Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• why would they cut his loan short just to send him to another champ team??
    So he can take stage 2 in his development by playing with better players playing better football 
    Where there is no guarantee that he will even play, or if he does play is in a system or position which does not suit him.

All the snippets we have heard coming from Chelsea is that they are very happy with Gallagher's development at Charlton, so why would they make a move that could potentially hinder that. 

Maybe because they're worried that, like a lot of our players, he just needs a rest and he's not going to get it anytime soon at our place. There's an injury waiting to happen there.

I hope that it's all just paper talk and that he stays, but I could see why it might happen. Would leave us properly up shit creek if it does.

So he can take stage 2 in his development by playing with better players playing better football 
    Where there is no guarantee that he will even play, or if he does play is in a system or position which does not suit him.

All the snippets we have heard coming from Chelsea is that they are very happy with Gallagher's development at Charlton, so why would they make a move that could potentially hinder that. 
    Playing with a load of 18 year olds who were probably expected to be on loan with Margate this year isn’t gonna be helping his development.....

there is is no light at the end of the tunnel to our injuries - Charlton players don’t come back from injury like other teams, and whilst playing alongside Cullen, Williams and Field would be good for him, that’s just not gonna happen in the next few months.
  • There is absolutely no information or source in that article to suggest Chelsea want to cut his loan short. Of course other teams are interested and have probably enquired. Most likely outcome there is Chelsea see their young prospect being ever-present in a Championship team and don’t even considering cutting his loan short. They could if they wanted but it wouldn’t make much sense to have him start over again mid season 

Playing with a load of 18 year olds who were probably expected to be on loan with Margate this year isn’t gonna be helping his development.....

there is is no light at the end of the tunnel to our injuries - Charlton players don’t come back from injury like other teams, and whilst playing alongside Cullen, Williams and Field would be good for him, that’s just not gonna happen in the next few months.
    That is a fair enough opinion to hold. Personally I believe that Chelsea are happy that he is getting lots of minutes, in a competitive league, in an environment where he has had to face adversity and difficult conditions, but has become a focal point for the team. 

The proof in the pudding will be if he is still with us at the end of the January transfer window which I am confident he will be. 
    He'll do that next season anyway.

This season he's learning how to mature as a professional, how to dig in during adversity and to be an integral part of something where he is truly valued.

He feels the love. And he's growing as a person and player because of it.
    Plus he's close to his own family and friends.

Far better than getting splinters in his arse and a bit part at another club, more than 100 lonely miles from home.

• It's a genuine joy watching him play. He always looks to see if he can make the most optimal pass or decision. His vision is excellent, and he's only bloody 19!

It is a big dream that we'd somehow retain him next season, as the central focus of a well-budgeted team that has designs on promotion to the Premiership. I genuinely don't know if he's quite ready for the Premiership just yet (no doubting his ability, but will his style and mentality translate immediately?), so maybe - in our most hopeful dreams - it could happen. I'd love it to, of course.

But for now, we're lucky to have him. Long may it continue.
  • Also means he doesnt have to worry about moving to another part of the country

We fans think of Footballers as robots too much - Can be moved about at will without any further actions needed, stick them in any team and they should play to the best of their ability

Conor would need to get used to his new team mates and his new surroundings in the North West (down here with Charlton he's not far from family and home)

Is it truly worth risking sending him to Burnley and so wasting a month to let him settle into his new surroundings with such little time left

Surely best to leave him where he is until Pre-Season, that way he can then move to a new location and has the summer to get used to his new location without a game even being kicked

I never went to University so cant really comment but god knows how I'd have coped as a 19-year old moving away from my home comforts!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea have confirmed that Gallagher will see out the remainder of his loan at The Valley. So bugger off Burnley.
    Where is this, got a link? 
  • Talal said:
    Chelsea have confirmed that Gallagher will see out the remainder of his loan at The Valley. So bugger off Burnley.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-takeover-lee-bowyer-premier-league-comeback-matt-southall-a4325741.html

At the very bottom
  • And whatever people may think, the player will also have a say.

Not only Chelsea monitoring his progress on the pitch - but Conor giving them feedback on how he feels things are going for him at Charlton.

Perhaps the player has told them he feels part of it here and valued, feels he's learning and progressing - and for the rest of the season, Charlton is where he wants to stay?

• Talal said:
    Chelsea have confirmed that Gallagher will see out the remainder of his loan at The Valley. So bugger off Burnley.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-takeover-lee-bowyer-premier-league-comeback-matt-southall-a4325741.html

At the very bottom
    Thanks.
    Would've liked to have seen some quotes though as it's just the reporter saying it. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    It's a genuine joy watching him play. He always looks to see if he can make the most optimal pass or decision. His vision is excellent, and he's only bloody 19!

It is a big dream that we'd somehow retain him next season, as the central focus of a well-budgeted team that has designs on promotion to the Premiership. I genuinely don't know if he's quite ready for the Premiership just yet (no doubting his ability, but will his style and mentality translate immediately?), so maybe - in our most hopeful dreams - it could happen. I'd love it to, of course.

But for now, we're lucky to have him. Long may it continue.
    Agree he's fantastic to watch, if he could just look up before shooting and square a ball across goal now and then, he'd be perfect for us right now.
  • Talal said:

At the very bottom
    And someone called John Harriott (football agent) saying on Twitter that CFC have agreed to allow Gallagher to stay at CAFC for another 12 months. i.e. the end of the 2020/2021 season...don't know how valid that is...but hope he's right!
  • cafc-west said:
    Talal said:

At the very bottom
    And someone called John Harriott (football agent) saying on Twitter that CFC have agreed to allow Gallagher to stay at CAFC for another 12 months. i.e. the end of the 2020/2021 season...don't know how valid that is...but hope he's right!
    Reading the replies it sounds like he's nothing more than a clueless troll
  • cafc-west said:
    Talal said:

At the very bottom
    Reading the replies it sounds like he's nothing more than a clueless troll
    Oh dear.  I did look and he's got more than 4,000 followers so hoped (probably wishful thinking) that there was something to it!!
  • Daily Mail tonight saying Gallagher likely to leave with a host of suitors. Would be great to see something solid that he was definitely staying!
  • Sponsored links:

• Mail have been reporting that since November now!!... Bloody shit stirrers they are
  • Leave Connor with us where he will be one of the first names in the starting 11 or recall and ship him off to a Prem side where he'll likely be one of the first names to go on the  bench. Would be a bizarre way of helping him develop in his first season in mens football. I call bullshit on this.
  • edited January 2020
    Shows what absolute nonsense these rumours are, that even the Charlton Life forum is not going into meltdown when they are published. 
  • SG has said that he has been informed that Gallagher will be staying until the end of the season..............unless  :)
  • Are you telling me that the Mail and Sun have been publishing inaccurate information? 
  • Talal said:
    Are you telling me that the Mail and Sun have been publishing inaccurate information? 
    Image result for omg gif
  • Talal said:
    Are you telling me that the Mail and Sun have been publishing inaccurate information? 
    Strange how they can continue to keep getting away with it, and not just with football 'rumours'. 
  • edited January 2020
    He is going to Swansea on loan. Just confirmed 
  • SamE7 said:
    He is going to Sansea on loan. Just confirmed 
    Where