? Not seen that myself.
    Luton defender Tom Lockyer misses out with an ankle injury and Anderlecht’s James Lawrence also makes way.
    Although this is the only article i've seen where it says he is injured, so maybe not then.
     https://t.co/yWJ6QAicrJ?amp=1
  • Options
    According to a local Luton paper he has just been left out. No mention of injury or anything
  • Options
    He isn't our problem now, but his effort and commitment flatters to deceive for me in terms of weaknesses in his game. He made different errors to Sarr, but more of them. I think it was an error by Bowyer putting him above Sarr. 
  • Options
    He isn't our problem now, but his effort and commitment flatters to deceive for me in terms of weaknesses in his game. He made different errors to Sarr, but more of them. I think it was an error by Bowyer putting him above Sarr. 
    I saw zero evidence of that. Wasn't the best CB we've had but don't think it was down to a lack of effort, he's just nothing more than a half decent Championship CB. Would walk back into our team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:

How can you call up a player who doesn't have a club and hasn't played since July?!
  • Options
    MattF said:

Yeah lets get one of the tougher games out the way when our squad isnt ready yet
  • Options
    MattF said:

How can you call up a player who doesn't have a club and hasn't played since July?!
    Joe Ledley?
  • Options
    MattF said:

Given that no one can attend what difference does it make? 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I saw zero evidence of that. Wasn't the best CB we've had but don't think it was down to a lack of effort, he's just nothing more than a half decent Championship CB. Would walk back into our team. 
    I didn't mean there was a lack of effort. I meant that it flatters to deceive the weaknesses in his game. We are probably in agreement on him.
  • Options
    I didn't mean there was a lack of effort. I meant that it flatters to deceive the weaknesses in his game. We are probably in agreement on him.
    Thought he was a pretty rounded centre back. Nothing amazing but certainly Championship quality, better than anything we have now. 
  • Options
    For me he couldn't block crosses reliably, his distribution was awful and choices around that could get us in trouble too often. He wasn't consistently dominant in the air either. He did battle and fight like a trooper to his credit.
  • Options
    For me he couldn't block crosses reliably, his distribution was awful and choices around that could get us in trouble too often. He wasn't consistently dominant in the air either. He did battle and fight like a trooper to his credit.

(but only if you start to use the quote function properly)
  • Options
    Football is a game of opinions. 
  • Options
    According to a local Luton paper he has just been left out. No mention of injury or anything
    Wasn't in Lutons squad on Saturday, so presuming he is injured.