Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Sometimes Bows can be a bit too honest in public. I remember him mentioning he would like to have rested Connor and that each of his player's are at risk of injury. Not sure a parent club of a loanee wouls take comfort in reading such.
  • Sage said:
    Chelsea are fucking wankers.

Wherever he goes is a joke, think about the player, his happiness, development and career. Doesn’t matter who ‘owns’ the player, it’s their career and going to Swansea is not going to benefit him any more than being here.

God, I hope we get in someone with good quality and finish above Swansea this season and Chelsea miss out on Europe. Even if that’s unlikely. 
    If he goes anywhere he's agreed to go, players can't be forced to accept a loan.
  • Well I hope we never loan out and develop another Chelsea youth player again. I understand Chelsea want what's best for the player, but if they have continually praised our development of Conor, and then pulled this on us, it's just not really fair on the time and resources we spent on him.
    I think he's been one of if not the best loan player we've had. It's for that reason I am gutted we're losing him. But for the reasons mentioned above I get why Chelsea are doing it even if I don't want to agree with it.
  • sam3110 said:
    Swansea fair enough they are push for promotion and have a relationship with Chelsea, it's shit but it's how it works sometimes. 

Derby though, who are no better than us and haven't had anything like the injury list we do, that just stinks
    Rooney probably paying his wages. 

Can also guide him in how to find the best 80 year old brasses in the area. 
  • Tanks for the memories, Conor. Good luck with your career. Onwards and upwards ... COYR’s 
  • Could he be Millwall bound....
  • Well this is shit. If it's Gallagher who wants this then why not at the start of the window, why now when players are coming back? If it's Chelsea then what c*nts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    He had shit hair anyway.
  • We've just lost our best player, to say I am absolutely gutted would be an understatement.
  • Oh well, I got that wrong. Bloody annoying.

All the best Conor, it’s been a privilege to see you in a Charlton shirt. 
  • The January recall was 2 way. When he signed he had no experience. He could have struggled to get into the team and Charlton might have wanted to terminate the deal early.

Much improved by Charlton.
  • We've just lost our best player, to say I am absolutely gutted would be an understatement.
    I am not underplaying Conor's ability because he was fantastic. But when everyone is fit, Cullen is our best and most influential player.
  • My favourite Charlton player since Jensen. Gutted. Knew he was gone end of the season but thought wed get a full year of him at least.
  • Well I hope we never loan out and develop another Chelsea youth player again. I understand Chelsea want what's best for the player, but if they have continually praised our development of Conor, and then pulled this on us, it's just not really fair on the time and resources we spent on him.
    Chelsea obviously not happy with his development or feel gone as far forward as he can in this Charlton side. 
  • Just a sh*t Robbie savage anyway...
  • Might be unpopular, but got a bad feeling Gallagher has initiated this and the Chelsea accusations bit premature.

Chelsea/Lampard happy with him being here and his progress. Has he had a little moan up because he's now playing in a pretty poor midfield with other 18/19yo getting overrun most weeks and losing games? If we didn't have the injuries and were still going like we were at the beginning with him scoring goals and being more creative, I don't know that this would be happening. He might fancy himself as wanting to play in a successful, creative team, more like the Derby loanees had last season.

Generally hope I am wrong as I want to love the guy for what he did for us in these 5 months, but something don't add up or sit right. Particularly when you factor in there is no immediate loan lined up
    It's an interesting theory.  Swansea wiped the floor with us at The Valley, and on paper we are hurtling towards relegation.  It's a great shame, because Gallagher has been our most creative player this season.  Would Maddison be a direct replacement, or is he more defensive?  
    Swansea were bang average in the return fixture though, I'd be really surprised if they went up especially as there's a fair chance Ayew might go
  • Sponsored links:

• He's just a shit Robbie Savage 
  • Well done to the young man.He has a great future. 

It's a revenue stream to Chelsea ,they have to protect their assets as well as developing them. The fact that it drops us in the shi t means fec k all to them

Big kick in the gonads tho

• edited January 2020
    Be interesting to see how Derby fans take to him if he went there. He rattled them a couple of weeks ago.

Wonder if Burnley are in for him and Chelsea think he's got the opportunity to step up and learn more.
  • edited January 2020
    We've just lost our best player, to say I am absolutely gutted would be an understatement.
    I am not underplaying Conor's ability because he was fantastic. But when everyone is fit, Cullen is our best and most influential player.

Conor is 100 times better than Cullen.

Edit: ok maybe not 100x, but much better. Offers so much more going forward than Cullen.

• If he joins a premiership team on loan fair enough, Chelsea can see how he fares and weather he's ready for them next season but to join another championship club doesn't make a lot of sense, gutted about it either way though, hopefully we can get a replacement in this week.
  • edited January 2020
    Either instigated by Chelsea which wouldn't look good on them but that's football. Or instigated by Gallagher which would suggest he wasn't up for another few months of a relegation scrap and wanted an easier ride.

Feel there's more than meets the eye here and if it's a move to a Championship club rather than the PL, then my gut is telling me that Conor and Chelsea lost patience, was overplayed/tired and fancied a crack at a team higher up in the league.

As the man himself says, it is what it is.
    Not best player for last few months. Only one win in 16 doesn’t reflect well on him or any of them to be fair. 
  • @BR7_addick I no longer think you are telling lies, see you at stoke